Author Topic: How to remove preset sync | Chim 101 tutorial  (Read 2062 times)

Offline ideadead

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • https://www.deviantart.com/chiml
    • View Profile
How to remove preset sync | Chim 101 tutorial
« on: February 23, 2019, 12:40:06 pm »

Hello, homies. Welcome to Chimles 101

DISCLAIMER, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE PLEASE DON'T SKIP THIS
I am in no ways a tech. I'm just a young soul that's digging too deep into stuff to find meaning and reasoning behind things that your computer does. I'm a beginner at this stuff but I can pin-point things that are happening with programs. So, please. If I'm wrong about something or if I was blind when I tried to find difference in FH folder files please tell me so. And if what I was doing is kind of illegal or discriminates the creator's work, please tell me that too. I will take this post down without a second thought given.

And please, I am no part of some sort of movement that goes against preset sync. I don't like it and I have stated that fact, but I'm not forcing you all to hate preset sync. As mentioned above, this is something that our staff had given for us. Just for some it doesn't work.

I'm not sure if anyone did this already but I thought I'd join the small squad who openly dislikes Preset Sync.

The whole idea of preset sync is fun and cool. It's like opening your room windows and letting wind scatter beautiful petals from blossoming trees in spring (I'm also poetic whaaat). You get to see the beauty without needing the effort. But with beauty comes the price that I seriously dislike. It's the crashing and small bugs.

I have met more than required number of people, that have constant issues with preset sync, to come to a conclusion that preset sync isn't as pretty as one thinks. A lot of people will disagree with me and that statement. But the reality is that with preset sync you can see only those presets that are uploaded into the website. Of course, you can try your luck by making a downloaded preset work, but it's harder than planting an idea into someone's subconsciousness in the movie 'Inception'. Even if you go from the beginning it is likely that it won't work.

What I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't hate preset sync. By all means, this is what our FH staff had created just for the players to enjoy. I'm just a small rat opening up holes in the wall and ruining the beauty. What I'm offering is a way out if you don't like preset sync. Don't get the wrong idea and spread false truth.

So, let's get to the fun part.

How does preset sync work?
I'm no tech but I aim to become one. So, please, if I'm wrong correct me.

Basically, when I was beginning to look for a solution for those who want preset sync gone, I installed preset sync into an unused FeralHeart folder that I mainly use for testing. When I installed preset sync I found no difference in FH files. I skimmed through them (I don't know if that's legal. Please don't ban me) and they were all the same, so I couldn't understand what exactly does preset sync do to the files. But the party began when I launched FH.

So, when all of you who use preset sync launch your game, you're greeted with double executive files (.exe). This basically means that your single FH.exe file runs two programs once triggered with action. It's like inception, a program inside a program. Like a rat inside a program- it's common. But the thing is, only when the game is launched does preset sync tune into action. I tried to find other affected files within the game files and yet I found none (I'm probably blind).

Preset sync works only when you launch the game itself. It means that preset sync is attached to your FH.exe and it cannot be extracted.

Again, I'm no techy so I hope I don't sound too cringy.

What's the solution?
to completely replace your FH.exe. That's the way that I found that seems to work just fine. My lab rats have all said that preset sync is gone after they replaced their FH.exe file with an old (the one without preset sync attached to the executive) version.

You just gotta move an 'unaffected' FH.exe and replace it with your old one, that has preset sync attached.

Download the safe executive that I have taken from my own clean FH folder

But Chim, how do we know that there are no viruses attached?
Tricky question, but that download is safe. You can always scan the FH.exe that you just downloaded by your antivirus or let Windows Defender do the thing for you.

All rights for the game belong to Feral-Heart staff and the creator of the game.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 02:22:13 pm by Chimmy »

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
Re: How to remove preset sync | Chim 101
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 02:12:19 pm »
Here’s a more “simple” way to remove the PresetSync completely, commented by Morgra a while back:

link

Thank you for the post anyways! I would recommend adding what Morgra said too if you keep the post up. Although this seems more like a commentary post, rather than a tutorial. So I would only suggest that you add the Tutorial part somewhere on the top.
But that’s just my observation and opinion, I don’t mean any harm <3

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline ideadead

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • https://www.deviantart.com/chiml
    • View Profile
Re: How to remove preset sync | Chim 101
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 02:21:23 pm »
Here’s a more “simple” way to remove the PresetSync completely, commented by Morgra a while back:

link

Thank you for the post anyways! I would recommend adding what Morgra said too if you keep the post up. Although this seems more like a commentary post, rather than a tutorial. So I would only suggest that you add the Tutorial part somewhere on the top.
But that’s just my observation and opinion, I don’t mean any harm <3

I just read what Morgra wrote and it's basically the same thing. Move and replace FH.exe with uninstall executives as well. Thanks for the notice tho, I'll fix the title of the thread.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: How to remove preset sync | Chim 101 tutorial
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 05:13:17 pm »
Thank you for this tutorial, floof. This was very kind and generous of you to put together and I am sure it will be of use to many. <3
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: How to remove preset sync | Chim 101 tutorial
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 09:09:41 pm »
Ahh, a nice tutorial indeed! Looks like you put care into this, I like it x) Thank you for sharing this with us!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort