Author Topic: FlyingGrass' Ghost Character Inspiration  (Read 3552 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
FlyingGrass' Ghost Character Inspiration
« on: January 10, 2018, 11:41:14 am »
I've seen demons in FH, but rarely(If at all) a regular ghost.

Your ghost character doesn't have to be limited to what this tutorial says.

To help you describe your ghost character:
Spirits, whenever they become visible, look like what they've saw themselves looking like. If they didn't look at their reflection in the water in their life, then they'd be headless. If they never looked at their own body in their life, then they'd have no body because they don't know what their body looks like.
It is impossible for any spirit to copy the look of another being, living or dead. The ghost is permanently bound whatever it's seen of to the form it had when it was living, and cannot change its form at all(Not even with objects as nothing can stick to a ghost's face). The ghost is limited to one pair of clothes that is forever stuck to its body.

To help you describe the backstory of your ghost character:
The creatures that died in battle to save their territory are rewarded by being granted a ghost form, but it's a regular ghost form.
The old aged creatures are granted a strong ghost form.
The creatures that died of an illness become regular ghosts.

Color:
The color of a ghost character denotes how that ghost character became a ghost.
Grassy green: Left by opponent to die in agony after battle. Randomly emits the smell of rot.
Blood-red: Wounded to death by opponent. They randomly emit the smell of blood.
Light red: Blunt impact by opponent(The blunt impact has to be the final blow for the ghost to become orange). Randomly emits the smell of vomit.
Dark blue(Including 255 blue): Held underwater by opponent without being wounded at all(A color most likely from an Horse/Cow attack). Randomly emits the smell of water.
Light blue: Kicked into the sky by opponent, including being kicked into the sun. Randomly emits the smell of wet grass(Smells of of rain)
Orange: Part of a large army, but killed by the opponent's army. Randomly emits the smell on metal.
Yellow: Set alight by opponent. Randomly emits the smell of charred meal.
Purple: Ambushed by opponent. Randomly emits the smell of burned wood(Smells of campfire).
Neon green: Illness. Randomly emits the smell of of whatever ground surface it's standing on.
White/Gray: Old age, the brightness denoting how old. Randomly emits the smell of any flower(But can't change what flower they smell like)

For more uniqueness to your ghost character, you may add a hint of other color to your ghost character, as long as it's still mostly the color denoting how it died.

Interactions and abilities:
Ghost characters that have become ghosts via old age are more free to do whatever, rocking chairs with good strength and pushing heavy objects around, and are more solid in that they can bump into living creatures if they're visible.

Ghost characters can phase through some surfaces, but don't be an overpowered ghost; You don't want to phase through a wall that has a privacy invasion behind it.

The lack of light empowers a ghost, both regular and strong, to show itself.
A creature-made light can spot them, but in UV rays(Sun) they fizzle out of visibility(You can't find a highly-visible ghost near any reptile enclosure). They seem stronger in caves as not even the moonlight reaches a cave(Unless there's water nearby to reflect the moonlight like a mirror)

Ghost characters can also become strong ghosts when they have won a lot of battles(Without powerplaying!) before they were slain by their opponents(That also don't powerplay, as being powerplayed to death is too easy :P).

Ghost characters can cause phantom pain(Pain anywhere from nowhere) in living creatures. The stronger the ghost character is, the more pain it can inflict upon the living.

Both types of ghost character can cause nausea in the living, as well as feelings of cold.
Both types of ghost character can make noises.

Flashlights and cameras can be interacted with by ghost characters.

BUT:

Ghost characters can't reach very far at all, they have to stand on top of their target to cause any effects.

Ghost characters can't interact with computers and tablets, computerized devices Are too strong for any ghost characters.

Gotta think of more, but this is finished for now.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 10:10:09 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline love.family

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • i love spaghetti
    • View Profile
Re: FlyingGrass' Guide to Roleplaying as a Ghost Character
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 04:30:39 am »
Wow! Thats cool!
brains are awesome. i wish everybody had one.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 03:58:32 pm »
This is a really awesome tutorial I've never seen anything like it before.
Good job! <3
not active here anymore ♡

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 04:00:58 pm »
wow! This is actually really interesting, I love how you explained everything about ghost characters. Especially the colors and their meanings! -gives you a nuzzle for this- GG! C: <3

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 04:49:54 pm »
Thank you everyone!

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.