Author Topic: It's time to stop  (Read 19667 times)

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: It's time to stop
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2020, 04:09:45 am »
Not to sound rude or anything, but can you change the text color? It's really hard on the eyes

Nah you're not sounding rude at all. I had someone else actually tell me the same thing. Is it the white or the purple that was bugging you? I changed it from purple to white cause bf said it was too dark.

Ah the white is too bright on a dark background, just hurts the eyes a bit maybe try teal or something? Or maybe just default perhaps

There ya go! ^^

Appreciate the civil response, but I do have a few points of concern. If we're all from the same game, and we all come from the same place, then why are FHU staff, or people associating with FHU in general, no longer able to share their concerns/issues they're having here? Especially if they faced unjust situations? I understand that many people are uncomfortable with the level of ire people are reaching right now. I get that people don't like drama. But people are upset. People are losing their patience. A lot of community members just want accountability.

Like you said, we're linked. One game originated from the other. And so I believe people have the right to address an issue, regardless of which game they're leaning more towards. Staff member or not.

Not to mention, the problem started here. It originated on this site. A problem popped up with an FHU staff member. It escalated to include more developers- some just by ASSOCIATION, ie they got roped into it without even being directly involved. It snowballed and snowballed to the point of people getting more and more upset, and wanting answers. They deserve those answers. We deserve those answers!

However, like you said, it definitely shouldn't escalate to the point of sending people anonymous malice. Regardless of any errors, no one needs to be sent threats and hatred. But it also shouldn't escalate to point of silencing others either.

Either way, thank you for speaking out, and hopefully further discussion will develop.

Big reason why I made this post as well, sorry if I didn't make it clear enough aheh. I'm not the best at talking. But yes, FHU people should have a say, in a way, over here as well. However coming over here and posting completely immature responses wasn't the best from them either. But they shouldn't push the matter either. But they should not have been banned. At all. Or silenced.

I'm really glad you said this, Az. It's really nice to have someone speak on behalf of both sides because sometimes it can be very one-sided. It's very nice to see someone else who wants the whole thing to stop and that we can set our differences aside. We shouldn't end the year with everything chaotic. We have events coming up, many fun ideas and they are made to keep the game alive. We should be celebrating, especially with our 10 year(I believe?) anniversary coming up. :) Thank you for this post bc someone had to do it honestly and it's a really brave thing that you did. Much respect.
Yes, we shouldn't. We all should celebrate the fact that FH has been around for a heckin decade oh my god I'm old.

Offline StarWarsWolf7

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2020, 04:25:49 am »
I'm glad there's want for positivity. I'm glad there's a want for more peaceful times. But this doesn't appear to be something that can just be "brushed to the side." At least, not from what I'm seeing. Nor have I really seen any immature responses- the larger thread today had some passive aggressiveness, but nothing really immature, in my opinion.

People are going to say things I don't agree with. People are going to take more aggressive, assertive routes than I would. But that doesn't make the points any less valid.

And I'm sorry- I mean no disrespect on your post here! But people are definitely upset for a reason. Their anger is justifiable. Many of my friends have been locked out. Posts are now being censored/held for review. Threads are being locked and/or deleted. Or at least, privatized.

I too, would love peace. I too, would love to enjoy happy times. But so would everyone else. They're continuing to "start drama" because their cries are going unanswered. And I just want to make sure everyone is aware of that. Like I said on earlier posts, people need to be transparent. People need to openly discuss points. Continuing to dismiss it or brush it away will only lead to further upset.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2020, 06:22:43 am »
As much as I appreciate this, this doesn't solve any of the problems that have been brought to the table. Problems that have long needed resolving and, yet again are trying to be ignored by people.
I at least hope things can change in the future. I've said that countless times and have been disappointed Every time, but let me put it out there and see what happens.

Things like this always seem to occur. The of the fire is lessened, but the flames (the problem) remains. Its seems many fires have been lit for years because these problems are shrugged off or "not a priority" when they should be. A real shame that its been that way for a long time.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 06:25:24 am by Scallywag »

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2020, 06:57:49 am »
Actually every side has dom mistakes. Az, you said exactly this what is screaming in my head. I'm not gonna be dramatic, but today I couldn't sleep. Still checking forum and Discord. As I said once, everyone has roles here. But if one thing doesn't work well, whole system breaks.

But also agree with Scally.
On new account Aiiokia

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2020, 07:21:41 am »
I just want to point out that Sura never shared anyone's IP.
RETIRED.

Offline LaughingWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
  • Bumpy snow
    • JaceLaughingWolf.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2020, 11:09:54 am »
Y'all need to stop looking at this as one side versus another.

It is pure and simple, a staff issue that needs to be addressed. It's not staff vs staff. This issue is not about FHU even if the staff, creators and dev team were targeted.  This is about the why, not the who.

I don't care about who, other than knowing not one of them broke rules hard enough to be removed without a reason given or an end date to their eviction listed.

Again, it's about the why. Why were all these people removed from the community without due cause? Why would a staff member even agree that it was ok to do certain things without even discussing it with the people affected? Why would they target their community members at all? Why would they make it so people are scared to even read these posts for fear of eviction for just reading a post.

Tell us why.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 11:13:53 am by LaughingWolf »

wolfdog01

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2020, 11:23:42 am »
Yeah it wasn't abot FHU until you mentioned, Jace, how our numbers are dwindling and ya'lls numbers are growing because of it. There was a whole section on that part. Then people who commented below you using "IStandWithFHU.

There coud be things going on with the staff side that maybe we don't know about. To me, looking in from an outsiders prospective, this looks very one sided. Yes Sura may have snapped in the first thread but an answer was given about why that hotline thread was deleted. For everything else, it's a matter of waiting and seeing what they do.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 12:15:50 pm by wolfdog01 »

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2020, 12:33:32 pm »
There's always "something going on that we don't know about." when it comes to FH's future. Yes, that is down to Raz in terms of updates. However, the actions of Staff members these past few days has made people question FH's future in terms of is this game going to make it for years longer? With <100 members online daily, little to no transparency, passive aggressiveness and unprofessional ism from the Staff team from many angles of different situations.
It's a shame that just because people want to be positive (and I'm sure the ones bringing up their concerns want to as well) they feel the need to just shrug off some of the wrongful behaviour coming from the Staff. Sure, they were provoked, but it has already been stated in a previous thread that if people on the Staff team cannot keep their cool when they're receiving the backend of someone else's (be it a colleague or Razmirz himself) actions, they need to rethink their position very carefully, or rethink how they approach instances like this and cope when concerned members of the community are trying to really enforce the fact that multiple issues are just being shrugged off and it's dangerous for them to be done so.
These issues aren't just recent either, some of them have lasted a very long time. Now people who just want the game to better itself are being punished unnecessarily. There is no effort to properly communicate to us. But when we do get answers, we get one Staff saying one thing, another Staff saying another. How are we supposed to go forward if the Team cannot even make their mind up to begin with?

Not one answer was given about the Helpline thread, but two. Both very much opposites. So I ask... how is this reaction not expected? Both answers came from both Administrators, which became clear they'd not concluded the situation before replying. One would rather just snap and point fingers then explain they'll remake it, then the other turned around and said they won't be remaking it. Which one is it and why? The answer should have been final the first time.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 12:35:48 pm by Scallywag »

wolfdog01

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2020, 12:56:53 pm »
I personally didn't think FH would last as long as it has, but here we are lol. I'll stand by it until the end for the most part and I'll probably stay out of anymore of these kinds of threads until the staff has something to say on it. Give them a breather to respond, whether they deleted those threads or Raz did, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. If they decide to step down because all of this is overwhelming, who will step up after witnessing all this? Idk, just thinking all this got blown out of proportion, so I'll be doing another good ol' fashioned yeet before my emotions get the better of me like I've been doing lol. Say as much of my peace as I can before I get upset....and it kinda feels like we are going in circles at this point lol. Kinda tired of it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 01:39:41 pm by wolfdog01 »

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2020, 01:17:44 pm »
As will a lot of people. Just because people are concerned, doesn't mean their loyalty to the game should be questioned, or their presence here be misinterpreted to "harass the FH staff" when truthfully speaking all I've seen is Staff taking things way too personally and, like you said, blowing it out of proportion.
The Staff have had plenty of breathing space with numerous people talking on their behalf without actually knowing what the Staff are genuinely thinking. Now it's time they come together at some point over the coming days and conclude as a team to respond to the community as a whole. Not a cluster of individuals responding without knowing what their fellow colleagues believe is to be the right answer.
Take care of yourself.