Author Topic: Information Thread Regarding Server Inactivity And Recent Events  (Read 100662 times)

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Information Thread Regarding Server Inactivity And Recent Events
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 12:53:22 am »
Can you guys at least patch the login tab so that it doesn't constantly time out? Because everyone seems to be complaining about it the most. Intact, theres a thread dedicated to that issue. I think once that issue is addressed, I think people will be less frustrated with this new login system.
As far as I know, they're still working on this. There are still a lot of things to be worked through and looked at.
I'm not sure why, but only some people have this issue, while others have no problem at all.
RETIRED.

Offline StrikeHedgehog

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Shiro Kibo- The 9 year old, hyperactive Unique
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 12:54:48 am »
Can you guys at least patch the login tab so that it doesn't constantly time out? Because everyone seems to be complaining about it the most. Intact, theres a thread dedicated to that issue. I think once that issue is addressed, I think people will be less frustrated with this new login system.
As far as I know, they're still working on this. There are still a lot of things to be worked through and looked at.
I'm not sure why, but only some people have this issue, while others have no problem at all.
I think its the proxy thing that causes some people to not experience the time out.
~Knowing what your weakness is can be your greatest asset.

C.E

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 12:56:06 am »
Also do keep in mind that this is not a help thread, most help threads made will be seen by someone and if it's a problem that can be sorted it will.

Please try to user firefox browser since it has been proven to work the best if you have issues, and do not diddle with any settings regarding the connection to the internet. The only reason we are aware of right now causing people to disconnect, is due to their browser not using the page as they should and refreshing by itself.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline StrikeHedgehog

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Shiro Kibo- The 9 year old, hyperactive Unique
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 12:57:40 am »
Also do keep in mind that this is not a help thread, most help threads made will be seen by someone and if it's a problem that can be sorted it will.

Please try to user firefox browser since it has been proven to work the best if you have issues, and do not diddle with any settings regarding the connection to the internet.
Ok. Thanks for the tip. Thanks for keeping FeralHeart alive.
~Knowing what your weakness is can be your greatest asset.

C.E

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 01:00:30 am »
No worries and good luck.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 01:07:43 am »
Thankies f'er the most desired update Red! Very happy to still 'ave FeralHeart up n'running. A thank ye to all the staff and especially to Raz f'er working so diligently to get this situation solved.

On a side note, if 'tis really possible that they used the source code to hack into the game, do ye think there will be any way to retrieve it? Or is this just one of the possible ways one could hack the server?

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline LupusK

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • My desire to inspire
    • LupusKing
    • View Profile
    • Read my stories
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 01:34:02 am »
My biggest concern being is if Feral-heart continues to get attacked, will you be forced to close it down for good? I'd hate for that to happen for many reason and one of them is to escape reality to just relax and take a load off. The game means a lot to me and it sucks to see it abused like this. I'm happy to see the staff working their fluffy butts off to make it accessible for the users and I speak for myself when I say I appreciate it. I hope everything works out in the end and I'd hate to see FH be shut down over hacks and abuse.
Stay furry,
LK
Feedback is a blessing.

Good feedback is encouragement.
Bad Feedback is motivation.

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 01:39:21 am »
Feral Heart will not be shutting down any time soon, those are rumors that were falsely started after the server was down for security measures and so on. The staff are working hard to keep the game running smoothly, and will for a long time. No reason FH should shut down any time soon.

Hopefully this cleared a bit up for ya~

As for the post, thank you for this Red. Let's hope the new security measures work for the long run. I hope all is well on your end~ Will be watching for those characters closely.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Life

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 02:12:57 am »
I don't usually post on the forums and what not. But There is a few things i'm concerned about. However I do think a thanks is in order first.

Thank you everyone in the staff for shutting down the servers when it seemed the best time and for preventing the hackers from getting into more mischief at the time. That in all honesty was the best choice and a good decision anyone could do. Also Would like to thank you all for coming up with this solution even if it's a bit worrisome.

As for concerns. If these hackers indeed got the source code and used it to manipulate the game in any way. Then perhaps it would be best to let Kovu know, as he was supposed to be the only few that should know it. (I am unsure if he's been in contact with the staff or not. If not I apologize for my lack of information though still suggest sending an email to him anyway.) I, for one am hoping it was just a bug the hackers exploited. Because if they do have the code then it would not bode well for this game. Second the way this solution was made makes me uneasy. Is this page safe to keep up? And will it be safe-ish from hackers? Because they way it's used makes one think that a hacker could get user information from this. However maybe that's just me being a worry wort.

Anyway now that the concerns are out there. I'm very happy and grateful for all the work the staff puts in. I do wish I could make my concerns more detailed though I find myself unable to do so. ^^; So with that I'll thank the staff again for all the work they put into this and hope that this event will be the last of it's kind.

Offline [N]everEnding.

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Just your everyday Nevsel in distress.
    • Sta_Choo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 02:31:09 am »
Thank you for the information, Red.~ It's nice to know that all of our account info is safe, and wasn't breached in to. However, they did find a way to hack into my account--with ease. None of my information (password) was given out to them.--so just to keep it safe, I changed my password so my account, hopefully, won't be hacked into again.--but anywho, moving away from all of that... thank you to you, Raz, Allegra, and the other staffers for trying your best to make the security of the game more secure.~

In-Game User(s): [N]everEnding.
Discord: Nev#0953