Author Topic: Patch 1.17: Some things are better kept secret...  (Read 57197 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Patch 1.17: Some things are better kept secret...
« on: July 24, 2017, 08:21:41 pm »

Until now!

With great excitement we present you with the FeralHeart patch 1.17! This isn’t the only big news though... Thanks to the assistance of an old community contact who wishes to remain anonymous, we have attained the source code. You read that right! For those who may be unaware or just joining the fun now, the game’s code hasn’t been modified since 2011. In the years since, the FeralHeart community has remained loyal, hopeful, and strong throughout the ups and downs, and so it is with great joy that we can finally reveal this great news with you all. As we take this next step forward in Feral Heart’s development we staff want to take a moment to thank all of those who faithfully stuck through with Feral Heart through out the years.

We want you to know that we'll be continuously updating and building Feral Heart not just for you but with you. Please let us know if you have any feedback and report bugs as you see them! Bug reports can be submitted HERE

Now with all this said let’s get down to the details!

A New Character Joins the FH Staff Roster:

I’m very pleased to announce that xSpirit has joined us as a programmer on Feral Heart. They’re a passionate and skilled coder and it’s been an immense pleasure working with them since they came aboard on the project. xSpirit is very determined to improve the game to better enhance the fun of the experience for everyone. Feral Heart is lucky to have them. Be sure to give them a nice warm welcome and plenty floofs for all their tireless efforts. If it wasn’t for all their hard work we wouldn’t have this lovely update to share with you all!

xSpirit’s Change Log for Patch 1.17 (With Rain Comes Rainbows):

• Tail size slider option added: The ability was always there to modify your characters' size, but there remained one body part which was awfully lacking in size variation... The tail! From now on you can set the size of each character's tail making them more customizable. Small tail, or big tail, it's your choice!

• Individual color selection option for markings, manes, & tufts added: Markings, manes, and tufts now have their own separate independent color selectors. Head, body, and tail markings no longer are confined to one color choice and manes can be an entirely separate color from tufts. Sparkle dogs & cats alike can now level up their colorfulness... Feel the rainbow taste the rainbow.

• New Custom Emote slider added: Character expressions can now be even more personalized. With the emote slider you have the option to combine and contort your character’s face to all new fun expressions.

• Pointer toggle option added: You can disable the pointer from within the settings menu. Clicking on the ground to move your character is now optional. No more characters getting the zoomies while tabbed! (To close the tracker you simply have to click on the player again.)
  • Feline tailless option fixed: Made the feline "Tailless" really tailless.
  • New default resolution & slight changes to resolution options: The default resolution has been changed to 1024 x 768 instead of 800 x 600 because c'mon we live in the age of big screens, we can have a bigger FH :)
  • Umibozu removed?

Video Showcase of the Update
    Click Here to Watch!

Road Map for the Foreseeable Future?:

We want you to know that this is just the beginning because there are a lot of bigger things on the way! In fact there are some “breadcrumbs" of a new upcoming unfinished WIP feature already in the game. Can you find them? (Tip: Join a party!) ;)

Lastly as excited as we all are for this upcoming progress just remember to be patient and mindful that all good things come in due time. The span between patches will vary greatly as these things are dependent on multiple variables such as our programmers’ availability, abilities, resources, time, etc. In an ideal world we’d love to roll out exciting new patches frequently but we must be practical and accept that this can’t always be done. Keep in mind that some patches will focus more on improving game stability and function and or tackling bugs etc. Thank you for your understanding <3

Download:

The world of Feral Heart just got a little more colorful!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 06:57:38 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Patch 1.17: Some things are better kept secret...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 09:30:02 pm »
Can’t wait for what the future brings on FH  <3

Just keep in mind that while Raz tries to set things up things might be a bit buggy but they’re working on getting it up right.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 02:58:17 pm by LordSuragaha »

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 03:06:52 pm »

I am incredibly excited to see what the future holds for FH!

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 03:07:45 pm »
This is truly so very exciting! Thank you all so much for your hard work. Congratulations to xSpirit as well!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline heartbeat

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 03:10:14 pm »
sadly this edit has truly destroyed the game within this new update, Tails look weird, Lengths and all make you look odd and above all when editing an existing character that had its colors messed up or even attempting to make a new one, when finishing its design colors up mostly on the body and tail markings when you click ok the markings change themself and will not go and stay on the color you selected
Like for a body on one of mine i put a rusty blue color and for its tail i put neon blue, when clicking ok they both shoved themself onto a set rusty blue color and for the life of me i CANNOT get it to change.
Not to mention the mini map has been changed to the other side of the screen which is bugging me as now my chat covers it and i can't view where my friends are
im very upset with this update already
I am however happy to hear the code has been handed over to make feralheart better in the future with hope

Offline chokko

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • hi
    • catlovesflowers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 03:10:18 pm »
It is a good update !!
Though maybe could have tested it more before actually launching it?
Just an opinion

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 03:12:54 pm »
Thank you to those who've stayed, and hoped. Your faith has been our fuel to continue and finally reach this peak.
Enjoy.~

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 03:13:28 pm »
sadly this edit has truly destroyed the game within this new update

I have little room to speak on this, but this is an incredibly degrading comment. It is obvious it will be rough for a while in order to adjust all characters to their original defaults and there will be bugs that will need to be squashed. Just give it a lil bit of time, I am positive things will get better.

illogicalFish

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 03:14:17 pm »
It is a good update !!
Though maybe could have tested it more before actually launching it?
Just an opinion

BirdieBeep

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 03:14:56 pm »