Author Topic: Bring back old FH!! PLEASE READ!!  (Read 6639 times)

Offline serenityrose

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I love fox girls!!
    • View Profile
Bring back old FH!! PLEASE READ!!
« on: April 08, 2018, 05:24:04 pm »
I recently had a talk with the older members of FH and we've decided to give this a try. Could we have the old FH back? With the South Pole and Bonfire Island? I mean I think im allowed to state my opinion here and I wish to not hurt people feeling but only to spread the truth and I know most people agree. So hear me out..This FeralHeart sucks and you know it does XD So many of the wonderful things have disappeared with this update. I know most people have left this game for a while and come back to being disappointed. I know we can download the old maps but its not the same because its not on the main server. Everyone should see the beauty in the previous maps. Anyways, I will always love FH even in its most garbage times. Only bc of the awesome people!! So Admins take this into consideration~ Peace =^w^=

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring back old FH!! PLEASE READ!!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 05:49:49 pm »
Ah It's always okay to say your opinion as long as It's not rude and hurting anyone's feelings.
I was thinking If I should reply to your post or not, but I decided to do so. Mainly because there's a lot that I want to say but I don't know how since there is a lot of things.

I don't think that you or those people actually miss the old maps. I feel like you guys (and more members of the community who weren't involved in the discussion earlier today on FeralHeart) miss the community and people more than they actually miss old maps. I can't say that I agree with bringing back the old maps. They didn't have any details, no objects and no sense. You see, all new maps are now connected and form a nice little online 'World'. Like a map. 'You go north, you end up north', as Red said earlier today. You didn't have that in old maps. It just teleported you. I do love old maps, but only because of the memories. I know how you guys feel, I also miss the old FeralHeart sometimes. But why don't you try to look on the bright side of the update? You got so many new maps! I mean, imagine if they all got deleted. People wouldn't be happy either. You can't make anyone happy. Also, the huge work would just end up in trash if new maps got deleted. It would be a STEP BACK. If old maps are to be brought back and new ones deleted, I believe that even more users would quit FeralHeart. This game needed the update! I saw people quit FeralHeart before the update, more than they do now. I might be wrong, but that's just how I see it. Saying that 'This Feral Heart sucks' is not very nice and doesn't add up to what you said about stating your opinion and not hurting anyone's feelings. Well you did hurt feelings of people who worked hard to create new maps, who took time and effort. I mean, imagine how long it takes to create such detailed worlds! Especially if you have a job or school/college.I don't think that you or those people understand how much these guys worked, just to make YOUR experience in FeralHeart better! People started to complain about FeralHeart ''dying'' ever since Kovu left! Is it dead yet? I think not.
The new update is coming really soon, and yes more people might leave after the new update, but that doesn't mean new members won't arrive! A SNOW map is coming! You wanted SouthPole map? Well you will get something like that, just upgraded and with more objects. Sneak peeks of the new update are also coming in very soon, as the Staff has said. Try to be happy about that! You will have so much more to explore.' Anyways, I will always love FH even in its most garbage times.' If you think that It's ''garbage'', then why don't you leave? It's very rude to call a game garbage, a game that you play!

That's it from me, I wasn't arguing here, I just wanted to respond to your thread ^^ Peace!

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 06:18:09 pm »
Moving this over to game opinions/ideas

You're always welcome to share your opinion with us as long as it's constructive ^^ We read what players have to say

"Bring back old FH" is certainly not a new suggestion as the 1.15 patch in 2016 has been rejected by many users since the very day of its release. That update took three years to craft; everything that was put into the game had so much thought and discussion tied to it. Everything was made to be functional for not only the users, but the server itself. The game's old maps put so much heavy strain onto the server, especially heavily-populated maps such as Fluorite Plains and Bonfire Island. Not only that but Fluorite was way too big for its own good. Keep in mind also that the server is funded only through the ads you see here on the site, and we have to make do with what we have
The new patch is coming soon, and you might be surprised to find that it may please you c; A snow map is coming too, and trust me it is gorgeous and holds many unique surprises. That one preview screenshot that we posted does no justice for it really

Thanks for sharing your opinion!
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 06:55:28 pm »
We're glad you felt open to sharing your opinion with us all. However, please me more constructive and considerate of those who worked hard on the patch. There was a lot of thought and love put into Patch 1.15 and calling it part of FeralHeart's garbage times or saying that it sucks isn't a very productive or meaningful way to have your opinion be heard and considered.

I'm a long time member of FeralHeart, joining the staff team after this patch's release in 2016. Like most players, after patch 1.15's release, there were times when I missed the old maps and wondered why they were taken out. The old maps had been a part of FeralHeart since the very beginning and had a place in all of our hearts. However, I was never truly against the new update either. I have a love for the current maps as well. Knowing how much time and effort was put into the patch and hearing stories from other members of staff has really altered my perception of it all. If you really take a step back and compare the old maps to the new maps, you can clearly see the difference in detail. The new maps were carefully thought out and adjusted to give the game some new "life" that the game needed. Whereas the old maps, while we still love them, were far less detailed. A lot of the land was just left bare and there was no logical layout to them. They really were not the best representation of the game's map creation capabilities.

As Kiki stated, we do have an upcoming patch that we have put a lot of time and thought into. Staff knows that this game needs to move forward from this and progress, so we are going to make that happen. We have taken into consideration what the community is feeling when creating this future patch. We are all super excited to show FeralHeart what we have been working on and show them new realms and lands they will hopefully love and adore.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline serenityrose

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I love fox girls!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 07:03:17 pm »
KikioryLandia and Valar.Morghulis and Morgra, thank you so much for taking the time to read what I have said! <3

@Valar.Morghulis and Morgra, I appreciate what you said! And you're very true. I have faith in the production of FH and hopefully it will bring amazing ideas! Seeing what you have said made me see a whole other side of things. I guess it is the community and the people that people miss haha I totally get you there. I'm very glad we could reason with each other and I do apologize to the creators for what I have said as I know they do work very hard. I should have worded myself better. Like I said, I did not want to hurt anyones feelings. Phew ^^'

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 07:13:52 pm »
@serenityrose

You can check out the sneak peek of the map here - 2017 Years End Update Thread
I got so excited when I first saw it!

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Michen_S

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • michensneeuwhart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 10:38:49 pm »
I don't know how the community was back in the 1.13 days, so I can't say much about that. However, if you want to, someone remade the 1.13 maps so you can download it for the sake of nostalgia. Here's the link to the thread. Do note that if you miss the old community, you might find it unsatisfying as there often aren't many people over there.

Offline BlueMuzzleFlash

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 01:00:30 am »
The original maps were quite memorable, but they failed to follow basic level design principles. It'd be more ideal if they were re-imagined instead of being carelessly brought back.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 02:01:51 am »
The original maps were quite memorable, but they failed to follow basic level design principles. It'd be more ideal if they were re-imagined instead of being carelessly brought back.

110% agree with this right here.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 03:43:07 am »
I couldn't agree more.

Here's my opinion on the old maps:
Back when I didn't know I could press E=Screenshot, I got frustrated every time I fell from old Bonfire's cliff because I had to run all the way around to get to the ramp that leads to it.
I also got frustrated that I had to cross what felt like an ocean to reach the island in Flourite.
And I was frustrated that I had to travel so far through old Ficho to reach anything.
Also frustrating me was the waterfall preventing me from getting back from Flourite Plains if I change my mind halfway through the tunnel.

With no details to take my mind off of the trek, focusing on only the journey made the travelling feel more like it took a really long time.

The new maps are a big improvement, because:
I don't get frustrated moving through new Ficho because there's many objects and details to see along the way, the walk through old Ficho looked plain and was boring because it felt like old Ficho was just an obstacle. Old Bonfire was also so plain that running through it felt like it took ages. And I never ran to the far corners of Flourite before the update, I didn't feel I had the time to do that.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 06:05:04 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.