Author Topic: virgin media keeps blocking fh? o.0  (Read 1264 times)

Offline account

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
virgin media keeps blocking fh? o.0
« on: December 16, 2018, 07:26:52 pm »
twice i have had this happen so i just wanna mention it, the log in page u need to keep up to play twice i logged off and checked it and it came up with something saying
"Look out! Your Virgin Media Virus Safe settings have blocked this site"
anyway i can stop it doing this?

i dont think i even have a virgin media account to log into to turn the setting off o.0

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: virgin media keeps blocking fh? o.0
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 03:52:30 am »
I looked into your issue and it seems to be either your internet service provider blocking the site, or someone has parental controls set on it. If it is neither of these, I recommend to use a VPN to unblock it.
Here are some articles relating to Virgin Media and blocked websites, perhaps they may help

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Websafe-off-but-blocking-sites-still/td-p/3603400
https://www.thetechgame.com/Archives/t=6704460/how-do-i-bypass-virgin-media-to-access-blocked-sites.html

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Re: virgin media keeps blocking fh? o.0
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 11:06:12 pm »
If you're using a family computer, the site may have been blocked by a parental control. Before attempting to bypass the site, ask a guardian or parent about using the FH forum to not cause trouble or hassle.

The issue may also be being caused by your ISP's settings, as Virgin Media is a service provider for the UK.

If not and you are using a personal device, do you have a web filter enabled? If you don't have an account for the software blocking the site to allow connections to the FH login page, contact your ISP or the filter provider about the issue. It may be being blocked because of some popups that the login page has had.

A moderator would also be a good person to ask about potential site issues.

Hopefully you get this fixed soon!
Cheers!
~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves