Author Topic: New specie... In development!  (Read 2093 times)

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
New specie... In development!
« on: August 14, 2016, 05:33:36 am »
Hello! Many of you might know me for being the creator of the Bardagiulfr specie. First: DO NOT PANIC, Bardagiulfrs are not ending! They're just on a stop, for now, i want to get started on another specie. It's currently "nameless", but i have a few concepts (Which are ALL (C) me!, but picture references used for some of these pictures are not mine, and they were just used for illustrative and anatomical purposes)
The specie is in fact, a feline. But, an alien feline. This specie comes from another planet. In fact, this could almost be considered a "AU" Earth if you see it like it. Biologically, it's the same, but species vary and the biomes change, and the geography is indeed very different. (No continents!, bye Europe, bye America, bye etc!), but there is water, dirt, grass, air, fire, everything. Except...
There's a twist!
No humans, at all. 0, negative, 100% nothing, off, deceased, extinct, however you may call it, for hundreds of years, letting animals evolve! Physical evolutions weren't just enough, and they've become smarter! This includes Meriyaks/Kayirems.
And this is the part YOU participate in! I need your help to choose between Meriyak and Kayirem for the name of the specie. These have no meaning at all, but it's for popularism concepts. By the way, i could chop your eyes off if you copied my ideas, so bewareeee... You can leave ALL and ANY opinions on the posts after this one! Since this is a test thread, it will probably only have one section (this one i'm writing in), and if the specie shows a lot of positive answers, we could become a semi-private species, open to the public to be acquired.

Anatomically, the Kayirems/Meriyaks are mostly leopard-looking, but they have long caracal-like ears, with a tuft, just like the previously mentioned animals, at the tip of it. They have a lion-looking tail, which can curl or stay relaxed depending of the animal's emotional state. It also bears long, retractable claws, that can be as long as 4 1/8". Many more strange features about this specie will be released soon.
The usual height range for both genders is 1,2 meters to the shoulder to 1,3 meters, but there have been some extreme cases of male Meriyaks/Kayirems with a height of 1,4 or so, that beared giganism, a mutation. The smallest adult (2 years old minimum)Kayirem/Meriyak ever recorded was a runt male that inherited both the dwarfism mutation and the height from both his parents, that were both the runts of their families. Strangely, he survived to height around 1.03 meters, he had difficulties to hunt but he survived as a skinny, weak creature, unnatractive to most single females of his area. He roamed the dense savannah until a dominant male saw him as a threat to his territory, and shred him to pieces in a fight that didn't last nearly 5 minutes.

-WIP THREAD-
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0

Offline IsCreated

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Carmanzii is awesome ppl
    • dicechild.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
Re: New specie... In development!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 04:36:34 pm »
That's very interesting! I can't wait to see more.
[
Siggy lineart made by Yanchan, avatar lineart made by KFCemployee
Carmen's pre - tinyurl.com/gqqty7a

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
Re: New specie... In development!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 05:01:22 pm »
Actually i have a few doodles here! The curvy thing on the left corner is the claw. I forgot to mention they have king cheetah-like manes.
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0