Game & Forum Discussion > Forum Discussion

Decline of Forum Activity [What's your opinion?]

<< < (2/4) > >>

Wyldercat:
I've also been thinking about this.

1.       Do you think that the forums today come up short in activity compared to previous years?
         Absolutely. The forum is... pretty empty nowadays. There's usually only a handful of new threads each week, and most of the time (that I'm online at least), there's only 5 or 10 people online in the Who's Online board. Sometimes it's even just me and one or two other people. Some sections are completely dead on the forums, such as the roleplay boards. There used to be a couple active forum rps going at a time, but they've gone pretty stale.

2.       Where do you see more activity? On the forums, or in the game?
         Definitely in game. The traffic in the Grounds is pretty standard compared to the more popular old maps, and the other maps aren't usually too empty either.

3.       Do you think that newer discussion topics are lacking in replies? If so, why do you think that is?
         I don't necessarily think it's the number of replies (although participation is definitely on the downside), but the number of topics open to discuss.

4.       Have topic ideas/subjects been exhausted? Could that be why we’re not seeing many new ones?
         Maybe. There's only so many original ideas, so many topics are copies of old discussions, or try too hard to be unique and loose relatability.

5.       If you think the forums are less active, do you have any suggestions on how to improve activity?
                   As several mentioned, registration, but also more... things to do, I guess? Back when I first got involved in the forums, there was always something new to see. New roleplays, new art, something.

Lady_Alizarin:
1.  Do you think that the forums today come up short in activity compared to previous years?
Yes I do. Back when I first joined the FH community there was more forum activity and more thread discussions. Now? Not as much as there used to be.

         
2.  Where do you see more activity? On the forums, or in the game?
I see more activity going on in the games, mostly.

         
3.  Do you think that newer discussion topics are lacking in replies? If so, why do you think that is?
I think it's due to less users on the forums. Back then I saw many more users come to the forums to be part of discussions, but now that number has decreased.

         
4.   Have topic ideas/subjects been exhausted? Could that be why we’re not seeing many new ones?
Defiantly. There have been topics that have been discussed over, and over, and over again in the past and it's probably gotten old. People probably don't reply to topics that have already been discussed once before because they've already given their opinion once. Why do it over and over again?

         
5.   If you think the forums are less active, do you have any suggestions on how to improve activity?
Others have given some good suggestions, and I will agree with some of them. Have more contests on the forums. I think we should have more art contests, story contests, or even another character contest like we had once.  Opening up the registration could help the community as well. 

spicy:
1. Do you think that the forums today come up short in activity compared to previous years?
Recently, a decline within forum activity has been noticed. Being here since around 2012 sort of had its perks. There was always a whole lot of members browsing the forums, whether it be searching for help or holding a conversion on the discussion board. Now, whenever I pop up on the forum, there is at most five people online.

2. Where do you see more activity? On the forums, or in the game?
Certainly in-game, though before the hacking.. There was a whole lot of members who played feral-heart. Compared to then, there has been a noticeable decline in both of the areas. More on the forum than the game. To be honest, everyone still mourns the loss of the older maps. Yes we can download them now, but it is rather depressing seeing fluorite plains void of recruiting roleplays. Those maps have a more mental connection to the members, more than the newer ones. In all honesty, many agree that Fluorite, Southpole, or any of the maps could have been atleast touched up to improve its realistic quality. Like add more plants, camps, ect instead of adding in the newer maps.

3. Do you think that newer discussion topics are lacking in replies? If so, why do you think that is?
Yes, I indeed think they are lacking in replies. Usually, there would be a lot of people who would find the current topics of the threads interesting but now.. It just seems completely worn out due to the questions being either already asked or having no attention catcher which manages to reel in others.

4. Have topic ideas/subjects been exhausted? Could that be why we’re not seeing many new ones?
I believe they have. Some questions have either been repeated, or talked about so much that the replies slowly begin to decline. Not counting the topics which have are locked or have the 'warning- this post has not been posted in for atleast 20 days' at the bottom.

5. If you think the forums are less active, do you have any suggestions on how to improve activity?
How could the activity be improved? A new, cleaner forum could be provided. Change up the colors, don't make them too dull but also not blindingly neon. A perfect balance of colors would be nice, to keep everyone interested. Also, as many have suggested, contests should return. Whether it be stories, presets, art, or animation. It would bring in the older members and also any newer ones which have managed to catch the registration page open. Upon that topic, set up certain times for the registration to be open and release those times to the public. It would allow members to know when it would be open next, so it'd be easier to catch instead of it being pure luck of the draw.

Siarczek:
1. Do you think that the forums today come up short in activity compared to previous years?
Definitely. I wasn't active on the forums back in the day, but from what I saw, they were very active- even as recently as 2015, the forums were more active than they are now.
         
2. Where do you see more activity? On the forums, or in the game?
In-game. There's at most ~200-300 on at a given time, whereas on the forums it's the same few people who post frequently.
         
3. Do you think that newer discussion topics are lacking in replies? If so, why do you think that is?
Yes, and I'd say there are multiple reasons- the lack of activity on the forums, and the repetitiveness of content being posted that many people may simply not want to reply to.
         
4. Have topic ideas/subjects been exhausted? Could that be why we’re not seeing many new ones?
As I said above, I think so. Topics get very repetitive- the same questions and complaints, with very few creative topics and sharing of in-game creations/art/etc.
         
5. If you think the forums are less active, do you have any suggestions on how to improve activity?
I feel the website could use a new layout- it feels like a site from the early 2000's, and I know that can be off-putting for a lot of people. Look at the forums on popular websites like FlightRising, Furvilla, or even Toyhou.se- they're modern and clean, and I think that's what FH should strive for. The addition of forum vistas may be a cool idea- default vistas could be pretty images of default FH maps, with exclusive (or custom) vistas for MOTS, contest winners, etc.
And, as others are suggesting, more frequent activities: contests, movie nights, and so on.

Jango_Fett:
there just isn't anything interesting happening here anymore

that's it there you go

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version