Author Topic: Imagine Proving a Point  (Read 19773 times)

Laarikin

Imagine Proving a Point
« on: July 21, 2020, 05:08:02 pm »
Three threads were created, in which all of them were "taken care of" by either staff or Raz. Honestly I don't really care who did it, but by hiding/deleting threads about concerns about the game and the community, you're simply proving our point about unnecessary censorship.

First there was https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=68702.0, talking about how the hotlines were taken down simply because they were posted by a "rival" of the game. That thread was locked, though I suppose I could understand why as some posts were aggressive, including one of mine. Which I apologize for, however I feel the aggression from many users is justified. Due to the staff essentially threatening to reveal personal information of members of the community, as well as removing several people who either did nothing, or literally did nothing. People who hadn't even logged into the forums were forcibly removed from the community that day, and staff still have yet to either apologize for the action taken against these users, and/or let these people back into the community (at least to my knowledge).

Then there was "Wow..." : https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=68721.0, which is no longer active. I believe all of the posts here were very tame and non-aggressive as people voiced their concerns about the situation as well as the actions of the staff. I did not notice any obvious aggression from anybody giving critique and/or tips to the staff here. Anyway, I'm just saying, this thread came out fairly passive and was still removed. Further proving the point of concerns listed anyway. It has come to my attention that this thread was hidden/deleted due to the discussion of the forced removal of users. In which I apologize as it is a rule, however, I do not necessarily agree with this rule, given the circumstances. Reasoning being that unjust removal of users should be brought to light. Yes, I understand why the rule exists, but in the case of this situation, I feel it should be overlooked simply because of what has happened concerning this topic.

Last but not least, "Privacy Policy Concerns" : https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=68722.0, this link is also now dead. The original poster had posted this because they were genuinely concerned about what happened in "Let's Talk about Censorship" (the first link), mainly concerning the threat of personal info of two of the community members from staff as doing this would seem to be against the privacy policy. However, upon reading the entirety of the privacy policy, https://feral-heart.com/terms/ it does not state anything about redistributing member information, outside of emails. However, the threat or action of revealing another's personal information is actually illegal. Making this thread very much valid. I will not say that the staff in question did straight up reveal information on the users, however the way the information was provided publicly, backed by claims of the user posing as multiple people via multi-accounting (which isn't against the rules to begin with, last time I understood), it appeared and presented itself with malicious intent, and/or as a threat by the specified staff member.

Of course I could be wrong, I am not that person nor do I know what they were thinking outside of proving a point when they posted the blocked out content. However, that does not make the actions taken, justified or right. As they still haven't bothered to edit out the contents of the post, or even delete the reply as a whole, and as stated previously, appears malicious. On top of this happening, no other staff member has even bothered to point out that this specifics staffer's actions are wrong and/or justified. They simply danced around the questions and topics, having yet to let the people who received unfair and unjust punishment back into the community, along with apologizing for the way things were handled.

On top of the actions taken, the staff (or any members of the higher-ups) continue to damper out people's concerns by deleting or hiding threads containing such concerns. Which only further proves the point and reasoning of the original concerns posted.

I'm sure everyone is sick of seeing these threads popping up and then disappearing, but this is actually a serious issue and puts the community in a place in which they're no longer safe. Take the information provided as you will (I have more links to things, but they have been posted multiple times and were deleted), but I believe this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed not only by the community but by the staff and their "leader". The staff cannot back out of the pit that was dug, however that does not mean it's impossible to right the wrongs or at least try to improve, using the past actions seen as wrongs to better the way things are handled and managed.

Firstly, I think starting by allowing removed users that were removed days ago would be a fantastic start. As none of the rules (to my knowledge) were truly broken. Secondly, I think sending an apology for such events and the way things were handled would be another great thing to see, as well as a private apology for the two users who's information was threatened on a public thread. Punishment for actions taken, I myself do believe because of the action taken inside that one thread are punishable. Things like this should not be taken lightly, especially within your staff team, this is a serious issue. If one of your staff members is threatening to give off personal information on users to "prove a point" then they should be removed from the staff team, as that is not right or justifiable in one bit. Of course, this is just what I believe and feel on the matters at hand. Take them as you will, but these are just a few things I think could be done to start improving the staff team and management of the site and/or game.

I apologize for the passive aggressive title as well, but I am genuinely frustrated with the actions staff have taken against members of the community. It would be different if rules were broken, however this is not the case and I think such things should be known by both the community and the staff, and I also believe the information should remain available. I do truly believe things can be improved for both the game and the way things are managed, however that requires the willingness to take feedback more seriously and the willingness to change the foundation you've previously built. Times are changing and actions speak louder than most words I think it's time Feral-Heart changed too.

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk, have a wonderful day!

Also to all who may or may not respond to this post, DO NOT attack staff or generally anybody, nobody deserves this as everyone has an opinion that may differ from your own, in which case you should respect that even given the circumstances and situation at hand. Attacking people or threatening them solves absolutely nothing, so please if you wish to voice your opinion, do so civilly.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 06:14:59 pm by Laarikin »

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine Proving a Point
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 05:33:53 pm »
I appreciate your efforts, but nothing will change. Change has been asked for - for a very long time - and won't happen.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 06:31:02 pm »
-

You are amazing <3

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 06:46:21 pm »
-
There many thing Has happened when you weren't online, Bloo… Well, links to posts are above (I say posts, cuz these removed could be just hidden).

For Lark - unforumantely I agree. I could understand a little blocking censorship thread but hiding/removing needed discussions? Really? I'm sad and confused. Anyone delated these threads, it was bad step. Very bad. As someone said already (I don't remember who, so sorry) as staff would be muting community, as community will scream louder.

I'm not attacing staff here. But I just wanna know - why are you doing this? Banning FHU staff. Now delating these threads. At begeinning I defented staff, but… with these steps i'm really not sure what is right for now.
On new account Aiiokia

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 07:39:41 pm »
You shouldn't claim to know things you don't and state them as if they are fact. That's all I have to say about this thread.

You are amazing <3

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 07:49:43 pm »
As Laarikin said, there are links that have been posted multiple times and deleted before.
But I would like to drop them in again for everyone to see, including Bloo. who has missed out on this information.

Here's the video: 2020 FH AMV: Sweet Caroline
Here's the Google Doc, which is updated every time we have more information: EVERYONE GOT BEANED OMEGALUL (Please read this document to it's entirety. I know it's a lot but we have a lot of valuable information, including stuff about the admins actions outside of this specific situation. Thanks!)

It's been said before my many people over and over again but I'd like to restate it also.
We are not here to attack. We do not hate Feral Heart nor the staff.
We want to be heard and action to be taken. We want positive change.

GayGuppy

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 08:03:09 pm »
As Laarikin said, there are links that have been posted multiple times and deleted before.
But I would like to drop them in again for everyone to see, including Bloo. who has missed out on this information.

Here's the video: 2020 FH AMV: Sweet Caroline
Here's the Google Doc, which is updated every time we have more information: EVERYONE GOT BEANED OMEGALUL (Please read this document to it's entirety. I know it's a lot but we have a lot of valuable information, including stuff about the admins actions outside of this specific situation. Thanks!)

It's been said before my many people over and over again but I'd like to restate it also.
We are not here to attack. We do not hate Feral Heart nor the staff.
We want to be heard and action to be taken. We want positive change.

Adding on to this statement, the reason why the titles are the way they are is because you wont take us seriously. Therefore, the golden rule applies.

I will delete the video if all of our bans are taken off the record and undone, the community will get an apology, and Birdie and her friend get private apologies. I don't care if they are genuine or not.

Thank you.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 08:06:07 pm »
Nobody likes ultimatums do they?

You are amazing <3

wolfdog01

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 08:06:38 pm »
Maybe Raz will toss a bone our way at some point to clear the air. He could freeze the site again like he did a while back ago with his screenshot post. Just to at least stop all these new threads being created and deleted and created again, so he can explain why or something. Who knows tho.
Thank you Laarikin for keeping your post calm/civil, was able to read through it without getting fired up lol.

Offline Garfield.

• ✨Magical chihuahua✨
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • hello, it's mac
    • channel/UClsDv82N2aher_4BWUy8KPQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 08:08:53 pm »
I'm concerned about the future but let's see what happens. Hope everyone can resolve their differences and rivalries ❤️