Author Topic: Urgent Map Help  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Zisa

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Urgent Map Help
« on: June 15, 2013, 12:34:43 am »
Alright, so I've attempted to create a zombie map (Which turned out wonderfully.) and edited a few textures, which could easily be sent over-- but when I exported it, a group of files didn't export and "Could not be found". That didn't make much sense to me. Also, nothing from the fho files it exported actually worked. It was a pretty blank area to my friends, which isn't what we want. Could someone please help me?

NOTE: They put it in exports, so it wasn't a placement problem with that.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Urgent Map Help
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 12:48:03 am »
Hmm...
First, I would recommend going into Map Maker and saving your map in another name. (If it was ZombieMap, make it Zombie.Map, or something like that).
Then, export the new, duplicated map, and see if that helps.

If this doesn't work, write down a list of the FHO files that were exported.
When you've done this, go to FeralHeart>>Media>>Objects, and copy+paste the files you had written down into your Exports folder. Click yes if it asks to replace.
This will be a kind of manual export of your map's FHO files, and may help resolve the issue. Re-send the map files and the newly exported FHO files to a friend, and have them test it.

If it still doesn't work for you, it's possible that you have too many objects placed into your FHO files. If this has happened, I suggest using Object Maker to create new FHO files, and move some of the objects from your map into these. You may have to replace some of these objects in your map, but I've seen this happen several times before.
If this is the issue, make sure you aren't going over about 25 items per FHO/Object file.

I hope some of these help ya
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||