Author Topic: Hm.. :c (About the Staff Team)  (Read 8532 times)

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
Hm.. :c (About the Staff Team)
« on: April 15, 2017, 11:33:07 pm »
For the first time in... a few months, I've finally decided to go to the forum to see if there are something new. ^^
Well there are news for me... but I find one of them, tragic :( unfortunately!

Last time when I viewed the staff list, there was about 7-8 members? And now it hase decreased to 5. I think it's sad to to see that the staff team has become so small. I do respect the ones who have left's reasons and I understand their meaning for their retirement, still... It's `funny´ (no it's not funny) that I get the feeling that the FH community is slowly dying. I mean... I don't know how to explain and express this, since I'm danish... But I hope you guys know what I mean :/

But hey, on the other side that is bright, I can see 5 loyal staff members that still work hard for the community, and not giving up on it. <3 It's heartwarming to see. I especially say "Thank you so much and keep it up" to Raz, who has been the server administrator since 2010 (I believe. That's 7 years!) I look up to that guy. You floofs (well, me aswell) don't know how extremely hard it is for him to keep the server up for the hundreds of you floofies. :o :)

There you have it. Sorry if some of it didn't make any sense, I was kinda sleepy and didn't want to go to bed when I wrote this post.

Tell me if you agree with me about the first thing, or what you else think. I won't be mad. <3
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:35:19 pm by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like

Offline BirdyBlu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • `Snuggle Puddle`
    • Ally Nice
    • View Profile
Re: Hm.. :c (About the Staff Team)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 11:37:19 pm »
No worries at all! I believe from what i'm hearing their is a project going on.. Staff just arent posted via the site. C: Their are many more around than what you see, i find it better in my opinion! If all of the staff is known the 'bad' kids look out and will play nice while they are around, now they dont know who or where! Lmao.

~Birdy Blu
.: Birdy Blu is just for You! :.

Signature image by @Pocketmutt

Offline Ellen11v

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 11:39:03 pm »
No worries at all! I believe from what i'm hearing their is a project going on.. Staff just arent posted via the site. C: Their are many more around than what you see, i find it better in my opinion! If all of the staff is known the 'bad' kids look out and will play nice while they are around, now they dont know who or where! Lmao.

~Birdy Blu
Thank you for you responding and telling me the good things ^^
doing what i feel like

Offline BirdyBlu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • `Snuggle Puddle`
    • Ally Nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 11:49:01 pm »
No problem! I was abit worried aswell at first after coming back from a break. xD I didnt have anyone on the mod list online and had a report.
.: Birdy Blu is just for You! :.

Signature image by @Pocketmutt

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 12:23:47 am »
Just to reassure you, there are more than 5 staff members. Kynvuu and I are both newly-appointed moderators. We just haven't made our way onto the staff page yet. However, we are listed under The Awesomesauce Staff page here. Our biographies are now on that page too if you'd like to check them out. ^^

Glad to see you around, Ellen!
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Ellen11v

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 01:37:40 am »
Oh hey, that's cool Morgra, I didn't know actually :p
I'm glad to see you too old friend :)
I might read them bios some time. :)
doing what i feel like

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 02:06:25 am »
It's natural for the number of staff members to vary; as time progresses, some of the people on the team find that time can hinder his or her activity to working on the site or in-game. Sometimes it's a matter of needing to make time for other things outside of Feral Heart, such as personal matters or other activities that put a bit of strain on keeping up to the same speed in the way he/she may have done previously. There are many different reasons why staff choose to step down from their position, but in the long run, it would probably be best that the members of staff are honest about the time they're able to lend lend and their priorities, rather than staying on the team (and thus the count of staff being high) without being able to fulfill his or her role. It can be better to have a staff team whom are few but active rather than to have a large team where the members on it aren't there to handle matters of the game and forum (since it can lead to MIA or less-active staff receiving reports where action may be delayed). It's not generally a bad sign if there's a lower staff count-- even if you do see the number being lower than it may have been a few months ago. Of course, the ideal number of staff would be plentiful and active! As Morgra mentioned, we did appoint two new moderators this year. We did lose some long-time staff members, as well, including Admin Allegra/WhiteLightHeart and Global Moderator Shallow, but they had decided to respectfully step down from their positions due to time restraints along with other personal reasons. We're still thriving with the current members of staff on our team, though, so there's no need to worry! Members on the staff team come and go, but we're still going strong and looking forward to bringing new and exciting things to the game and community. I'm sure the rest of the staff team appreciates your kind and encouraging words. c:

~Birdy Blu

Just to clarify, all of the staff listed on the Awesomesauce Staff thread that Morgra linked is the entirety of the staff on our team. Notwithstanding the MITs who have just been accepted into the Moderator position, if anyone else is saying that they're a staff member and they're not listed on that page or have their profile updated to the Moderator position, they're not staff.

No need to fear! We're still active and running about, so if you have any reports or inquiries, feel free to send them the way of a staffer. c:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 02:14:13 am by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Ellen11v

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 02:27:35 pm »
Thank you for your good statement and clarification. It's nice to hear so much from you. :)
doing what i feel like

Gigi

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 05:35:59 pm »
It's `funny´ (no it's not funny) that I get the feeling that the FH community is slowly dying.

I can assure you the community and game isn't dying. There's a thread that Sura explains specifically about the game population; but again, things aren't dying. As for the staff team, the community recently introduced two new staff members, so it good number in the staff team - and active too.

:) It's nice to see you are concern for the community. 

Offline Ellen11v

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 06:15:33 pm »
It's `funny´ (no it's not funny) that I get the feeling that the FH community is slowly dying.

I can assure you the community and game isn't dying. There's a thread that Sura explains specifically about the game population; but again, things aren't dying. As for the staff team, the community recently introduced two new staff members, so it good number in the staff team - and active too.

:) It's nice to see you are concern for the community. 

Thank you :)
doing what i feel like