Community > Introduction

a stranger in a strange land

(1/2) > >>

Fearo:
Hello there, I am a long-time player. Joined in Aug. 2012. I have really great memories from this realm and always enjoyed my time in the many worlds. I decided to hop back in FH after it crossing the mind here and there. I have a special place in my heart for games like this. About 3 months ago I installed and took a stroll around Active Worlds. With only about 30 users on at any given time. A friend was explaining how "dead MMOs" felt eerie. I never thought that- if anything it's a little less overwhelming. And regardless of player count I still like to walk around, hang out and explore. Also having precious memories in this game feels almost like revisiting an old house you used to live in. I often go, "Oh yeah! This is where my friends and I hung out!"
I took the extra time tonight to install and figure everything out. I FINALLY got into the game.
 Oh the days of 100+ users online, the grounds full of RPs and groups. I was always a lone player, more lurking and watching others roleplay as so many were creative and intriguing. Most of my interactions were fleeting and in passing. But that's okay, too. I still made some grounded memories here. I have to give thanks to FH for allowing me to reminisce here and the many friends who I interacted with. Oh man isn't it kind of heart-breaking in a way to see the old usernames of your friends list who probably havent logged on in forever? I imagine how many thought the same of me during my YEARS of hiatus.

Regardless, I would like to re-introduce myself. Although never very active on the forums nor in any guild/clan/group I just want to make my presence known as I wander around. I enjoy exploring and have been surprised with some new things I didn't know were added! Like the new home world, er- lonely cave? Anyways. Call me Fearo, always been my user and in-game name. If you see me around don't be shy. Though not much of a talker we can rummage around together and perhaps you all can show me some portals I didn't know existed!

So glad this place is still here.

Oddonelynx:
H4ll0 welcome back.
Lonely Cave was actually added around 2012 IIRC!

Fearo:

--- Quote from: Oddonelynx on November 01, 2023, 09:13:36 pm ---H4ll0 welcome back.
Lonely Cave was actually added around 2012 IIRC!

--- End quote ---

Thanks so much! It's nice to be back. I haven't logged on in so long. Oh yeah, the remake of lonely cave I'm sure I was still playing then. I remember a specific map called Acension Island (Isle?) and it was my absolute favorite map! I was scanning the forums and saw that there used to be race events held on that map. Oh maaaan, I wish I was active during that time because I LOOOVED just wasting time there and climbing to the top - I believe I was pretty quick with it :')

Where does everyone hang out nowadays? I've been lurking around the grounds and I see some folks around but I've been too shy to approach or interact. Custom maps? I was never a custom skin/preset/map user - always just played everything with base game stuff. Always been a vanilla kinda person. But I'll see around 10-20 players online and I'm wondering where everyone is! There was a user that posted a map locations tutorial in the forums a year ago and that came in handy. But I'd be happy to download a custom map if anyone would like a new member or fuzzybutt to hang out with.

Haven't RP'd in years but while lurking around I've kind of missed it and seeing the old OCs I made makes me smile. Fun memories.

Saboomba:
Hi there! I know things aren't real active these days, but you'll probably come across a few people here and there. I play every so often, just not as much as I used to. I usually find people in The Grounds, but I think they're often in custom maps too. If you ever catch me in game, I'd love to show you around. There's lots of fun things to see! I enjoy rping too and am kind of sad there's not usually anyone to do it with.

Azurain:
Welcome back! It is a bit slow but for some reason I find it peaceful sometimes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version