Game & Forum Discussion > Forum Discussion

Decline of Forum Activity [What's your opinion?]

<< < (4/4)

GarySinise:

--- Quote from: Jango_Fett on January 27, 2019, 11:44:12 pm ---
--- Quote from: Valar.Morghulis on January 27, 2019, 08:37:31 pm ---
--- Quote from: GarySinise on January 27, 2019, 08:19:43 pm ---A friend of mine mentioned something to me about the forums. Having never used it, she didn't know where to start, or how to post, or anything. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but perhaps some people aren't sure where to go or what to do.

--- End quote ---

Definitely! I agree with you on this. Some people are not very (or at all) familiar with Forum usage, and no matter how much you simplify it, It will still be complicated for certain individuals.

--- End quote ---

the only way to solve that is to just let the person throw themself into the deep end.

that's really the only way to learn how to use a forum like this.

--- End quote ---

That's exactly what I've done, I'm still learning even after playing FH since 2011.

Valar.Morghulis:

--- Quote from: GarySinise on February 05, 2019, 07:26:24 pm ---
--- Quote from: Jango_Fett on January 27, 2019, 11:44:12 pm ---
--- Quote from: Valar.Morghulis on January 27, 2019, 08:37:31 pm ---
--- Quote from: GarySinise on January 27, 2019, 08:19:43 pm ---A friend of mine mentioned something to me about the forums. Having never used it, she didn't know where to start, or how to post, or anything. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but perhaps some people aren't sure where to go or what to do.

--- End quote ---

Definitely! I agree with you on this. Some people are not very (or at all) familiar with Forum usage, and no matter how much you simplify it, It will still be complicated for certain individuals.

--- End quote ---

the only way to solve that is to just let the person throw themself into the deep end.

that's really the only way to learn how to use a forum like this.

--- End quote ---

That's exactly what I've done, I'm still learning even after playing FH since 2011.

--- End quote ---

Honestly, same. I’ve been here since 2012 and I still don’t know some stuff that you can do on the forum. I just recently found out about Adding buddies and ignoring users xD I sound like a noob but it is what is is lol!

Ame88:
Mind if I put my two cents in?

Kuri:
Forums everywhere are declining in activity.  Which is bad as internet forums were the next boom in knowledge transfer, like libraries, but with every opinion.

Topics aren't exhausted yet, just … peoples interest isn't held by much for long these days.  I've noticed that in real life too.  You can be talking & mid' sentence they'll just run away saying "Hey look a squirrel!" or something.

As I observe most people scroll through facebook these days I guess if you wanted to improve activity FH might have to have a FB presence.  Which if some people like to keep separate from their real life friends might be tricky to get likes because... "So&so has liked animal game mod'/group/fanart" might be hard to explain to their friends & family.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version