Author Topic: Three Things I'd Like to See in New FH  (Read 1543 times)

Offline DraconisFantasy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Mr. Sakurai I don't feel too good.
    • View Profile
Three Things I'd Like to See in New FH
« on: July 11, 2019, 10:03:34 pm »
 Hello all, just posting two thoughts I've had for FH since the source code has been found, and a suggestion a friend of mine made during a Discord discussion.

1. Real-time height map and mask creation.

I would love it if Feral Heart was able to have real-time height map creation. It gets really exhausting going back and forth to check your height map and seeing it not to your liking. Being able to see the terrain elevate in-game while you work on it would make life so much easier. Perhaps if it's possible maybe make it where we can just elevate and lower the terrain while in the map creator. Maybe call it the "molding" section, where you manipulate the terrain to your will. I can see people becoming a lot more creative with their maps if it were easier to see how your terrain looks, rather than taking time every little change to make sure your height map is just right or needs to have a part redone entirely.

As for the mask, maybe make a new tab called "painting." That or perhaps include it in the "molding" tab. Either way, it would be nice to see the creation of the mask in real time, I think it would be easier to make cliffs, beaches, tundras, deserts, and other biomes all in the same map if we can see what we are doing as we do it.

2. Real-time preset creation. It would be awesome to be able to see how presets look while we work on them. Instead of needing to close the game and re-open it, it would be awesome to just be able to look at the character and essentially paint them. Maybe make a section available to select a fur texture you would like to use, and then the rest is simple by being able to paint on the char.

If that isn't possible, maybe see if there is a way to have FH sync with your art program, so this way you can create your character and see how it will look in the game.

3. This is an idea my friend had. She suggested that the Feral Heart chat should have an optional filter. The game will automatically have it on, but it can be turned off as well. This filter will filter out swears so younger audiences will not see the things older users say, but at the same time, when the filter is off, we older users can see everything. Other MMOs have this filter, so it might not be impossible for FH. That or perhaps make another chat tab called "Big Kids" or something, I don't know. It's just, the audience of FH has grown-up, so making it where mature rated conversations can take place between these older members would be a nice option.

That's my two cents for FH, and I hope that one or all of these ideas can be made available in the new game as it continues to grow.
"I'm really feeling it!"

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: Three Things I'd Like to See in New FH
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 01:16:51 pm »
I like these ideas and they seem do-able in certain programs. I believe that someone was attempting to create a real time preset builder? As for the chat filter, I like the idea but it might get too hectic to moderate

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 02:08:01 pm »
I don't think the engine the game runs on would like that very much.
P l e a s e
eh
okay but i ain't all for it because you can get around those fairly easily and they can be cumbersome. even over sensitive to certain words. such as me saying "assumption" in some games would be censored because, well. yeah.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

SpicyDirt

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 11:36:08 pm »
I like the ideas!

1) I would KILL for a real-time heightmap builder. I am assuming that you are talking about having different "terrain brushes" that will increase/decrease the land as you see fit? If so, that would be an honest time-saver; however, if they do that, I believe that they should add brushes to "paint" on different textures to different parts of the map!

2) Again: awesome! This would make life SO MUCH EASIER with specific markings that are tough to nail. Chest/neck markings along with cheek markings would be so much easier to do if you could see real-time on the character. Sometimes it will take multiple attempts and can be a lengthy process, but this would cut that time in half or even more!

3) This idea is cool but might be a bit tough to pull off. I could see something like this happening if it were an easier thing to manage. You said that you'd like to see it with an age-restriction on the chat? I think it might be easier if they did something that was not really on an age restriction, but more like how Discord has the NSFW chats. The overall issue with this though is that it is against the community guidelines to swear/use profanity, so I feel that something like this would be promoting the use of swearing.

I love these ideas and the creativity behind them! It is so interesting to see everyone's suggestions for the games, especially when they have a high probability like these!

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 11:40:58 pm »
I'm all for having a real-time creations..
Having the motivation to actually start making presets let alone maps is hard to come by sometimes...
And then having to do a continuous / tedious process of close and open time and time again can get a little tiresome.
Nice ideas c:

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 12:02:30 am »
I love these ideas, I've always thought making terrain maps for maps would be easier if you could see how it's actually being edited in-game without having to actually check back and fourth every so often, as well as presets! All your confusion and struggles when it comes to realism or putting the marking in the correct area would be fixed.
artwork by dehvina

Nobi

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 01:38:27 am »
I support idea 1 and 2 but i doubt we'll be seeing an in-game height map builder because of the engine's limitations.

Bro but I'd kill for an in-game height map builder ngl.

For no. 3 I dig the idea of a profanity filter, but I don't think it's going to be much use in public chats since you're not allowed to swear anyway? And a separate chat for "big kids" would create a split in the community which i don't encourage.

Offline DraconisFantasy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Mr. Sakurai I don't feel too good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 04:58:15 pm »
Oh my, I did not expect so many responses. Well that is certainly something.

I do see your concerns in regards to the filter system and you brought up some points that my friend and myself did not see, so I understand where you're all coming from and perhaps it is not such a good idea.

As for the height map molding, maybe since they have the source code they can make an engine leap? Perhaps they could use Unity in the future, though I do not really know how coding works so I cannot speak from any experience on the matter. I have seen games get converted to the Unity engine, so maybe there is some hope for FH to do the same thing? I do not know, but perhaps someone with experience will be able to answer my question or maybe a little Google searching on my end can give the answer. ^^
"I'm really feeling it!"