Author Topic: Is FH Really Worth Returning To?  (Read 4036 times)

Laarikin

Is FH Really Worth Returning To?
« on: October 28, 2019, 09:32:47 pm »
     I've been a part of the FH community for quite a while and I've always loved the game.  But about 2 months ago I stopped playing, I lost interest in the game. Everything is about role-playing, and if you do not succeed in that, then there's really not much else to do. Most of the time The Grounds is silent with afk advertisers or simply people there just to be there. I feel like the only thing that has kept me with the game for this long is the fact that the game is extremely flexible and customizable. I found my artistic strengths in making presets, and I enjoyed it a lot. But in the end it always kind of upset me that these skins would have hours of work put into them just for them to go to waste. I understand that things don't last forever, but when you sit there and spend a ton of time on something you love doing just to see it immediately head into the recycle bin, it's kind of sad. That was where I found my fun in the game, was creating things. But once you get rid of that there really isn't anything to the game. I understand that the source code was indeed obtained and updates are now possible, but I can't help but feel that FH has been the most dead it's ever been. The only things I see are RP groups, on the edge of extinction desperately recruiting for people who're AFK or simply not interested. But FH without the artistic ability and customization, and the little gameplay there is that is role-play. FH is really nothing.

Of course, this is just my opinion and the way I see things, I figured I'd just put something forward and see what other people's thoughts are. Apologies if my ideas are a bit scattered, I tend to do that.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: Is FH Really Worth Returning To?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 09:43:35 pm »
Depends what you want to do with it.
I make strange videos or comics sometimes.
You could always try something like that with the customized stuff you make.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Zelphamine

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 10:23:33 pm »
I really much believe there is something to grasp on. FH may have a bumpy road ahead, but slowly and surely things are coming along. I am kinda annoyed with the lack of the staff we are facing because many have taken to depart at the moment. I have a theory if we had more staff and more developers we can surely have the regular FH. Also, have you heard about the source code and the game ideas category? With much to plan out, we can see a whole new adventure in the upcoming patches. For now, just give it time :3

SpicyDirt

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 03:49:51 am »
All of your points are completely valid.

Many of the veteran players have lost interest in the game since the update. My buddy list tends to show that most people are offline and have been offline for a looooong time. But, to go off of what Zelphamine said, the source code has been "found" and the staff does have quite a lot planned for the future. They seem like they are always happy to hear about new ways to improve the game!

Also, since the update and open registration, there have actually been quite a few new players to the game! Each game has its lifecycle, and Feral Heart is just going through theirs right now. All of the veteran players love the old maps, but now that we have the update and new players, hopefully, they will love the new maps just as much as we loved the old maps, and hopefully they will tell their friends about how awesome this game is.

The cool thing about this game is that it is a great place to find yourself. I have been playing since 2013 and I have seen such a change in people because of this game. Feral Heart has helped people blossom, open up about themselves, figure out new things about themselves and so much more. It is a great place to make new friends and I do hope that it continues to be this awesome place for the new users that are joining every day.

I understand you saying that Feral Heart is not much since the update and that the game is focused on roleplaying, but I think that you may be surprised with what the future has to hold for the game!

ungodlycoyote

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 08:25:51 pm »
it will be. someday. >:3

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 09:47:36 pm »
To answer your question, without reading previous replies to the thread so I can give my most honest opinion, I'd say yeah, why not. The low activity of Feral Heart's users is no new news, and if you're willing to put up with that, for at least some time, I think you'd perhaps enjoy playing the game anyways. You can also join the Discord server [Feral Neighborhood] which as of right now has over 600 members. And is very active, we also get some neat spoilers from xSpirit which might bring you some interest in FH again. Also, joining the Forum side would probably be a good idea, you'd be surprised that it is still pretty active. As for the in-game, it's really more active during the weekends when people don't have school/jobs. But long story short, I think you should give it a shot once again. Because there are things in the works behind the scenes.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 10:37:41 pm »
It really depends on your opinion and preference but in my opinion; I agree with Valar! You do make some good points in your post, though. Alas, on the contrary, there is some hope from Spirit and I believe he has lots of good plans for the future. We may be stuck in a rut in regards to updates for a bit and activity wise but I am positive he has some things in the makings and I am personally very excited! I want to stick around for some updates/changes and stay hopeful about the future. <3 That is something you can look forward to at least. I am sure things will start picking up again, or so I hope. :> I hope this helped give you another thought about it!
not active here anymore ♡

BirdieBeep

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 12:13:55 am »
I say yes and no.
While I think Feral Heart has missed opportunities and perhaps has a lot of room for growth in terms of management, I think this weird sparkledog nightmare worth staying around for. At least for me. A lot of my friends are here, and I think with a smaller population I really got closer to them and more tightly knit, but at the same time I feel like there is something missing. I guess just some of the charm and randomness, alongside nostalgia that FH had when I joined. But I know there are things ahead that may help the game for better, and I think it's worth staying around at least to see what happens.
I guess I don't know the answer, but if it feels right and makes you happy, that'll give you a definite answer.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2019, 05:12:29 am »
this post made me really miss the time when i was really active on FH back then to be honest. :<
this game used to be my favorite place to socialize because i wasn't super dedicated to roleplay.
oh god i'm dwelling on the past.

imo it really depends on the person. most people who return only do it for maybe a week and disappear without a trace after that, however.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv