Author Topic: Feral Heart Community Appreciation Day  (Read 4184 times)

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
Re: Staff Appreciation Day
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 09:32:09 pm »
Y’all are much too sweet.

As much as we do for the community, you all do as well. Community and staff are one, and in fact you as members give us help and insight for the game and how we can improve it, which is a pleasure. You guys deserve as much praise as anyone else, and maybe we can all come up with an event that celebrates every single one of us. If you guys have any ideas, that would be great as well. I appreciate the thought of staff appreciation, but you guys deserve your praise as well. <3
Maybe a sort of praise day we have every year or couple of months or so to get together as a community and be kind and compliment and praise each other for everyone’s hard work and dedication to the game! That would be pretty awesome, a praise day for the community and staff all together.

AAAA Yes, I agree! We will figure something out. <3 As Bawfle said in her hashtag:

#FeralHeartAppreciationDay

gotta love this hashtag. And as stated, it could be some sort of celebration or day for appreciation and what we are all thankful for. Any ideas on activities and stuff to do during this event would be grand. Maybe a Staff Q&A podcast of the sorts for community members to ask questions? There's a lot of things we could do, which would be nice. All ideas welcome!
A podcast to discuss what we could do and all that or ask questions, maybe the radio could be on, movie night, even a contest of some sort could be neat!
artwork by dehvina

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 09:54:19 pm »
The event could be hosted the weekend before Thanksgiving, so it's fresh n all.

Could host different events on different days to celebrate the best things about FeralHeart. Could do it over a single day, a week, or even just a 2-3 day weekend. I think a 2-3 day weekend would work best because it's not too long or too short, and a whole bunch of FeralHeart users would be able to take part in at least some activities with them being spread out. If we were to do a FeralHeart Appreciation event over a 2-3 day weekend, I think maybe Fri-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Fri-Sun?

For example, if I were to plan a series of events over a period of days, I'd organise it something like this (if you're wanting to do what you guys did last FHORD, if not just imagine the Roleplay Days combined to the Saturday):

Friday

Feline Roleplay Day
Completely trash FHORD on any other day of the year, and have the Roleplay Day specifically for the FeralHeart Appreciation (day/week/weekend) Event. Feels like FHORD is one of those special things that you should only do once a year to keep the sentiment alive.

Saturday

Canine Roleplay Day
Completely trash FHORD on any other day of the year, and have the Roleplay Day specifically for the FeralHeart Appreciation (day/week/weekend) Event. Feels like FHORD is one of those special things that you should only do once a year to keep the sentiment alive.

Sunday

Treasure Hunt
Two hours before the movie, a treasure hunt of sorts could take place? Basically all users must enter the 1st map before they are welcome to enter the actual treasure hunt map when the event begins. A couple Moderators can go in that map to guard it, and disqualify anyone who enters or something like that. Maybe add riddles and clues, whatever you want to spunk it up a little. The first person to find all hidden artefacts wins overall, the prize or prizes should be creative and rewarding.

Radio & Movie Night
Radio could play an hour before the Movie begins as usual before a Movie is hosted, OR during the treasure hunt then continuing until the Movie begins. i donno, whatever works best in the end. Then after the movie the Radio could be continued until the podcast.

Podcast
Q's & A's like Calvary said, maybe FH related topic conversation etc, maybe find some inspiration from previous podcasts and possibly come up with other ideas.

Art Contest (Announcement)
I know we have DeviantART, but a lot of FH users are not permitted or do not use DA actively, so maybe host an Art Contest for the event at the beginning of November, which can close a few days before the final celebration date for Staff or Public voting. Maybe public voting because it's a celebration for everyone to get involved in, so it should include voting. That's my view on that anyway. Maybe the Art Contest winners announcement could be announced

Either that or Friday to Saturday, or cramp it all in one day- it all depends on the events really and how to work times and dates appropriately around that.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:02:05 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Kahbloom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Happy Camper
    • Kahbloom
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 09:56:07 pm »
Ooooh, I love both of these ideas!

We should do something like this! :D
I feel like it would be just another little fun thing that all of the community would enjoy together & it would excite people.
Please say hello if you see me in-game!
kahbloom.deviantart.com

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 10:23:45 pm »
Great ideas everyone! I never expected this idea to develop so quickly!

I think that sign-up should be open for at least one day during this special celebration!
I also think it would be great if all the staff could attend this special event!
Maybe we could have a special banquet table map with food and a cornacopia!

I'll begin designing a logo for this event! I'll show everyone when it's finished!

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 01:37:34 am »
Here's the logo I designed:

I thought of another activity too. How about having a yearly Feral Heart Appreciation Day Logo contest!

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 01:54:26 am »
Cute logo! A contest would be lovely as well. Could do a lot of things for the day.
artwork by dehvina

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2018, 02:08:10 am »
Cute logo! A contest would be lovely as well. Could do a lot of things for the day.

Thanks Likuu! I thought an event like this deserved a nice logo. I decided to add the cat and dog to be symbolic of how well everyone gets along with each other regardless of gender, race, etc. After all, this should be an event for the entire community to have fun!

wolfdog01

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 03:09:36 am »
I love the idea of contests! Maybe there could be competitions in art, presets, memes, etc. something for everybody. The treasure hunt and movie also sound great, I would suggest hide and seek in-game but some people may leave nametags on. Maybe if it is done in a custom map there could be a small area for roleplay ads. Like a little circle of recruiters who have the description of the group in their bio. Perhaps even a meet and greet from old members to the newer ones so they don't feel left out or anything. A trivia game of some sort??? We need all the things lol

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2018, 04:23:29 am »
I think this idea is lovely, great thinking, Dylan! I'm honestly surprised no one has thought of this before haha
Bawfle makes some great suggestions for activities for a weekend, #FeralHeartAppreciationDay, and Dylan with his map ideas and such. Love that logo, Dylan!!

In addition, regarding the staff appreciation day, I feel that anyone could celebrate this any day! Make some art, write some praise, whisper some thanks, the staff are appreciated everyday in every kind of way c:

You are amazing <3

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2018, 04:27:52 pm »
I cannot stop you guys from going forward with this event regardless of my opinion. However,

as much as I appreciate seeing this, I think that what's enough to be considered as an "appreciation day" is every day, seeing users still enjoying the game regardless of events that take place (the bad type) and the 2016 update having not met the standards or expectations of users. What all of us staff love to see is that we are thanked for our hard work (mainly @ old staffers as they've been around for much longer) and encouraged to continue working so hard, especially when ideas are given to us, as well as feedback from the work we've already done.
Kibou Ridge, I feel was a massive accomplishment for us all. The feedback we received was truly wonderful as the community had been asking for a snowy map for a long time now. It has definitely received some praise along the lines of "This is a much better version of South Pole, I hope it stays!" and stay it shall. South Pole may not ever return but we're glad to see that Kibou Ridge has been perceived as a replacement that's better than SP itself.

I appreciate your thoughts on having an appreciation day, but personally I don't think we need (or want?) a specific date and day dedicated to us. If this were to happen, I think that it would only be fair if us Staff had a day of the year where we appreciate you back and make it all about the community and the users who've contributed so much to FeralHeart. We don't want the appreciation to always be directed at us because, non-staff have contributed too. Lady_Alizarin and LaughingWolf in particular to the most recent update.

I don't think we need one day dedicated to praising us when, really, we all just want to see you enjoying yourselves. That in itself is what we (or I) consider to be appreciative of what the Staff do for FeralHeart. If you enjoy it and enjoy it for however long, that in itself, is a 'Thank you, to the Staff and those who committed to this game and contributed to the update(s).'

Would love to have parties with you all though.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡