Author Topic: my ideas  (Read 1463 times)

Offline epithelia

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
my ideas
« on: May 29, 2019, 04:53:18 pm »
hey there! just wanted to make this a better game (it already is)

1. adding the old feral heart soundtracks can be very cool, i have enjoyed listening to them :)
2. add an official feral heart map like the old ascension land (idr the name lol). if that could be possible in the new patch, it could make me very happy!
3. add pets that can walk, etc. that would be very cool, but it costs hard work
4. (group) if there was a recruitment map it would be very cool, because when i talk in the chat my message dissapears in a second
5. (group) if you could add a logo to your group, that would be cool
6. if you can add quests and npc, it would be very nice. if you do it, people who are bored in the grounds can have some fun

these were my ideas, coming back for more

<3

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
Re: my ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 05:56:09 pm »
Aye, the old music was nice to listen to.

Yes, I agree, the old parkour and floating island maps were a bit of fun too!

Pets that walk around with you would be pretty cool, but requires coding which can't be done for the game at the time. Still an interesting idea. c:

A recruitment map? How would this work? If it's how I think and it'd be a map where anyone recruiting or looking for a group would go, it sounds like the grounds. As for messages vanishing too quickly, there's movie clips (Though I usually have movie clips off, I still sometimes look at them.) and if you see someone you think might be interested, there's whisper or you could just walk up to them and say hello in local. This is just what I can think of for things to do when trying to recruit more people for a group at the time.

As for 5 and 6, they are like 3, and would require coding in order to be possible. Still very interesting ideas and I think Quests and NPCs would be a lot of fun to have.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline epithelia

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 08:19:44 pm »
Aye, the old music was nice to listen to.

Yes, I agree, the old parkour and floating island maps were a bit of fun too!

Pets that walk around with you would be pretty cool, but requires coding which can't be done for the game at the time. Still an interesting idea. c:

A recruitment map? How would this work? If it's how I think and it'd be a map where anyone recruiting or looking for a group would go, it sounds like the grounds. As for messages vanishing too quickly, there's movie clips (Though I usually have movie clips off, I still sometimes look at them.) and if you see someone you think might be interested, there's whisper or you could just walk up to them and say hello in local. This is just what I can think of for things to do when trying to recruit more people for a group at the time.

As for 5 and 6, they are like 3, and would require coding in order to be possible. Still very interesting ideas and I think Quests and NPCs would be a lot of fun to have.

most of them are impossible but it doesn't matter, this is still a great community. im proud of it.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 08:20:53 pm »
Love these ideas, Alone! However there are some issues as you know.

#1: As you've been informed, we cannot have the old music back into the game due to copyright. I too would love to see them make a comeback, but for now we don't expect to see them any time soon. For now though, you can go to the link AlphaEclipse had given you here so you can still listen to them as you play. =)

*3/5/6: As Vortex said, we would need the source code to be able to implement them into the game. However, pets would be very fun to have. I can just see so many players running around with them. As for images, it would be very cool to be able to have a logo tethered to your group. I personally would love that. For the quests, that would add a very interesting element to FeralHeart. I'm not too sure on how I feel about it, but it's definitely something to think about.

#2/4: I personally would love to see another Ascension Island make it's way into FeralHeart. Looking to Eastern Pass, it has a smallish platforming area in it, but definitely not as hard or complex as Ascension was. It would be very nice to see a map dedicated to platforming like Ascension was. I've always thought about making one of my own, themed with very tall trees and branches alike--to which when reaching the top, you're met with a beautiful view above a forest. Perhaps the forest/jungle you were just in whilst traveling to the stairway of trees. I have a couple ideas of how it could work, though. For a recruitment exclusive map, I personally don't think it's necessary. Currently as you know, The Grounds is generally the place where various members like to collect and chat about many things. Hang out, do whatever. Coupled with that, due to group leaders looking for the most populated areas for the best chance of getting their group out there, they will go to those areas, i.e. The Grounds, to advertise their groups in hopes of gaining new members. It's self sufficient. The Grounds is where players will hang out, generally if they have nothing to do or just want to socialize, and groups go there to advertise because of that cluster players. As Vortex said for himself, you can just turn your Movie Clips off so they don't get in your way. Very helpful when Movie spam is high.

Once again, great ideas Alone! Thank you for sharing them~
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 08:23:43 pm by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 07:37:04 am »
Yes, sadly, the code is not available for staff to use. But, I'd still like to say my thoughts on the ideas themselves.

Firstly, I think you'd like Impressive Title servers, as many of them have pets, quests, and NPCs with shops. Personally, it can get boring rather quickly to me, mostly without people to play it with. Feral-Heart is a more chat and roleplay based game where you make the story rather than follow one.

Next, there are item packs that add "buddy" animals. They don't really do anything, but they're kinda like a pet.

Lastly, I honestly didn't know the songs were copyrighted. >.> But it'd be awesome to see a remake of Sky's Rim with all the detail the map makers put into the new maps. Also, if you didn't know, there is a downloadable map pack to go to the old maps. I don't have the link on hand probably, but it's most likely rather easy to find.

Thank you for the suggestions. ^^
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 07:40:06 am by A.P.S. »

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 09:36:12 am »
With the existing code it is possible to make maps with very basic NPCs but they're .... just looped animations.  I know this because i've done it.  And when more than one person tried the same quest they'd take different paths & end up on "the same map" but in other timelines.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"