Author Topic: Thoughts on reviving old forum posts right now (September 2022)  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Kingservant

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Ascension Island Trail Guide™
    • View Profile
Thoughts on reviving old forum posts right now (September 2022)
« on: September 25, 2022, 06:05:14 pm »
Hey all,

I was wondering what people think of necro-ing old posts on the FeralHeart forums right now.  Normally it's a bad practice, but considering that a lot of boards haven't had a new topic or reply in a long time (and therefore there's nothing to bump to the bottom by necro-ing a months-old post), do you think it's all right to revive an old conversation in a board with nothing new happening?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 04:10:37 pm by Kingservant »
"My King is a sovereign King. No means of measure can define His limitless love. He’s enduringly strong. He’s entirely sincere. He’s eternally steadfast. He’s impartially merciful. He's God's Son. That's my King. I wonder, do you know Him?"

-- Dr. S. M. Lockridge

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on reviving old forum posts right now (September 2022)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 02:59:13 am »
Honestly I'm not too sure. It's looked down on as it's one of the forum rules, but seeing how the forum isnt as popular as it once was I don't think it's too bad. A mod would probably give a better answer.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 09:36:17 pm »
Necroing is perfectly okay so long as what you post is relevant to the topic at hand, really.

For further information regarding necroing, here's a link to a post all about it: Linkie

If you have any further questions, lemme know!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Kingservant

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Ascension Island Trail Guide™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 09:52:59 pm »
Thanks for the advice, Morqque, and thank you Ame especially for the link to the necro help thread!  That was well-written and very helpful, not just for this forum but for online etiquette in general.  'Preciate it!
"My King is a sovereign King. No means of measure can define His limitless love. He’s enduringly strong. He’s entirely sincere. He’s eternally steadfast. He’s impartially merciful. He's God's Son. That's my King. I wonder, do you know Him?"

-- Dr. S. M. Lockridge

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 02:26:49 pm »
Hey all,

I was wondering what people think of necro-ing old posts on the FeralHeart forums right now.  Normally it's a bad practice, but considering that a lot of boards haven't had a new topic or reply in a long time (and therefore there's nothing to bump to the bottom by necro-ing a months-old post), do you think it's all right to revive an old conversation in a board with nothing new happening?

Nice idea. It would certainly boost forum activity abd might help get people interested in posting again.