Poll

One to two large maps, or several small/medium maps? Please read the thread for more info!

Small/medium with high detail, all over!
6 (50%)
Large, with details spread out!
6 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: map size/preference poll, pls help me  (Read 1717 times)

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • https://rookfox.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
map size/preference poll, pls help me
« on: September 26, 2019, 02:04:17 am »
I have a few map ideas I wanted to share with the community as well as with some private RPs, but me and a few friends that I've discussed said ideas with can't decide on something!
Basically, do you all feel it's more fun and cooler when you have a large area to explore, at the cost of outspread detail and barren areas (I can't completely cover a giant map, obviously), and to just feel like you're surrounded by land, OR do you think it's cooler to see a large piece of land or territory represented in a few (say... 4-7) smaller maps with high detail all over, but to get to different areas in the land you gotta cross through portals and such.

A large map sounds ideal and cool, but it couldn't be nearly as detailed as a smaller map/if I were to cut that territory and map idea into pieces and sections.  I'm not sure if I should release my maps as large and extensive with spread out details and little detail scenes in certain areas of the map, or in detailed sections and divided mini-maps.

Do feel free to expand on your opinion or answer!
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !

BirdieBeep

Re: map size/preference poll, pls help me
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 03:27:20 am »
I've always particularly enjoyed larger maps as there is a lot of room to explore and to spread out, I'm sure you could find a in between with both ideas.
Good luck though, I'm sure you'll get some good responses from the poll

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 04:52:51 am »
If its for a map pack, might be nice to have at least one nice big map and then adjoining smaller more detailed maps. I personally like detailed maps with something special in each corner, but there is a certain appeal to having at least one map with a nice bit of expanse to it. It really all depends what environments you're working towards. If you've got the time and the spirits though maybe a little mix of both worlds would work out best, especially if you can't decide ^^

-voted nonetheless :)-

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 06:33:33 am »
I personally enjoy larger maps, but I do love detail.. I think it all depends on the kind of map it is. If it's more casual or for a smaller roleplay than a small, more detailed map would be perfect. If it's for a larger rp (multi-pack/pride/clan/etc) then a large map is preferred. Voted nonetheless though!!

in-game: hooli

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 10:03:17 am »
I prefer smaller maps. As for detail, I feel mixed. Some with not as much going on for a place to chill, such as a desert-like area with a lake for example, and others with detail so that it doesn't feel barren everywhere.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.