Poll

What's the first animal you'd want to see in Feral-Heart?

None, Feral-Heart is fine as it is.
Rabbits/Bunnies
Bovidae
Reptiles
Birds
Rodents
Different Caniforms and/or Feliforms Unlike What Is Already Added
Others (Please Comment)

Author Topic: IF New Animals Were Added, Which One Would Be First?  (Read 7054 times)

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
Re: IF New Animals Were Added, Which One Would Be First?
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 12:42:46 am »
Hyenas because their forms are so different, and they are not classified as canines.

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline Windstrider

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Soon-to-be college student!
    • Windstrider2017
    • windstrider2017@gmail.com
    • Windstrider2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 02:08:35 am »
Goats and horses would be pretty cool! As for different caniforms and feliforms, maybe some that are slightly different (wouldn't require a ton of differences but would be distinct), like maybe mer-animals (fins for manes and tufts, and aquatic tails, webbed paws).

Offline Siarczek

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Friendly Neighborhood Environmental Scientist
    • siarczek
    • siarczek-art
    • siarczki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 03:02:46 am »
I'd like if Feral Heart stuck to the theme of Carnivoran mammals, and the next I'd like to see would be hyenas or bears.

Things like horses, bird, and especially dragons just would feel a bit out of place for me, personally.

OCs | Art | [url=https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=62880.n

Offline Windstrider

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Soon-to-be college student!
    • Windstrider2017
    • windstrider2017@gmail.com
    • Windstrider2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 03:46:09 am »
I definitely prefer carnivores. But imagine a screaming goat noise for the goat's 'roar' option. xD Even just as a joke, it'd be kinda amusing. Jokes aside, I love the idea of bears and hyenas tho; I haven't really seen those anywhere in games.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 04:40:29 am »
Eeeee thank you guys so much for all the replies! ;w; I was shocked when I checked at how there were already two pages and seeing all your opinions really got me thinking about the best choice for a first animal if there was one, despite being way too biased for loving my little birdy buddies.

I would love to see foxes.

But as you said adding a new species would take up a lot of time, so it's not a priority right now. (But who knows what comes in the future am I right? ;) )

Thank ye for seeing this! I'd much rather have any bugs sorted out and all kinds of new abilities added before this, so take all the time you need! Fox/Fox like models would help a lot with people trying to make those kinds of animals, being the current canine model looks in my opinion much more like a coyote to me.

Personally, I believe birds would be a fun addition. Most games like FH that promised birds never really made it past demos and the such, so my poor lil heart is still holding out for one that finally makes it. I wanna make an owl or a raven and fly around ;v;

One thing that might be cool to add with birds though is the ability to actually land on other players- but with that you'd need to add collision to characters (instead of just walking right through them) so that probably wouldn't happen :') Along with probably changing up the movement system for flying so it feels a bit better as you fly- like, a bird probably couldn't do a total 180 in place :')
A bird model seems pretty reasonable for a new addition, though. It's pretty hard to make a bird using the canine or feline models... the four legs and paws break the immersion a bit.
Yeeee birds deserve more love. Landing on players would be cool as long as people didn't abuse it perhaps, being a lot of people already sit in groups together. Also there are birds known for sitting on animals and I believe eating bugs off of them, so it would make a lot of sense too!

It's actually almost a bit hard picturing birds in Feral-Heart without thinking of weird looking presets or the canine-into-bird look, heh.

Moving this over to the game discussion board since it feels a bit more like a discussion thread c:

Alright! Thank you.

Reptiles, because there are all kinds of animals and fantasy creatures that a reptiles could disguise as, just like some people use canines to make horse characters, a reptile can vary tons of character species! The reptile model could be used to make a dragon, snake, crocodile, dinosaur, or even just cute small lizards! On top of that, its skin material that makes it unique from the two other species opens a door to a whole other side of creativity for people to possess, because on default its skin are textured as scales, and not pelt :)

On the other hand, I personally just love dragons. That would be the first kind of character that I would create if the reptile model were to be implemented.

Goats and horses would be pretty cool! As for different caniforms and feliforms, maybe some that are slightly different (wouldn't require a ton of differences but would be distinct), like maybe mer-animals (fins for manes and tufts, and aquatic tails, webbed paws).

Yessss, reptiles would open up so much more to character creation, and I think by far is the best choice for what's added first for creative reasons.

It would be nice if on reptile models, webbing and fins replace the manes and tuffs. Feathers would be interesting too as many dragon characters use feathers, like this for example:

To be really honest, I think FeralHeart is totally fine the way it is. It's always been canine and feline based and honestly I think that's how it should stay, but I mean I'm not against new species. Deer would be pretty heckin neato to see.

Ye, I understand that completely, even if it might be an unpopular choice and maybe not my entire feeling, but I do agree in some ways with it. The feel of Feral-Heart to me is very much with felines and canines, and having another animal does feel kinda strange, but I'd also be really excited to see new ones.

Again, thank ye all for the replies! I'm sorry they're out of order since I had both pages' tabs open and was scrolling up and down, but I hope this shows more about how I feel on the subject!

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 08:24:07 am »
Ants.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 11:11:19 am »
Refrain from posting the same thread anywhere, even in different boards: The Third Species C:
But here is this poll that already shows a decent statistic ;3;
doing what i feel like

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 11:14:44 am »
Dragons would be lovely!
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline snappyhyena

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • oh worm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 12:07:11 pm »
i know this is about my third time posting in this thread because i am almost ALL FOR adding new animals, but... as i'm caught up in that excitement, now i'm starting to think about a few things. how would they really look in the game? who edited or made the feline/canine models, and would that same person be there to help the creation of future animals? if not, then would the "style" of the existing models have to be mimicked for that model? would the model be accurate to it's real-life counterpart or would it end up looking questionable? would the model's final product and animations satisfy or disappoint those who wanted it?

Offline monsteropera

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2019, 09:25:35 pm »
dragons, equines, cervids, avians...i want it all haha!!