Author Topic: ~|:.Game Ideas!.:|~  (Read 2790 times)

x.D3AD-iNSiD3

~|:.Game Ideas!.:|~
« on: May 28, 2019, 12:49:25 pm »
I think this game should also have more mane styles, mane markings, and maybe some age difference. Like in character creation, you can have the option of the character making them as a pup, teen/adolescent, adult, and old same thing for felines except instead of pup it'd be called cub. Also, to add more than just 1 marking on each part of the character but instead, 3 at the most.

Oh and maybe some animations where you can pick up pups or cubs. Like for example in the game, if you want to pick up a pup/cub, you can go to the actions/emotes menu thing and in the actions there should be an animation of the character picking up the pup/cub of that person's character and have a notification saying: "This person wants to pick you up. Do you accept?" And then have a button saying, "Yes" or "No." Also, I think it would be nice to have some fighting animations too.

And maybe for the objects/meshes, maybe you could have them look a little more 3Dish and not so flat if you get my drift.
Also, maybe bring back a couple of the old maps like Fluorite Plains and the original Bonfire Island.

One more thing if it's possible, maybe have the characters have some fur outside of the character models but not too much of it. Other than that, I think that's all my recommendations. You don't have to take my advice, but I just think it would make the game much nicer.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 12:52:58 pm by x.D3AD-iNSiD3 »

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
Re: ~|:.Game Ideas!.:|~
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 01:44:55 pm »
These are some wonderful ideas! Many thanks for sharing them. :)

It'd be pretty neat if there were a couple of mane markings. Like if you want a colored streak/highlight on a part of the mane, it can be applicable. Though I don't know if these kind of markings would be in its own section as its own feature or something that will be a part of the head markings if you know what I mean.

I also like the thought of having the ability to add 2-3 more markings on each part of the model. It'll provide a wide amount of variety when creating a character and plus it'd be really fun and interesting to have. Or there can be more singular markings that have a diversity in shapes, sizes, and etc. (ex. stripes, big and small spots, and other all in one marking). I know there are possibly a couple of markings like this included in the default and legendary markings pack but it'd be rad to have more default versions of something like this for those who cannot install game modifications or those who don't want additional extensions. If 2-3 different markings on a part of a character is not possible, however, I suppose that's what presets are for.

As for the pup/cub and adolescent models, I think what we already have (being able to resize the models to our liking) is fine enough. I don't really see these age models being necessary. In addition, I feel as if it'd be more heavy work to create approximately 4 new models. No hard feelings. <3

Animations like picking up someone's pup/cub character is too complex, especially when the source code to the game is missing. So I'm pretty sure that's not executable, sadly. However, there are some game modifications on dA that include fighting animations.

Bringing back the old maps like Bonfire Island and Fluorite Plains have been talked about a lot. Unfortunately, I don't see them being implemented again anytime soon. All we can do right now is appreciate the lovely maps we have currently. If you would like to see the old maps again, here's a link to the topic where you can download and view them. c:

Again, no hard feelings on some of these and thank you for sharing such lovely ideas. It is much appreciated. <3
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 02:01:36 pm by Notorious. »

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 03:37:18 pm »
Animations like picking up someone's pup/cub character is too complex.
Could do Old School style with no animation, Just -pop- and you're being carried. That would still require the code part though. xD

But yeah, no source code makes a lot of additions very difficult if not impossible. Regardless, ideas whether they can/can't be done are worth being thought about! <3 :D
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

x.D3AD-iNSiD3

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 04:24:34 pm »
These are some wonderful ideas! Many thanks for sharing them. :)

You're very welcome. Glad I could give some ideas. If I have any more ideas, I'll be sure to post them. ^-^

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 06:52:44 pm »
I totally agree with a lot of what you are saying here!

More customization would be nice, and the customization you have listed here is very interesting! It would add a nice realistic twist to the game; especially all of the new animations. As for the markings, I would love to see more than 1 being able to be put on the model. It would create for a lot more unique looks but then again as Noto mentioned, presets are used for that same idea.

The thing is, with the objects and meshes I feel that FeralHeart has a certain limit on the objects and how they look so I am not sure what exactly they can do in improving the meshes and such. As for the old maps, I know the majority of floofs miss them and they were awesome. They were a big part of the older versions of FeralHeart but I am not sure on how the staff team feels on bringing them back or possibly even improving them and bringing them back. It's really up to them but I know personally I would love to see them again.

As for the fur on the models I am not quite sure what you mean considering there are fur tufts in the character creations menu. Perhaps you mean for more realism? Not quite sure.

These are some awesome ideas, honestly! Though, one thing I do want to just point out - the staff team do not have access to the source code so I am not positive that they can create some of what you are saying such as like the adult, adolescent, pup/cub models type thing. Regardless, thank you for sharing! <3
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 07:54:53 pm »
You have some really great ideas here, D3ad! I really enjoyed reading these and imagining them for myself. Sadly, as you've been informed, we do not have the source code to be able to do most of these things. However, it is important that we do think of things that could be added if we ever do obtain that code, alongside and most importantly what we can add now.

With the mesh idea having them less flat, it would be possible, however it would be very difficult to implement for every mesh and item. Taking for example how trees are made, as they are hollow inside but wrap around into a cylinder. With the help of a good texture, it looks like a decent 3D model. If the same was done with everything, I'm sure it would have a better 3D look to it. I haven't modeled much, if not at all, but going off of other meshes that I've seen, I know it can be done if someone was truly willing to put the work into it.

With the fur idea, that would be really neat to have. It can be done with a custom made item pack, but having it on the model proper, things would have to change. Fur would have to be created and rigged to the model itself, from what I know. The current animations would likely have to be redone, plus new animations for the fur itself. It's possible having to redo the current animations could be bypassed if the fur was created with care, though. I'm not entirely sure if we would need the source code to be able to do this, but, regardless it would be a big project. Once again, it would be really cool to have this if we had the proper resources.

I personally would love to see the old maps return, however, we have to take some things into consideration. Many of the old maps were huge, such as Fluorite, South Pole, Atlantis, and Last Cave. Some of those maps put a huge strain on the server, thus it would crash a lot, and cause many problems. Thank goodness we had Raz to fix them all lmao. The maps were considerably barren due to their size, and lacked the beautiful detail our new maps have today. Granted, the old look of all those maps are what made them so special, they still held many issues. Without those maps, we would not have gotten to where we are now. However, what we can do in the future, is incorporate small things from those maps here and there into new ones. Taking for example the big Z hill, L Island, or any other area you love, in a future map we could recreate those areas within a new biome/map. The same could be done with that cave atop the hill near Stone Bridge, or just taking that whole area itself and locating it into a new map. Many things can be done about bringing the old maps back. All it takes is planning and attention to detail. All in all, regardless of what we want, we need to decide what's best for the game, and personally I think doing those things that I mentioned could help. We'll see what other's think though~

For picking other players up, if we had the source code, I'm sure it could be done with a lot of hard work, and if enough players wanted it in the game. Weather we'll be able to implement it in the future, I'm not sure. It's a great idea to ponder though.

As for everything else you've mentioned, everyone has said pretty much what I would say. Thank you so much for sharing these ideas! They are very good. Do share more if you come up with any!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 07:59:33 pm by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 10:18:07 pm »
Many of the old maps were huge.
Some of those maps put a huge strain on the server, thus it would crash a lot, and cause many problems.
for example the big Z hill, L Island, or any other area you love,
Maybe new smaller maps of just those iconic areas but with more vegetation (flowers, trees, grass, rock, etc) so they don't feel barren could be tried? Hmm, I wonder how small though. o.o

The new maps are as big as the old maps, if not bigger. Take Bonfire Islands vs. Bonfire Island for example. I'm not sure the map size itself was causing the problems back then, at least not on its own. But the point about large maps feeling bare is a very good one, along with the fact that the local chat doesn't go very far, which can make it seem more empty too.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 11:30:32 pm »
Maybe new smaller maps of just those iconic areas but with more vegetation (flowers, trees, grass, rock, etc) so they don't feel barren could be tried? Hmm, I wonder how small though. o.o

Yup! That's what I'm suggesting, though not just making a map solely out of those areas. What I mean is, create a map with at least one or two of those iconic areas, as well as new areas around it. Essentially sprinkling in those memorable areas with new areas as well. Map size being relatively the same as the current ones, of course. There would be plenty of room to house one or two, then all new land mixed with it. Keeping with the theme of that area of course.

The new maps are as big as the old maps, if not bigger. Take Bonfire Islands vs. Bonfire Island for example. I'm not sure the map size itself was causing the problems back then, at least not on its own.

The new Bonfire is bigger than it's predecessor, yes. However, the ones I mentioned, such as Fluorite, South Pole, Atlantis and Last Cave were relatively large. Fluorite taking the cake on that one. The smaller maps like Sky's Rim, Ascension Island, Temple Of Dreams, and Bonfire, the newer maps do overlook them in size. Old Ficho kinda being the middle man, but still smaller than it's successor. Another reason the new maps could look bigger to some is due to the fact they have much more decoration than the older maps do. More planned out den-sites and detail added, thus more to look at and take in. Of course that's not the only reason they were removed, I was just naming one off.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 11:35:18 pm by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 01:28:56 am »
@Ame
Aye, that's true! Having more to look at indeed helps make it feel bigger, and more lively too. I also like your idea of having new maps that are relatively the same size as the current ones with popular old spots mixed in. I feel like having the old popular spots back around in some form might help with getting floofs interested in using the other maps more especially if groups and what they might do there are kept in mind when making the new areas, provided we don't just continue to sit in a single map like a lot of us have, myself included.

> (requires code)The ability to allow more than just a group leader to invite to a group without having to make a 'recruiter' account?
> Maybe do a map with ancient themed human stuff? Like an ancient style city? I've see a few floofs that like playing as humans even though there's only wolf and lion models. It's amazing what they can do with presets. xD
> Underwater scenery mixed into all the maps?
> Items & Masks made/re-made as part of a large default pack for the install? I like mods a lot, but also seen lots of floofs have a little troubles getting started because "everyone is a marshmellow." and "my textures don't work." on top of not being able to find the popular 'Legendary' mods easily since they're not officially posted anywhere anymore.

Just some ideas, I'm curious to know what others think. o.o

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 02:36:33 am »
> (requires code)The ability to allow more than just a group leader to invite to a group without having to make a 'recruiter' account?

Omg if this were possible to be executable, it'd be so much more easier to manage group kicks, invites, and etc rather than getting on a recruiter account. xD I would love that a lot!

> Items & Masks made/re-made as part of a large default pack for the install? I like mods a lot, but also seen lots of floofs have a little troubles getting started because "everyone is a marshmellow." and "my textures don't work." on top of not being able to find the popular 'Legendary' mods easily since they're not officially posted anywhere anymore.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that the Legendary markings/items modifications should be included in FH's default files? If so, it'd be really nice to implement something like this so no one has to go through any issues with seeing marshmallows and whatnot. I completely understand where you're getting at. However, I'm certain there will be complications to get permission from the original owner of the Legendary modifications in order to include it in the default FH pack. If I misread your point let me know, lol

Furthermore, I sometimes always see people share the link to the Legendary packs when an individual asks for them. If the user does not know how to get it to work, they are told to look up a tutorial on YT most of the time or create a topic on the Game Help board. Most of them manage to get it fully functioning afterwards too. In addition, people can find plenty of links to the modification if they search up "Feral Heart Legendary Markings 4.1" on Google or something along the lines of that.

Don't get me wrong, though. This is still an interesting idea!