Poll

Should we get rid of the karma option?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Karma  (Read 42884 times)

kovu2296

Re: Karma
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2011, 09:56:23 pm »
hehe same here i think someone has got it out for us brits huh lol this morning i had 5 karma now i has 2

Offline Robin_Wolfieh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Squawk?!
    • RobinCanisLupus
    • ask-stark-the-narkeen
    • View Profile
    • Imgur
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 10:23:27 pm »
...I'm...neutral at this.

-but at least people aren't abusing the "nuzzle" button. Or so I believe. I'm not too opinionated and often flexible with decisions, but I have a rebound when it comes to arguements or debates. I don't attack people with profanity (unless I'm driven beyond the edge, which is rare) but a series of smart remarks or phrases. I'm already sensing a series of bites upon me due to me being "slightly" off-topic, but that's how I feel. Neutral.

-though, the toggle option seems fair enough. Since I'm not on the forums (or the Internet) as frequently as I was promted to, I won't be tempted to click "nuzzle" or "bite" if someone makes a point. Not even some of the staff.

No offense.

Ayyy~

kovu2296

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2011, 10:39:30 pm »
if i find the turn of karma option do i get karma for it

Twiliac

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2011, 11:21:58 pm »
No.

kovu2296

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2011, 08:16:39 am »
ok then ...can i has cookie then cookiez are better than karma and have the crunchy nom factor

12dollars

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 09:07:08 am »
I dont mind it on, and it wouldn't be the end of the world if it was off. I do like the on/off idea that someone mentioned, as it would be a great alternative for both sides.

EchoSwiftpaws

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 04:33:41 pm »
I voted no. Here's why:

About positive karma- I like being able to know that people appreciate my actions here on the FH forums.
It's actually very good motivation for me to spend time on here and get to know my friends on FH a bit better than I would otherwise.

About negative karma- I haven't actually encountered anyone I really wanted to use the bite option on so far. So, I take this as a sign that FH is overall a very friendly forum community. Sure, people get annoying once in a while, but I don't actually take that as a reason to bite. Of course, if they've been repeatedly asked to stop insulting me and refuse to stop being offensive, I would probably use the bite option once to hopefully get the message across.

It's just much easier to click a link than to post a novel about how much you like or dislike what someone has done. That's why I don't think the karma option should be removed.

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 11:04:41 pm »
If there was a karma option I'd have mine off by now. There isnt a karma option yet.

Now I think it should be optional. Ive changed my opinion, since we have a lot of people here who'd rather keep karma. But I still think that people abuse the bite button for stupid reasons. While it is fine to give a person a bite because you dont agree, or give a person a nuzzle because you do agree, its pure stupidity to just senselessly bite someone because you can.

Opt-out/opt- in Karma button please. Im tired of being targeted.

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 11:09:37 pm »
^ Yeah, I also checked with Rak$ha, there isn't one. +Karma's Tyki
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Tyki Mikk