Poll

Do you think that Advertising FeralHeart could be great?

Yes! :)
Nah :/

Author Topic: Advertising Feral-Heart.  (Read 3731 times)

Offline BlackSheWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • I'm Xena !
    • blackshewolf666
    • View Profile
    • Discord
Advertising Feral-Heart.
« on: May 24, 2019, 10:11:19 pm »
Hello all, first of all. I don'y know where I should put this topic, so I hope I didn't fail.

ADVERTISING FERAL HEART
I know I'm not the only one that with the passing of the years, is seeing that the game is dying about new members, and the old sometimes returns because of their lifes. And I'm being playing this game since 2012 and it makes me sad seeing that the game is having more less member each month..
So I suggest here that we need to share FeralHeart in social medias, asking for the childrens that would love the artistc-roleplay related on this world. Also, feeling in love with making characters and with animals. Also, meeting new people and learn other languages. This game can be special not for me, also for everyone that didn't meet this.
I don't say that the game is dead, but is not on his best moments and we need to help to our administrators to this community grow!

I will be reading your comments about this, I think it would be a nice idea to this game start growing again. ^^

Open MD if you need help!
Abre un MD si necesitas ayuda!

Offline Machungwa63

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Advertising Feral-Heart.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 10:20:30 pm »
I 100% agree with this. I definitely believe one of the first steps is for Feral-Heart to make official social media accounts for the game on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube where they can showcase new features or announcements with quality content. There are some "unofficial Feral-Heart" accounts out there that come and go but I believe having a permanent account or such on different channels where certain game admins can have access to and update as time goes on is a step in the right direction.

Also, and I know this could be controversial, but have we ever considered removing the requirements on having registration only open 30 minutes a day or having to log in on the site and keep the page open while you play? If I recall correctly, these were steps brought about to stop the massive amount of accounts that were being created and then abandoned back in the day, but since the amount of users has dwindled a little bit perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to remove or weaken some of these steps?
I make FH movies on YouTube! Be sure to check them out and subscribe at http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx0ehjAstAokZb3BBgs61uA

Fonzie

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 10:35:57 pm »
i made a thread on this a few months back- i remember the staff said something like they didn't plan to make official ads, but members are more than welcome to advertise if they want to. so yes, i 100% agree that feralheart should be advertised... though i'm not sure where. most places don't appreciate random posts about other sites. it's just a matter of finding the right website to advertise on and knowing your audience.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 02:49:26 am »
i've seen threads like this pop up every now and again. kinda surprised nothing's come of it officially since.

genuinely, if the staff team at least officially endorsed someone who did an ad or something of the sort - it'd be more legitimate than just a random player.
prob wouldn't take too much to run an ad on youtube or something for a bit, considering.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 03:45:13 am »
This is a nice concept and I too (as well as many others), would love to see FeralHeart thrive with new players.

Though, as it stands, there isn't many very used social medias that FeralHeart - I feel would fit into in regards to catching the eyes of an audience. I'm sure something could be figured out, but it is all up to the staff team! Most of the community I am sure would feel positively towards the idea, though!

I am behind this idea though if it ever was brought to life or considered again by the staff members!
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 11:40:42 am »
I agree that advertising FeralHeart with actual ads would be amazing, and yes it would help the game in many regards. I remember reading through Fonzie's thread a couple months back, but never commented. Guess I can say my peace now, eh?

I wouldn't leave the advertising solely to the staff. We as members of this community, staff or not, need to help spread the word that this little game exists. You can help by simply mentioning FeralHeart's name on another game or platform such as a forum or social media in the manner of "I play X game in my free time" or however else you would want to go about it, just as I do on my DeviantArt page.

To help advertise this game, you can make YouTube videos about FeralHeart. Maybe make a music video, or one that goes over all the fun and silly things that happen. Or, you could make one about all the cool and neat things you can do with this game, such as make and implement your own meshes, animations, textures, items, maps, presets, markings, everything. You can mention the game in your signature or bio on other platforms, too. (Doing this just as long as it's okay when on another game's forum. Always respect other's rules.) Generally, throwing out the name of something will gather interest if nobody has heard of it before. Be it in a discord server you're active in, a twitter post, tumbler post, on a forum--anywhere would do. If more of us started doing this wherever we can or want to, I'm sure FeralHeart's name will get around.

Needless to say, go for it! Tell other people about FeralHeart if you want to do that in hopes of helping it grow again. It's always fun to talk about games you love to others. Hopefully they'll want to experience the game as well with you. That's how games get around anyways~
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 11:44:51 am by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 02:05:50 pm »
I remember there being a contest on Discord and you had to advertise FH on different social media platforms, only a few people participated but it was fun. Not sure why it was discontinued though. But nonetheless I feel like on platforms like Furaffinity and certain game advertising groups on deviantart and whatever else there is, a few ads for FH would be nice to see. I remember adding advertisements for the game on the Minecraft forum as well lol. Not sure if that worked but they had a board for ‘Other games’ as far as I can remember. I think that someone could make an “official” banner picture for the FH game and we could all use that to advertise it. And even having an official YouTube trailer for the game! I think that could be done with a little event where you could see people dancing and then having scenes that show all official maps and stuff :D That would be pretty cool to see, It just needs to be well made (take notes from Brokami’s FH HD trailer ;))

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2019, 05:02:50 pm »
Official FH Trailers.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline BlackSheWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • I'm Xena !
    • blackshewolf666
    • View Profile
    • Discord
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2019, 06:54:57 pm »
First of all, thanks to everyone that supports the idea.

I agree that advertising FeralHeart with actual ads would be amazing, and yes it would help the game in many regards. I remember reading through Fonzie's thread a couple months back, but never commented. Guess I can say my peace now, eh?

I wouldn't leave the advertising solely to the staff. We as members of this community, staff or not, need to help spread the word that this little game exists. You can help by simply mentioning FeralHeart's name on another game or platform such as a forum or social media in the manner of "I play X game in my free time" or however else you would want to go about it, just as I do on my DeviantArt page.

To help advertise this game, you can make YouTube videos about FeralHeart. Maybe make a music video, or one that goes over all the fun and silly things that happen. Or, you could make one about all the cool and neat things you can do with this game, such as make and implement your own meshes, animations, textures, items, maps, presets, markings, everything. You can mention the game in your signature or bio on other platforms, too. (Doing this just as long as it's okay when on another game's forum. Always respect other's rules.) Generally, throwing out the name of something will gather interest if nobody has heard of it before. Be it in a discord server you're active in, a twitter post, tumbler post, on a forum--anywhere would do. If more of us started doing this wherever we can or want to, I'm sure FeralHeart's name will get around.

Needless to say, go for it! Tell other people about FeralHeart if you want to do that in hopes of helping it grow again. It's always fun to talk about games you love to others. Hopefully they'll want to experience the game as well with you. That's how games get around anyways~

I used to see some video music videos and that was a reason I joined to the game in 2012. It would be awesome that they return and create videos again. And yes, advertising is not always a staff job, what better publishment that the players who play it? Thank you for supporting this idea.

Official FH Trailers.
Do you mean that FH have official trailers? Or that FH needs official trailers? Yes, they need.
i made a thread on this a few months back- i remember the staff said something like they didn't plan to make official ads, but members are more than welcome to advertise if they want to. so yes, i 100% agree that feralheart should be advertised... though i'm not sure where. most places don't appreciate random posts about other sites. it's just a matter of finding the right website to advertise on and knowing your audience.
I didn't readed your post but I'm so happy that someone spoked this before than me! <3 I love so much this game and I want it to grow up, maybe this game helps others like happened to me...
Open MD if you need help!
Abre un MD si necesitas ayuda!

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 07:26:28 pm »
I guess I'll speak how I feel about this, no code means there might be no crowd. We seem to have hit a breaking point where people just aren't interested in what the game offers. Only talking and role-play with no action/mini-game type stuff to entertain those who are too lazy to entertain themselves means people will be easily bored, especially if they don't manage to make friends, role-play or just talk to others playing the game. I've seen lots of moments where there would be as few as 8 floofs in The Grounds and almost all of them would be afk.

Of course I agree that the game needs to be advertised and would love to see more people play! It just seems to me like it'd be hard to get/keep peoples attention.

Official FH Trailers would be a great idea though! c:
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.