Author Topic: Crashing issue in certain maps? (HELP)  (Read 1640 times)

Offline EARec

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Icon by me /Symbiosis /cobrawl
    • https://www.deviantart.com/storm
    • View Profile
Crashing issue in certain maps? (HELP)
« on: June 12, 2019, 05:36:49 am »
I recently re-downloaded the game, but I've been having this issue for awhile. Whenever I try to enter Eastern Pass or Seaside Grove, my game just freezes and closes out the game. The only way I can enter the maps is if I reboot my game (again) and it MAYBE lets me into the map. Any idea as to why this keeps happening to me? I've had this issue for a long time, I even checked to see if there were extra particles or files that were corrupt; there are none. I'm not sure why it keeps happening but I can't seem to fix it. Even reinstalling (with no mods or add-ons, mind you) did not fix this issue. Help would be most appreciated. Thanks!  :'(
xoxo Sym xoxo

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
Re: Crashing issue in certain maps? (HELP)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 01:48:28 pm »
Heya! Sorry to hear that you're having this kind of trouble, it might be because your computer can't really run those maps smoothly but I could be wrong. Have you tried changing your rendering system first? You could also attempt turning off water reflection in the game's options section and possibly decreasing your view distance too.

Offline epithelia

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 06:18:21 pm »
I recently re-downloaded the game, but I've been having this issue for awhile. Whenever I try to enter Eastern Pass or Seaside Grove, my game just freezes and closes out the game. The only way I can enter the maps is if I reboot my game (again) and it MAYBE lets me into the map. Any idea as to why this keeps happening to me? I've had this issue for a long time, I even checked to see if there were extra particles or files that were corrupt; there are none. I'm not sure why it keeps happening but I can't seem to fix it. Even reinstalling (with no mods or add-ons, mind you) did not fix this issue. Help would be most appreciated. Thanks!  :'(

Hey, my dear member.

This has happened to me a lot of times.
This also might happen because your computer can't run the maps, like Notorious. said. Your PC might be too old for that, or, your PC has accumulated a lot of heat, and it tries to cool down. Probably those maps have a lot of objects, or particles, etc. They lag a lot that it can result as a crash.
You should check normally if your PC accumulates heat. If it does, then let it cool down.

I'm probably wrong, maybe your PC doesn't accumulate heat. But, here's a tip.

This happens to me on other games, and I have to wait like an hour to make it close. This happens to me because it has a lot of heat. If it happens, I check if it has dust, then I carefully clean it.

Offline EARec

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 08:51:01 pm »
It's definitely not my laptop doing it; I have a very expensive gaming laptop that all my other high-quality games run fine on. It's just Feralheart I'm having crashing issues with. And I've been able to get in Eastern Pass before, but one day it just stopped letting me in that map and sometimes won't let me in Cherika or Seaside.

EDIT: Seaside seems to be loading fine now, but Eastern pass and Cherika stil crash. I tried changing my rendering system and that didn't do much, so I'll try the view distance thing and reflections off. Maybe that'll help.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 08:52:57 pm by Symbiosis »
xoxo Sym xoxo

Offline Vilivikhorith

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • \n\n\n\n
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 08:45:15 am »
Do you use any item packs? They've been known to cause crashes for particular users when particular items are loaded (and they load upon map entry or when someone enters with such items). Of course, if you are truly add-on-less, I could only guess some kind of issue with RAM. If you don't have 2GiB installed and no paging file, that'll probably do it. You can run memtest or something to make sure your RAM isn't going bad. Have you noticed any other pattern? This isn't a lot to go off of.

Offline EARec

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 02:19:36 am »
Do you use any item packs? They've been known to cause crashes for particular users when particular items are loaded (and they load upon map entry or when someone enters with such items). Of course, if you are truly add-on-less, I could only guess some kind of issue with RAM. If you don't have 2GiB installed and no paging file, that'll probably do it. You can run memtest or something to make sure your RAM isn't going bad. Have you noticed any other pattern? This isn't a lot to go off of.

It seems that whenever I just try to enter the map the first time, I  have to wait till the game closes out and then try to re-enter the map, and it usually works the second time, which is odd. It appears (the loading sceen) but then freezes and a loading icon appears (The blue circle that swirls on your desktop when it's loading something), then it force-closes my game. I thought about maybe getting rid of all my exports and custom map downloads. Should I give that a try? And the only item pack I have is the newest one that mostly everyone is using (I believe it also has anime items in it, can't remember what it [the item pack]  is called though) My game has been doing this a long time now, and I can't seem to figure out why. I have a lot of space on my laptop yet, so it probably isn't the RAM, I wouldn't imagine. I just want my game to work again  :'(
xoxo Sym xoxo

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 03:59:30 pm »
Hello!

Just to see, go to your main FeralHeart folder and check your particles folder for any duplicates. They will have a _0 or _1 at the end of the name if there are any. Make sure to delete them as they can make your game crash or not work correctly.

FeralHeart > media > particles.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline EARec

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 03:46:52 am »
So I checked the particles folder, and there aren't any with a 0 or 1. Everything in that folder (particles) is normal. Do you think it could be a faulty downloaded map I have in my exports? I didn't seem to have this crashing issue when I had no downloaded maps EXCEPT this one that I made, I don't think.  ???
xoxo Sym xoxo

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 02:59:46 pm »
So I checked the particles folder, and there aren't any with a 0 or 1. Everything in that folder (particles) is normal. Do you think it could be a faulty downloaded map I have in my exports? I didn't seem to have this crashing issue when I had no downloaded maps EXCEPT this one that I made, I don't think.  ???

Hmm, it could. It's worth a shot if you didn't start having the crashing issues until you downloaded it. Try removing it and see what happens. <3
not active here anymore ♡

Offline EARec

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 05:22:11 am »

So, I deleted all my maps except the ones that I've always had from day one, and it let me in Eastern pass the first try! Hopefully this means it is fixed! :D I think one of the maps was too old or not compatible with the new update; that must have been the problem.

Hmm, it could. It's worth a shot if you didn't start having the crashing issues until you downloaded it. Try removing it and see what happens. <3
xoxo Sym xoxo