Author Topic: Is FH Really Worth Returning To?  (Read 4004 times)

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
Re: Is FH Really Worth Returning To?
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2019, 07:21:28 pm »
I stay in the community because there are some amazing people that I know that are still active in it, and I also like to give those who are new to the game a great in-game experience, whenever I have the time.

I'd say it's worth returning to if you like to play a 3D animal openworld game.
doing what i feel like

Laarikin

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2019, 07:21:57 pm »
Thank you all for the feedback, I've considered a lot of things but still don't really see a point in returning, at least not right now. Perhaps I will visit for an update or two, at least I will be separate from the game until things start to kick back up with updates, activity, and hopefully just generally more things to do. Plus there are all kinds of drama that I'd wish to bypass on for now. I miss being ignorant.

Though who knows, I've been stuck in a place where I want to reinstall the game, and don't. So chances are I may reinstall the game sometime.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2019, 12:07:17 am »
I’m sorry that you feel that way about the game now Laarikin <\3

I quit this game back in 2012 especially after I heard LKD had left. Back then it was much more lively then it is now but for me the game itself wasn’t interesting enough to want to linger around. I was and still am not very interested in roleplay although I’ve roleplayed and enjoyed it the times I have :) Thing is for me at least FH just isn’t as interesting as a lot of other games out there. It doesn’t offer much to people who don’t care for roleplay but still like the idea of playing as an animal and the customization. For me the game itself wasn’t/isn’t worth coming back to simply cause it’s limited and lacks the type of gameplay I like and seek. It’s essentially a glorified 3D chat. Feral Heart to me though isn’t just the game but rather a combination of the game, Forum, and community that goes with it... so with that being said it’s not the game itself that is worth coming back to but the community itself. There’s something very warm and familiar about the community that keeps me around. It was this community and certain people in it who made me return after I had quit back in 2012 & it’s the community that kept me here after a lot of things... from general chats removal, the 2016 updates reception, the hacking, and so forth. Outside of feeling responsible as a staff member and wanting to keep this place going for others who it is worth coming back for... I just really care about this place.

So when it comes to your question it really comes down to each individual person and what this place means to them of what they original joined for.

Most of the original players have grown up and many of them just aren’t interested anymore for various reasons. With them left a huge part of the community and the users that made this place what it originally was. I do think FH will never be the same way it was again... but that isn’t to say it can’t still eventually grow to be beloved and popular again. A lot has changed and we’ve got the source code now and some amazing people working behind the scenes doing cool things. I’d say take a break for now if you feel it’s lost the charm. Play some other games you do enjoy and maybe if you’re still curious and FH still holds a special place in your heart come back around, see how things have changed and maybe reconsider <3

If it still isn’t what you like and you decide to leave for good just know we appreciated having you with us for as long as you were around. <3
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 12:43:49 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline faewyn

• Lady of the Forest
  • Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ᓚᘏᗢ embean
    • f-a-e-w-y-n
    • emxlybeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2020, 03:02:31 am »
I believe if you have the time to, yeah. If you need a friend and just someone to talk to, FH is full of nice people. It's a nice place to have fun and get your mind off things. You don't have to be dedicated to enjoy the game. <3

Siggy by danysaurus