Author Topic: We Need Leadership  (Read 16908 times)

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: We Need Leadership
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2021, 04:07:23 pm »
There is absolutely no concrete evidence to back these claims of "unfair" punishment. It is all word of mouth that originated from the ones who were punished for things they did do.

Put away your unequal scales people.

There is, but ok?
I feel like this is rather directed @ me for bringing it up in the first place.
Just know there is always a reason behind the points I make and none of them have malicious intent or have a means of embarrassing or falsely shaming anyone for the mistakes made. I simply point them out as a way of saying 'this is something we don't want to see repeated, so let's acknowledge it and move forward.'

What's the moderation's team priority as of now? Is management being looked into, and are there enough material to be presented to the community in a newsletter? (regarding leadership, intentions, plans, etc.)?

Apologies for the slow reply on this!

Priority and management: Right now we need to adjust after loosing so many amazing staffers. There are some steps we need need to take in order to confront our current team issue with it being so small, as well as we need to resolve our admin issue and work things out that come with it. The decision on who will be appointed as the new administrator is completely up to Raz, and we are still waiting on his word. It's a decision that really shouldn't be rushed, and I greatly appreciate everyone's patients on this. Thank you all very much.

Newsletter: We have definitely discussed this, however there isn't enough content in order to make one as of right now. Perhaps maybe later this season or early summer maybe we'll have enough to present one~

Thank you for updating us on this. Understandably, everything would have taken a very slow turn for working on updates the game & forum as well as tasks by other means.
I look forward to meeting the new admins and any new additions to the staff team!

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2021, 08:44:20 pm »
There is absolutely no concrete evidence to back these claims of "unfair" punishment. It is all word of mouth that originated from the ones who were punished for things they did do.

Put away your unequal scales people.

There is, but ok?
I feel like this is rather directed @ me for bringing it up in the first place.
Just know there is always a reason behind the points I make and none of them have malicious intent or have a means of embarrassing or falsely shaming anyone for the mistakes made. I simply point them out as a way of saying 'this is something we don't want to see repeated, so let's acknowledge it and move forward.'

Sometimes it seems a bit much especially when multiple people are mentioning the same thing over and over even after it has been addressed several times. It feels sort of like how a teacher punishes a student by making them write "I will not _____." over and over and over.

I will admit that publicly posting evidence of wrongdoing seems extreme, but I do feel that there was wrongdoing or mistakes from people on both sides of the situation. And I doubt that the current staff are interested in creating another situation like before.

Both sides should learn from it, not just one. And it is unnecessary to bring it up over and over and over unless the same thing keeps happening over and over and over.

I don't feel that it is necessary at the moment especially when there was already accountability for it and none of the current staff have committed wrongdoing. And even if there is staff wrongdoing in the future, it could definitely be handled in a more respectful and less destructive way.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 10:49:37 pm by DylanCheetah »

delores

« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2021, 10:40:46 pm »
I'm not old to the IT or FH community, but I wanted to say SpicyDirt, Kerriki, and Ame seem to be doing their jobs quite while. SpicyDirt especially seems passionate about this community. I don't know what Bloo is doing, so I can't say with as much confidence 'they also excel at moderating' if what I see of them is more limited. Razmirz logging in infrequently is a red flag of irresponsibility, though. Also, I find it mildly suspicious that there are ZERO global moderators. No need for them currently or something? Also, there's no mention of LordSuragaha in that post listing moderators, and Lord also hasn't logged in for 4 months. I wonder what's going on with not listing them and them not logging on for 4 months with no goodbye post. (Not necessarily asking for details into LordSuragaha's personal affairs, just curious if they stealthily quit administrating Kovu-style.)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 10:51:10 pm by delores »

Ironic

« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2021, 11:40:42 pm »
I'm not old to the IT or FH community, but I wanted to say SpicyDirt, Kerriki, and Ame seem to be doing their jobs quite while. SpicyDirt especially seems passionate about this community. I don't know what Bloo is doing, so I can't say with as much confidence 'they also excel at moderating' if what I see of them is more limited. Razmirz logging in infrequently is a red flag of irresponsibility, though. Also, I find it mildly suspicious that there are ZERO global moderators. No need for them currently or something? Also, there's no mention of LordSuragaha in that post listing moderators, and Lord also hasn't logged in for 4 months. I wonder what's going on with not listing them and them not logging on for 4 months with no goodbye post. (Not necessarily asking for details into LordSuragaha's personal affairs, just curious if they stealthily quit administrating Kovu-style.)
LordSura has left the team. Only Raz can elect new staff members.

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2021, 12:56:27 am »

As Ironic said, Sura is retired. As for Raz, he isn't irresponsible. He has to work to pay his bills (and the cost of running FH). As for lack of "Global Moderators", it takes time to hire new staff and train them. Also, it could be that Raz intends to restructure the staff.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 12:58:09 am by DylanCheetah »

SpicyDirt

« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2021, 02:05:21 am »

Just wanted to add in - Raz does log into the forum quite often he just keeps himself hidden. :) Users can do that (somehow - don't personally know how to). Also thank you for the kind words <3