• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: Karma
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 11:19:56 am »
I'm going to make a couple of tutorials on how to do things on the Forum, Turning Karma off one of them. If anyone has anything they want me to do a Tutorial on, I'll be happy to oblige as long as I know how XD

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

kovu2296

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 11:40:28 am »
sounds good if there is one thing this community will be greatfull for is making tutorials hehe

Offline Tawny

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Wark!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 03:44:54 pm »
I'm totally with Kyugima here, it's a great way to let someone know you disagree with them strongly without sending some sort of long winded rant at them, it's sort of a way of letting your frustration out without causing a huge fuss.
Of course, targeting people and constantly biting them is wrong.

So I'd say it can stay, and if there's already an option to turn it on and off then that's ever better. xD

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 06:15:42 pm »
I have mixed feelings about it...
My feelings about my karma:
Having a positive karma for me shows that ppl see me as i am, and gives me a feeling of achivment that ppl think positivly about me.
Having a bad karma in the other hand doesnt disturb me. I dont have that feeling like above, and i just ignore it. these are the times when i dont care about karma, because i know im not a bad person.

My feelings about others karma:
I dont judge anyone by karma at all. I have to see it for myself if they really are bad or not. I have many friends who have negative karma and it doesnt bother me at all, because i know they arent bad.

And as for it having an option to remove it: meeeh. It wouldnt be fair i guess. If you think about it, there are and always will be "trolls" and they do deserve a bad karma... and if there is an option to turn it off... they will just troll and not get the bad karma they deserve.
Or if someone helped you greatly or something... you couldnt praise them for it... because their karma is off. While you desperately would want to give something.

As for biting and nuzzling:
I never bite anyone without a reason(and these have to be really good reasons). I have bitten 2 or 3 ppl so far because of their offensive replies/posts towards me. Though i do agree that targeting someone and biting them every day is wrong, i did bite a person 2 or 3 times because of their highly offensive comments about me...
However i do nuzzle without any reason. I just go on the forum and nuzzle a few ppl, even if i dont know them. I respect everyone and i want to show it this way. Even though you never know who nuzzled you. Plus if someone leaves a lovely comment, or stands on my side in an argument or am friends with... i like to nuzzle them daily XD

As some already have stated before me, biting can be a good "punishment" for those who do something wrong against you or their reply is offensive. Not that many care, but it calms you down a bit. Its really tiring to write 4-5 rows.. while you can just click one little word.

All in all: i voted no.

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 06:26:24 pm »
Maybe be so kind as to direct us to where the karma turn off button is at then? xD

I still stand with my opinion however. All it does is boost ego's. ;P
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Twiliac

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 09:34:09 pm »
I'm totally with Kyugima here, it's a great way to let someone know you disagree with them strongly without sending some sort of long winded rant at them, it's sort of a way of letting your frustration out without causing a huge fuss.
Of course, targeting people and constantly biting them is wrong.

So I'd say it can stay, and if there's already an option to turn it on and off then that's ever better. xD

^, This I must agree to. I went from ten karma to 0 in one day..I've no idea who targeting me. /Shrug.

Maybe be so kind as to direct us to where the karma turn off button is at then? xD

I still stand with my opinion however. All it does is boost ego's. ;P

Probably some where in account settings.

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 12:04:38 am »
I'd rather have it gone. I dont judge people on karma either but being targeted by someone is a bit annoying. And since you dont know who it is they can keep doing it. You may have ideas but you cant make accusations. Besides that we have people here who actually do judge people on Karma. I'd rather save some people (and myself) the trouble of being targeted and just get rid of it.

As Kahara said, all it does it boosts egos and prolly make some people think they've done something wrong. It bothers me that people would abuse Karma for petty reasons.

Like now. I had 6 karma thanks to Venku who dropped the bites for me. 6 Nuzzles and 11 bites he said. Now look at my count. Its zero. What does that say? Im being targeted by someone. -_- It didnt bother me much at first, but now it is bothering me.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 12:06:57 am by Tyki_Mikk »

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 06:36:51 pm »
^ I'm aware it's most likely in account settings, however despite my searching I'm unable to find it?

If I do find it, I'll kindly let you guys know exactly where. So far, no such luck.
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Offline DinWolfie

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 07:37:42 pm »
I want it to be removed, cause I get people smiting me all the time. >_<
It's pointless also.