Author Topic: Veteran Player Nostalgia?  (Read 9409 times)

Offline Folktale

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I'm always up for a chat ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Veteran Player Nostalgia?
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2019, 04:17:23 am »
I was perfectly fine if my character died too lmao

LOL Same here, though. If someone whispered me asking if they could kill my character I was like "A'ight, that's fine I guess. I can make another character, screw this one."
Not really my finest moments, but my god I was a dramatic kid
Profile Picture by my good friend Emmi <3

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2019, 04:21:28 am »
slinking around in the foresty part of bonfire, going with the weekly species rps..
keeheh..fox packs.
i never did a mate center in my day, though. they annoyed me more than anything.
other things i did? ran around fluorite, tried to identify every single spot from all the videos i watched religiously. browsed stone bridge for the perfectly calibrated warriors rp that my tiny mind thought would last longer than 2 hours post-recruitment, attempted to make my own maps, browsed the forums for cool maps to explore with my pal, hart..
god. there is/was/probably a lot more. if i was patient enough tonight i'd open my old laptop and browse my screenshots and tell a lot more.
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline Nanaki

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2019, 10:24:10 pm »
I remember just how incredibly vast Flourite Plains felt, and the diverse RPs that would happen there. However I do NOT miss the fights over den-claiming LOL. I feel like there always used to be people on, and no matter the time of day you could find an RP to join. The common names for landmarks as well; everyone knew where "L Island" or "Stone Bridge" were on the map. I mostly just miss seeing the hundreds of people online.

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2019, 07:14:17 am »
I Joined in 2011 and remember back before wings, dashing and items were added. It's sort of fuzzy now, but I recall for some time there was an infamous group glitch. Every once in awhile your groups, if they got too large, would be completely deleted. You'd need to alert and find all your friends and re-create the group and add them. I recall it happening quite a few times on me. Was super annoying and took the longest time to fix.

Lowkey I don't miss that and it wasn't a fond memory, but I don't think many people know about it being a thing back then.

I remember when I first joined I didn't realize there was a way out of Bonfire, so I was stuck in there for a week or so. I was too anxious to ask anyone until I finally spoke up. I think back then I was too self-conscious about my age, being older on a game where there were a lot of younger players. Thankfully it doesn't bother me anymore, I just kinda shrug if it's brought up.

I miss general chat and seeing that bright red moderator text when people got in trouble. I miss the N/Z tree and the den on the other side of the hill that was a hot commodity back then. Same with that larger cave all the way in the North of Fluorite Plains. There was also that spot with the rock platforms where the platform stuck out of the ground just enough so you'd fit under it and use it for a den. There was always large wolf fighting rings in Ficho Tunnel too for some reason? A lot of Pokemon roleplays flocked there too. I know Ascension Island was sort of the hub place for fandom groups and characters.  I just remembers there being so many Homestucks lurking around in there.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 07:17:03 am by ZombieKitteh »

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2019, 07:56:10 am »
I Joined in 2011 and remember back before wings, dashing and items were added. It's sort of fuzzy now, but I recall for some time there was an infamous group glitch. Every once in awhile your groups, if they got too large, would be completely deleted. You'd need to alert and find all your friends and re-create the group and add them. I recall it happening quite a few times on me. Was super annoying and took the longest time to fix.
i remember this!! also when group chats would leak so everyone can see someone's message, or getting "-character name- has joined" messages in the chat when you are not even in a group. it was so weird and confused me for the longest time.

Offline eijiro

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • - zurückbleiben, bitte
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2019, 04:32:40 pm »
I have like, one really vivid memory of the "old" FeralHeart that I think about a lot that makes me super nostalgic. Listening to that specific song in Ficho Tunnels (Moon Temple, I believe it's called) while sitting around roleplaying or wandering the map on my own brings back so many memories and good feelings. I used to play this game a lot when I was sick with mono and other things, and just remembering that brings the good feelings that had come with it. I wish I could go back, sometimes! It really is the soundtrack that makes me nostalgic...

Also, the absolute chaos of Bonfire before they added lonely cave. The computer I had used was old and pathetic and it took me forever to get away from the spawn point. I was so relieved when they added Lonely Cave. I also miss the random Lion King roleplays at the little cliff of Bonfire, or the random fox and wolf pups wandering around.

I also miss when custom maps weren't super duper complicated! It's such a weird thing, but I loved the simplicity of old custom roleplay maps that just used the default FeralHeart items. I had some of my best roleplays in those maps. Also, when everyone used Skype groups for their roleplays instead of Discord, LOL.

Also, the husky and arctic wolf roleplays in South Pole. I've been itching to be in one ever since, but I feel like it's too late now, LOL. It just seemed like there were simply more roleplays back then, and like someone said earlier, nowadays they're basically all on Discord. It just felt like the roleplays back then were a bit more... genuine? I don't know the right word for it. Recruiting at Cape Island in Fluorite was one of my favorite things to do. Now everyone just runs around in the chaos that is The Grounds.

Offline greggory.

• Curious Wanderer
  • swallowing the stars again
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2019, 05:30:26 pm »
though i'm in the same place as angel, where i was around ever since around 2014, i can relate to all of these.

i remember a lot of fluorite of course, but i remember joining in on some pokemon roleplays around crystal lake that would die out really fast. man.

i really miss that one temple too, temple of dreams i think?

sometimes me and friends would frolic in ascension island, not even really doing the parkour. agh, such simpler times really.
enfp-t - clikkie - he/him/they/them

ayo!1 you can call me green or gregg/greggory. i love to make new friends so feel free to dm me

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2019, 07:14:40 pm »
Out of nostalgia, I'm actually going to go through with playing on my AC character on my old/first/this account. I'll leave everything on her as is, maybe except an explanation in the bio. I probably won't get anyone, but at least I'll be "useful" while I'm tabbed out.

Also, does anyone else remember the Steven Universe roleplays/maybe just characters around the wooded area of Bonfire, somewhat towards the ramp/hill to get to the "pride rock" area? I never joined one, but I remember there being a few here and there. There were also horses, though I don't think I ever joined one of those either. I joined a chicken group once though.

Also I don't see this as much anymore, but those "army" kinda things where everyone made a similar looking or the same character and ran around, possibly trolling or just being silly. Like, there was one that was the "Tiny Blue Dog Army" I think? Something along those lines.

Offline greggory.

• Curious Wanderer
  • swallowing the stars again
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2019, 07:33:43 pm »
Out of nostalgia, I'm actually going to go through with playing on my AC character on my old/first/this account. I'll leave everything on her as is, maybe except an explanation in the bio. I probably won't get anyone, but at least I'll be "useful" while I'm tabbed out.

Also, does anyone else remember the Steven Universe roleplays/maybe just characters around the wooded area of Bonfire, somewhat towards the ramp/hill to get to the "pride rock" area? I never joined one, but I remember there being a few here and there. There were also horses, though I don't think I ever joined one of those either. I joined a chicken group once though.

Also I don't see this as much anymore, but those "army" kinda things where everyone made a similar looking or the same character and ran around, possibly trolling or just being silly. Like, there was one that was the "Tiny Blue Dog Army" I think? Something along those lines.

i don't remember the steven universe roleplays, but i definitely remember the horse ones!! i joined in on one i remember but it was only a day. i joined another horse role play, too, with a private map.

i think i remember the armies!!! it's very vague though.

remember that one island in fluorite everybody would gather on?? i miss that strangely bad.
enfp-t - clikkie - he/him/they/them

ayo!1 you can call me green or gregg/greggory. i love to make new friends so feel free to dm me

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2019, 07:58:47 pm »

remember that one island in fluorite everybody would gather on?? i miss that strangely bad.
Heck I don't- unless you mean the one with the portal to Cape?