Game & Forum Discussion > Game Discussion

Old Feral Heart? A reflection on a reoccurring topic.

<< < (2/2)

Oddonelynx:
I agree with this thread. I am apart of the new generation of FH players, yet I am still aware of General and all the old maps too. Back in 2018, I joined expecting to see Bonfire Island and all that other stuff, just to find out all of it was gone. Thank you for making this thread

turtlies:
This is a really fair thread to make, and I completely agree with all your points. I was definitely someone who wanted the old maps and all the old features back before, but the entire idea of Feralheart being a product of its time is really important to bring up.

I just don't see that culture that was prevalent back then making much of a resurgence---the whole "random XD rawr" humor and blind friendliness of the internet back then just isn't something I see around as much anymore, which are some traits I kinda associate with peak FH and my childhood. I personally wouldn't find myself suddenly jumping into silly roleplays with strangers like I did before just because of the old maps returning. Things seem a lot more cynical overall nowadays, though to be fair I don't really spend as much time on FH or spaces geared more towards kids/preteens, so I don't know for sure what sites the younger kiddos are going on or will be nostalgic for 5 years, but this is just based on what I've observed.

I'm aware the circumstances are tricky so I don't blame the staff, but if future updates for FH were more concrete and people were aware of what was happening and if it was happening, it might be easier to move forward rather than spending all the time wishing for the past. Either way, it sucks I can never truly experience the feeling of people-watching in Bonfire or hanging out at the N/Z rock in Fluorite again--the old maps may be accessible but they're not populated--but it might not be bad for those to just exist as fond memories.

Morqque:
I'm glad you made this thread, Sura. As it sheds some more light and clarifies a lot of questions users like myself have had over the past few years. I've been here since 2012 as well and hold the old maps dear to my heart - but they certainly where lastluster and empty, so I completely agree with other members statements. And if I remember, even during those years it was a common complaint?
I think I might have been blind to it until you brought up the point that the maps where empty even before the overhaul. FH in 2014 was nothing like it was in 2012. I dunno.
Honestly, after opening my mind to it and exploring a bit more - I do like the new maps. But what I don't like is how inactive they are and how inactive FH as a whole is. There may come a time Eastern pass is our new flourite plains. Who knows?

Kuri:
People tell me they miss them.  I ask what they miss most.  Most commonly they tell me, the things they did.
So it wasn't the places as much as the people.
Then i explain, they can have those again.  But because the game was 99% user driven, they'd have to be the ones to be what they want to see & people with similar interests would follow.
So basically be the cat you want to see in the world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version