Author Topic: Is it still worth rping/playing FH ?  (Read 2517 times)

Offline kaczek

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Is it still worth rping/playing FH ?
« on: July 30, 2019, 03:31:24 pm »
Sorry if thats wrong forum category))

So.. is it still worth roleplaying in this game ? I have seen many rp packs sitting and posting movie clips
I used to rp back in 2012 - 2014 or 15 but after those years lots of my friends and rp partners left, feels like FH was more popular in 2012/13..
I wanted to try again but im afraid of many things: is it still worth playing/rping in fh ? what if theyre gonna wolfspeak ? what if im still a newbie in this ? how long will the game survive after 2019?

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Is it still worth rping/playing FH ?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 04:12:10 pm »
I'd say it's def still worth playing. It's still pretty active and hopefully with the source code found and actual real updatese being made, it will grow once more. There are plenty of packs and other groups that rp as you said, but a lot of them aren't really Wolfspeak. If anything, you can create your own group!

Offline Aico

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Le bleh bleh bleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 07:20:53 pm »
Well the game has lost a lot, yes. But the way for this game to thrive is for the community to still believe in the game and help it. With the source codes being out and updates are able to be made now, people have been starting to come back which I think is great. I’d say FH is still worth playing.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 08:20:52 pm »
It really depends, I’ve seen lots of packs and role-play groups this Summer so It’s definitely worth a shot if you’re into that. The game was definitely more popular back in 2012 yes, but considering that there isn’t many games like FeralHeart online, I’d stay that it still is for the most part. And since the source code is now being used properly, I believe there’s still more to come, new features, etc.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 09:00:23 pm »
I do have to agree that the game had a lot more life back then... but I'd say that there's still enough people to stick around for. I see plenty of roleplays advertising in grounds still. Like Obsxura pointed out, there's not really a lot of alternatives to FH. If not for the community, that should be enough to keep the game alive.
I'd say it's still worth it. The game seems to have come back a bit since 1.17, and more upcoming content should keep the game alive well into the next few years. Just give it a shot, and I'm sure you'll find a roleplay that works for you. : )

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 11:24:38 pm »
After the removal of general chat it became gradually harder to find roleplay groups. The earlier years of Feral Heart were definitely the “golden age” for roleplaying but I wouldn’t say it’s not worth it anymore. If anything it’s substantially harder now to find a good roleplay group that actually roleplays yet alone sticks around. Most roleplay groups these days are short lived or just uninteresting. You’ll find some of the really old groups still around but often times they’re not really roleplaying. A lot of the “roleplay” groups you find these days are just glorified friend groups who just sit around and afk. Not to mention practically everyone is exclusively in The Grounds so there’s slim pickings of actual roleplay groups, since most people are just chatting, afking, and not actually roleplaying there. A lot of the roleplays that were left slipped off to private maps or Discord servers. If you’re patient, lucky, and not picky you might find someone to roleplay with and you can always attempt to start a roleplay yourself. But yeah, good luck!

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2019, 02:21:09 am »
I see a few rp groups around that advertise regularly, as I spend a majority of my day in game. There's mixed groups such as lions, wolves, equines, and quite a few other species. FH may not be as active in regards to roleplaying as it once was, but there's still things around if you're patient and look hard enough. As for you being a 'newbie', there's not really a certain criteria that you have to follow when you join an rp, so long as you know your English, doesn't matter if you're new or old to roleplaying; everyone has to start somewhere. I believe even after spending many years within this community and in the game, that it is still very much worth it. I feel as though there is much good to come in the future.

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2019, 02:33:53 am »
I definitely think it's still worth it to play FeralHeart and roleplay on here!
While the memberbase may have dropped quite a lot and the game has gotten a bit quieter, the game definitely still has a lot to offer. There are many members and roleplays who still actively roleplay and such, you just gotta find them at the right time really.

With the source code being back and all, I definitely see more members coming in and old members returning.
The game has much more to offer now that we can add more to it and give it more to do and such, you can always make maps and presets to entertain yourself as well, or even simple mods like GUI and moons and such!

I think the best way to find an active and most roleplays advertising would be joining a FeralHeart discord, of course they're not really "official" but a lot have advertising channels you can find a lot in, either that or sitting in The Grounds for a bit.
artwork by dehvina

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2019, 02:49:23 am »
It all boils down to personal preference, really. While it is true that there aren't as many wide ranged role plays out there, there are still some that are fairly good and active. Not many people wolfspeak much anymore and I have seem some "semi illiterate" groups still around. At this moment Feral Heart is still in its growing stages, as said before we've got the source code. And in years to come, I am sure the updates will pull quite a bit of users in.