Author Topic: Clone a character  (Read 2436 times)

Offline Machungwa63

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
    • View Profile
Clone a character
« on: January 19, 2019, 01:51:48 am »
On the screen when you're selecting a character you have the "Back," "Start," "Edit," and "Create" characters... I was wondering if it would be possible/at all desirable to clone a character?

The reason I would like it is when I'm making movies sometimes I like to make the characters change color throughout the film - for example, I've had scenes in my movies when I've had to turn Lenny into a "chicken" or cover him with soot after an explosion. It would be easier for me though just to have multiple Lennys on standby like "chicken Lenny" or "soot Lenny." Rather than rebuilding Lenny multiple times or going in and editing him each time, it'd be nice to just be able to clone the character and make little edits to each one.

It could also be handy for anyone who wants to make near-identical twins or something along those lines.

My big questions are:

1. Is this possible?
2. Is it desirable? My uses for it are very specific. I'm not sure if it's a feature anyone else would enjoy using.
I make FH movies on YouTube! Be sure to check them out and subscribe at http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx0ehjAstAokZb3BBgs61uA

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Clone a character
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 02:06:40 am »
i don't believe it is possible, although i feel like it was at one point. maybe i'm thinking of another game.

i don't see the harm in it personally.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 02:07:00 am »
Sadly it isn't possible. Without the source code, not a lot can be added/edited in the actual game coding itself, so unfortunately the only way to do that is to just make the multiple Lenny's or any character you want to clone, and just screenshot all of the slider and item info or what have you. It does seem like an interesting concept though.

wolfdog01

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 07:46:56 am »
I will have to agree with the cloning idea. Every so often I have the urge to make mini versions of my chars or outlandish versions, but I also want to have them be turned back into exactly the same as before, like an undo button. I don't feel like creating so many chars just to goof off so I think this idea would be cool. If we could do it that is.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 11:27:32 am »
Some people who have two accounts use two different browsers for the login page and run two game tabs that way. It's not exactly "cloning" but you can always note down your characters' colour codes and put them onto your other account so that you can play the two characters at the same time.

Personally I don't particularly agree with having a cloning feature because some people may clone themselves more than once and, before you know it, there's suddenly an army of the one person. While it's a neat idea for movies, the likelihood of trolling by abusing the feature will increase.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 06:33:23 pm »
Some people who have two accounts use two different browsers for the login page and run two game tabs that way. It's not exactly "cloning" but you can always note down your characters' colour codes and put them onto your other account so that you can play the two characters at the same time.

Personally I don't particularly agree with having a cloning feature because some people may clone themselves more than once and, before you know it, there's suddenly an army of the one person. While it's a neat idea for movies, the likelihood of trolling by abusing the feature will increase.

if it's locked to only cloning characters you make, i don't see how you could abuse it for that...

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 06:50:35 pm »

if it's locked to only cloning characters you make, i don't see how you could abuse it for that...

By cloning your character more than once. If there are no limitations.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 06:58:36 pm »
As the idea may seem cool at the first glance, there are many more things here that I don’t find..fitting. I agree with Scally’s comment, the feature could be abused and there is already a way to have more characters at the same time in-game, which is by using another account & having a cloned/remade character ingame. I find that way very useful and It doesn’t abuse the game whatsoever. 

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 02:17:03 pm »
I see two ways of cloning.

If a button could put a copy of your character into the map, people might flood maps with their character, and I'm not entirely sure how each clone would be controlled(My guess is that the clones would move like a raft; all the same way at the same time). I think a clone button would cause lag if it did that.

But if there's a button that can copy a character into another slot in the character select screen, it would be useful to skip typing all the colour codes for each new body of the character, I like the sound of a button that does that.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 07:13:17 pm »
Quite frankly, it is possible if you're willing to go back and forth multiple times between tabs. Otherwise, an easy way is not possible due to staff not having possession of the source code to program that function into the game.

What I mean by it's possible, is that I've done it before. Same account, or separate.
I personally only did it to save a character that I would've otherwise lost due to needing to delete some characters.

For the same account, just open two FH tabs, do NOT move the window if it loads directly on top of the first. But if it doesn't, you need to line up both tabs perfectly on top of each other. Log in with one, and go to the desired character and edit. Then, on the second tab, log in there with the same account and make a new character. (Note: This will log you out of the first tab due to the last tab you loged in with takes over the primary session.) To get the proportions to be the same, on the new character once you've selected wolf or lion, move them to around where you have them set on the original. Switch back to the tab with the completed character while looking at the dials without closing the first and see how much you need to move them back or forward. (I would suggest doing this one by one, once completing one dial to save the character and edit it again so it saves you from having to do the tedious work again in case it glitches and freezes on you.) Switch tabs and adjust, then switch tabs again, watching the dials, to see if they match or are close to. Keep adjusting as needed until you can switch tabs and the dials don't move an inch. Now if you're like me, then I always make sure they stay exactly the same. Consistency! lmao

For separate accounts, once again open two FH tabs. On the login page on your browser, log out, then log into your second account. On the second FH tab, repeat what was said for "copying" your character to the same account.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort