Help & Guidance > Game Help

Wanted: Apostrophes and Quotation Marks!

(1/2) > >>

PatchesSkittles:
All right, I haven't been able to use apostrophes, quotations marks, or certain other symbols such as the tilda(~) in FH gameplay.  They only appear as blank spaces when I type them, but I can see those used by other users just fine.  I can do without them, but it can get annoying when I have to type something like "Blah could not bite the muzzle of Blargh" instead of "Blah couldn't bite Blargh's muzzle."  This issue has been present ever since I started playing.  Could I have downloaded it wrong somehow?  If so, do I need to un-install and re-install it, or is there a simpler way to fix the problem?  Thank you very much!
As a side note, the FH game will stop responding randomly and relatively frequently, and then I cannot close the window unless I shut down my computer.  Are these bugs common, or did I make a mistake while downloading?  
Thanks again.
~Patches

This was resolved in downloading the new patch and uninstalling and reinstalling the game, thanks!

slycan:
you can use ! and ? if you turn your keyboard settings/ language to US (:

http://www.conversationexchange.com/resources/keyboard-language.php

Redlinelies:
For the bugs and crashes, it can actually vary slightly from computer to computer. But they're there, anyone will crash sometime, but if you can't end the game without shutting off your computer it's slightly odd. Should be enough with ctrl + alt + del, sometimes that's not even needed.

The quotation marks and apostrophes is all down to the keyboard and the keyboard layout you're using on the computer itself I believe.

I have the lang set to swedish on this one, and the marks works just fine.

I think you'll have to go into the control panel and find "change input and other methods". There's some keyboard settings there. Not sure which one you should pick however.

Something with the keyboard. xd

PatchesSkittles:
Slycan: I meant the ", ', and ~ symbols, and my keyboard is already on US, but thank you!

Red: I've tried Ctrl+Alt+Delete, but unfortunately, that doesn't work either.  I can end the game myself by logging out and exiting, I just can't exit when it crashes.  
My apostrophes/quotations do work anywhere else, just not in the FH gameplay.  As for changing the keyboard, I just looked into it now, but I'm not sure if my computer has anything other than English>US ^.^''  Thanks, though~

Nala_91:
It's a glitch and Kovu is currently working, hopefully by the time the next update comes it will be fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version