Author Topic: 2017 Years End Update Thread  (Read 18630 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
2017 Years End Update Thread
« on: December 20, 2017, 05:01:25 am »
Feral Heart 2017 Year Review

As another floofy fun year comes to a close we find ourselves looking back at everything that happened so here's a nice little recap of the year 2017 on Feral Heart! :)

Board & Site Changes

Some of the notable additions and changes:

- With the help of some staff & community translators we now have additional translations of the Official Game Rules.
- The Big Help thread HERE had some minor revising due to some information no longer being relevant.
- Due to confusion and the frequency of questions regarding thread necroing we now have a small guide explaining proper thread etiquette HERE in the Rules and Official Information board.
- We have brought back the use of the old Forum Polls board with the introduction of two recent community feedback polls:

Anonymous Feral Heart Staff Evaluation Survey 2017 HERE
Anonymous FH Community Suggestions Survey for Potential (MIT) Mods in TrainingHERE

Game Changes

The W.I.P Feral Heart Community Patch

Earlier in the year we turned to you, the community, to help us with the upcoming FH Community Patch. There were many talented and enthusiastic content creators who came forward. After several long review sessions the staff team finally selected two community members to partake in the exciting map making part of the project and they were:

Lady_Alizarin HERE
LaughingWolf HERE

While the game itself has not yet received a patch since the last Community 1.15 patch both Lady_Alizarin, LaughingWolf, and a few others have been hard at work at the next upcoming surprise. With that being said we'd like to offer you a tiny glimpse at just a little bit of what's in store for the near future ;)

Events & kewl sturf

We've managed to have quite a few successful movie nights with the community over the last couple of months. It's always great to kick back and enjoy a film with the community, especially when we get to introduce the favorite pass time to newer players in the community. If you're interested in more information about this or just want to know when next movie night is going to be, keep your eyes open on this thread here.

For many years now we've been gathering at Redlinelie's classic Feral Heart Cinema map but this year one of our lovely devoted community members Bawfle made a beautiful re-envisioning of the old cinema map for public use. Feel free to check it out and give her a shout out for her amazing work! HERE

Let's have a whole-hearted congratulations to all our 2017 Members of the Season These folks were voted by the community to be the most deserving of the MOTS title, and we can't help but agree! Each of them have fabulous attitudes, and we hope they'll continue to spend time bringing their bright smiles and positive attitudes to the FH community. Congratulations as well to all the current Winter Winners!

Spring 2017

Summer 2017

Autumn 2017

Winter 2017

This year May 20th-21st we managed to celebrate the Official Roleplay Day, however we added a little twist this year by making it a two day event. Day one of the event was dedicated to all feline roleplay and it ended with a group roar at Kiwimbi Beach. Day two of the event was dedicated to all canine roleplay and it ended with a group howl in Cherika Valley. Overall everyone had a great time and we thank you all for participating in the imaginative fun!

Due to a noticeable reduction in interest for the preset contest in 2016 we made the decision to put the contest on hiatus. We decided that in place of this old contest that we'd explore the possibility of introducing new contests for community to enjoy. We do miss this classic contest but for now hope that the community will enthusiastically embrace some new contest concepts. The preset contest was often limited to those who had preset making skills and knew how to work with various art programs, by introducing new contests we hope to give more of the player base a chance at entering and winning contests better fitted to their individual talents. We want to give everyone a chance at contest fun and we want to keep things feeling fresh! So until further notice the preset contest is on hiatus.

Speaking of introducing new contests this year for the first time ever we introduced the Feral Heart Fan Fiction Contest. For the first theme we decided upon asking users to come up with some tales about Halloween traditions/culture that could have shaped Feral Heart lore (from legends, myths, traditions, or well-known piece of knowledge). The contest was received well by the community and there was a number of submissions. The tales written were truly fun and imaginative and entertaining for all to read. Of all the wonderful submissions our winners were:

Fanfiction Contest Winners
And the winners are...

First Place: Jango_Fett, at 84.5%
2nd Place: Enoki, at 83.8%
3rd Place: Kastilla, at 83.5%

WE DID IT!

As a community effort we finally reached 10,000 in the count to 10,000 game thread HERE The game thread was started by Rak$ha in 2010 and we finally reached 10,000 on March 7, 2017! Wheewwww congrats everyone who participated!

10,000!!!

All the Feral Heart 2017 Party Events
Thanks to everyone who joined in all the fun this year from the steamy hot Summer Party, to our spooky Halloween Party, and finally our chilly but cozy Winter Holiday Party! We are so happy to have spent another fun floofy and feral year with you all!

Final Note

As with every year 2017 saw numerous changes among the staff team both exciting and some saddening.

Retired Staff:
Global Moderator Shallow
Moderator PrettyReckless

Gained Staff:
Moderator Kynvuu
Moderator Morgra

Morgra and Kynvuu were added as moderators in the Feral-Heart Art Group on DeviantArt

To all those staff who have left we want to take a moment to thank you for all for the love and devotion you gave our community. Each of you brought your own unique spark to the team and it is thanks to your efforts the Feral Heart staff team and community continues to grow, evolve, and survive against the odds. It takes a very special individual to do what you've all accomplished here. It's no easy task juggling the chores of daily life but still finding the time out of your busy lives to lend yourselves fully and voluntarily to help the community. So thank you... <3

Bun Baby

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: 2017 Years End Update Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 05:03:49 am »
2017 was sure a great and busy year for FH c: Thanks for the update Sura!
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 05:12:00 am »
IS THAT SNOW I SEE!?!?!? I THINK IT'S SNOOOOOOWWWW!!! YELLLLLSSSSSS!!!

Ok now that I've calmed down. Yes, 2017 was a wonderful and fun year, and I hope all the coming years are just as wonderful!

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 06:17:26 am »
Oh my GOD IS THAT A WINTER MAP
-BARBARIC SCREAMING-
This year is definitely amazing. I missed most of the events but i hope i'll be there for next year </3 Going on strong! To the future and forward, it is. I'm really excited for what the next version has to offer us.
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 06:25:57 am »
Such an eventful year! Let's hope that 2018 is just as exciting!!

in-game: hooli

Offline RecklessHoodie

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Ignore alien orders
    • recklesshoodie
    • bitwayward
    • recklesshoodie
    • View Profile
    • bitwayward
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 07:18:45 am »
Whoo! I'm very excited to see what's to come for the community!

That winter map preview looks promising!

Signature © peachano3o
Deviantart Tumblr
My Presets

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 07:19:46 am »
So many awesome memories and events from this year. Looking forward to what the next year has in store! Thanks for the update, Sura! :D
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Erranti

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 09:45:49 am »
So many things happened here! Thanks for the update

Offline Michen_S

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • michensneeuwhart
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 10:03:16 am »
A snow map? Sweet, I've been wanting one of those since I joined!

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 10:23:16 am »
What an exciting year this has been! We have undergone a lot of change, and change is good. I hope that 2018 will be just as invigorating or even more so! Thank ye to all the staff and m’friends that really make this game worth being apart of.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧