Author Topic: Can't connect to front server?  (Read 2564 times)

Offline NorthWinds

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Can't connect to front server?
« on: October 14, 2018, 05:39:32 am »
I've been trying for hours to play FH, but I keep getting the same problem.
I searched for similar problems but they were all resolved, and those processes didn't work for me. :(

Also, I do have the login page open and maximized when I start the game.
But when I try to login to the game itself, it keeps doing this:

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: Can't connect to front server?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 05:44:53 am »
Hello! This is quite common. There are a few things to try if you haven't already:

1.) How is your internet speeds?
2.) You can try logging on with another browser if you haven't already.
3.) Be sure to also disable any proxies on your browser, these can mess with it.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline NorthWinds

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 05:52:34 am »
Hello! This is quite common. There are a few things to try if you haven't already:

1.) How is your internet speeds?
2.) You can try logging on with another browser if you haven't already.
3.) Be sure to also disable any proxies on your browser, these can mess with it.

My internet speeds are quite normal, everything else runs at optimal speed anyway.
I've tried my other browsers too, and nothing has changed there. Also, what's a proxy?

PocketMutt

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 06:02:08 am »
Could you list the different solutions you attempted ? I'm not sure what you have and haven't tried but you can try checking to see if your firewall is blocking anything. Also, (as Esarosa mentioned) you might have a proxy that is causing connection issue. If you're unsure that you have a proxy running you can follow these steps to find out:

1. Go to https://feral-heart.com/myip/
This will show you the IP address that you're connecting to the panel with.
2. Then, download this: http://www.feral-heart.com/myip.zip
Go ahead and run it and see if the IP address it gives you matches with the one from before.
3. If these two do not match then you are probably running a proxy in your browser and you will need to disable it.

Edit: A proxy acts as a third party and makes the IP address of your browser different from the IP address that is connecting to the game client. It is primarily used as a tool to help protect information.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 06:08:31 am by PocketMutt »

Offline NorthWinds

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 06:30:22 am »
Could you list the different solutions you attempted ? I'm not sure what you have and haven't tried but you can try checking to see if your firewall is blocking anything. Also, (as Esarosa mentioned) you might have a proxy that is causing connection issue. If you're unsure that you have a proxy running you can follow these steps to find out:

1. Go to https://feral-heart.com/myip/
This will show you the IP address that you're connecting to the panel with.
2. Then, download this: http://www.feral-heart.com/myip.zip
Go ahead and run it and see if the IP address it gives you matches with the one from before.
3. If these two do not match then you are probably running a proxy in your browser and you will need to disable it.

Edit: A proxy acts as a third party and makes the IP address of your browser different from the IP address that is connecting to the game client. It is primarily used as a tool to help protect information.

So far I've tried changing browsers, logging out/in, checking my network speeds, turning off all ad/content blockers, and refreshing the login page and game login. Nothing's worked yet.

Okay, so I tried what you said, and the two IPs are different. How do I go about disabling the proxy? I don't even know how one was enabled in the first place?

PocketMutt

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 07:26:39 am »
So far I've tried changing browsers, logging out/in, checking my network speeds, turning off all ad/content blockers, and refreshing the login page and game login. Nothing's worked yet.

Okay, so I tried what you said, and the two IPs are different. How do I go about disabling the proxy? I don't even know how one was enabled in the first place?

It depends on the browser you are using so here's a link that goes through how to disable a proxy with different browsers:
https://www.enigmasoftware.com/how-to-disable-proxy-settings-browser/

Let me know if this helps !

Offline NorthWinds

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 07:35:13 am »

It depends on the browser you are using so here's a link that goes through how to disable a proxy with different browsers:
https://www.enigmasoftware.com/how-to-disable-proxy-settings-browser/

Let me know if this helps !

Hmm..I use Chrome, and it says there is no proxy enabled by default, or at all.

Calvary

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 06:09:15 pm »
If you can, try enabling the proxy, and then disable it.

After that, if you could, try restarting your router and then log into the game.
I'm not sure if it'll work, but it is worth a try!

If not, I will try and find more solutions.

Offline NorthWinds

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 07:03:11 pm »
If you can, try enabling the proxy, and then disable it.

After that, if you could, try restarting your router and then log into the game.
I'm not sure if it'll work, but it is worth a try!

If not, I will try and find more solutions.
I tried it and still got the same result. Do you think the type of internet I'm using is the problem? I'm currently trying to play on my mobile hotspot (which I'm sure is supposed to work the same?)

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2018, 07:07:10 pm »
I tried it and still got the same result. Do you think the type of internet I'm using is the problem? I'm currently trying to play on my mobile hotspot (which I'm sure is supposed to work the same?)

Popping in here --

I do know mobile hotspots do not have the same strength per say as an actual router, and that can be the cause of failing to connect to the front server. I also believe the log in page has to be open on the same device that is running your game as well though I could be wrong.
not active here anymore ♡