Author Topic: A couple of notes  (Read 38453 times)

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 301
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
A couple of notes
« on: September 26, 2018, 09:34:14 am »
Well here we are guys right now its just me and you.

Those of you who know me know I'm not one for explaining myself.

But I guess a couple of notes are needed.

Those who disagree with moderator free October. You seem to be wildly over simplifying its operation. I'll give you a hint block != ban or even  blockx9000 != ban.(important note != is not = for those unaware != means does not equal)

Also note moderator free October was preparation for the staffs departure.

As for lost characters. PLEASE in future check where your download is coming from. If it doesn't come directly off feral-heart.com I cannot be held responsible for its content. So if its some random mediafire link think twice before you download.

I wont restore your characters quite yet as it seems people are still loosing theirs. I'm not about to start some daily restore of lost characters. There are other more pressing matters to attend.

I'm also aware prior to the staffs departure, certainly in the staff room and possibly around the forum posts were blanked out. I will also have these restored in good time.

Sorry its so brief as you may imagine there's now a lot to do.

Raz

PS: THE SERVERS ARE NOT FOR SALE xD (I've suddenly had a lot of offers) (And yes there are more than one)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 03:38:46 pm by razmirz »
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of notes
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 09:43:10 am »
What will happen to the Forum?

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 301
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 09:44:38 am »
It's still here?  ??? It's just at present a little low on staffers.
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline Valrin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • thos beans.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 10:06:51 am »
oh sweet its still happening

Ratel

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 10:09:59 am »
H E C K

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 10:26:55 am »
I must ask, has any other game tried out having bot as a moderator? If so then I'd feel a bit calmer about this October thing, knowing it's not just throwing a robot in water and hoping it's waterproof.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:22:45 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 10:30:36 am »
I must ask, has any other game tried out having bot as a moderator? If so then I'd feel a bit calmer about this October thing, knowing it's not just throwing a robot in water and hoping it's waterproof.

Yeah I agree with Gui.
I think the main problem with this was/is is that people don’t understand coding. They also don’t understand how the system works. So It is very important to say and explain everything that will happen in more “understandable” way? xD

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Falconry

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • here, queer, full of fear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 10:32:16 am »
I'm trying to be very calm about this, but perhaps if you had explained it in the first place people wouldn't be so upset? You seem keen to blame us for over-reacting when you gave us barely any information. You seem downright mocking us for not understanding it when you didn't explain it. Here is your exact post.

There was no explanation. There is still no explanation.

Perhaps it's time to, well, suck it up about your supposed dislike for explaining things.

Also, I still believe this is an absolutely horrendous idea, and as I have no real evidence to go on to the contrary I will continue that opinion.

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • God in their worst form.
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 10:38:50 am »
I'm trying to be very calm about this, but perhaps if you had explained it in the first place people wouldn't be so upset? You seem keen to blame us for over-reacting when you gave us barely any information. You seem downright mocking us for not understanding it when you didn't explain it. Here is your exact post.

There was no explanation. There is still no explanation.

Perhaps it's time to, well, suck it up about your supposed dislike for explaining things.

Also, I still believe this is an absolutely horrendous idea, and as I have no real evidence to go on to the contrary I will continue that opinion.

This is what I agree with 100%, give us a reason for No Mod October... but in the first place..

Why would the mods have left in the first place? For what reason?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:44:37 am by Rosewell »
Attempting to get more active. Enjoy the day!

Cheers!

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 11:07:48 am »
You call it over-exaggeration. However, Razmirz, you have simply justified our reasons for "overreacting" so simply. Blocking members = a ban? Although a considerate move to cover up for the loss of Staff members, it is simply going to become an abused system.

Our main concern is the fact that you've now left the game in the open with self-moderation. You are abandoning the rules that were set from the very start of FeralHeart, and allowing people to swear and harass eachother without any consequences to be faced. For 31 days?! This is wrong and gives you no moral highground in your intention. There is a young generation amongst this community who do not need to be taught the cursed words and learn that they are allowed to insult vulnerable people in-game with no consequences to be faced. You WILL be held responsible should behaviour change amongst children, and for the worst, especially if they take said behaviour outside of the game and start giving people in real life a hard time too.
When you receive complaints from parents of these children, you cannot claim you won't be held responsible when you are the one who has announced that the playerbase is self-moderated.

You need to find new Staff, and fast.
Or better yet, fix your situation with the Staff that have left and bring back what made FeralHeart a wonderful game in the first place.

Dismount your pedestal and listen to the voices pleading for what is obviously the better for this game. The whole idea of games like this is to bring what the people want to the table. You have done nothing but turn a blind eye to what the people want and that is what is going to give you a great lack of support in the long run.

If October was preparation for the staff's departure, you should have done the best and most appropriate thing and immediately started a search for new Staff members to take their place. Replacement isn't always a bad thing so long as it is done to ensure the continuation and safety of members of a community.

Please, do the right thing and reconsider some of your decisions.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡