Author Topic: [TUTORIAL] How to play FeralHeart on your tablet and large mobile android device  (Read 8544 times)

alleyeevee

I know some of you aren't very tech savvy, so I will do this step by step with pictures. This will be achieved via remote desktop. I will teach you how to set this up.

For those of you that can't set this up, I will have a server set up in a few months you can use, PM me.

You will need:
1. Android device, or one of the recently released amazon fire tablets. These run a modified version of android. You will need to install google play on this, which can be done very easily with http://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/general/root-fire-5th-gen-autoroot-script-noob-t3276923
2. Computer that can be left on and connected to an internet router
Things that are good to know:

1. You will need to set up another user account on your computer with feralheart. This is so the account you log on to via remote desktop with your android device does not disturb the current user that is using the computer.

Steps:

1. Download the "Microsoft Remote Desktop" (Offical app published by Microsoft Corporation) in the Google Play Store.
2. Open up the Control Panel and click on the "User Accounts" link, then clicking on "User Accounts" again.
3. From here, create a new user account. For example, the username "Remote" and the password "Feralheart"
4. Go back to the first screen in the control panel. Click on the title "System and Security", then click the "System" header.
5. In the left side bar, open/click on "Advanced System Settings." A dialogue box will open.
6. Click on the remote tab, check "Allow Remote Access" and click okay.
7. Open CMD, type ipconfig, and open your app on your tablet.
8. Type the numbers "192.168.x.x" beside IPv4 Address into the IP adress field
9. Click connect and login to your computer, and launch FH!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 05:34:39 pm by Jordan »

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
This is a neat little tutorial, floof, but I believe that it belongs here, as it's a Tutorial, and not necessarily a topic for discussion:

Member Made Tutorials

In the meantime, however, I tried this out when I first received my tablet. It does work, but only if you have a device with a bluetooth and/or connected keyboard to it. Still, it is pretty darn cool to access FH via tablet, though I'd rather go laptop style.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 07:55:14 am by .Edolicious. »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

alleyeevee

Have you tried the soft arrow buttons on the small bar at the bottom ? I do recommend this with a Bluetooth keyboard, although a 75 cent USB OTG cable found off eBay works as great and cheaper. Thanks for trying it out. ^^

Note to windows 10 home users, microsoft seems to have removed remote desktop server service in this version of windows, so you'll have to install it from Microsoft's website.

Preach

Can i use it witg Galaxy Edge or no?

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Moving this to the Member Made Tutorials>>Miscellaneous board so that users will know that this is a guide to playing the game.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Gyah!! I knew there was a way to play FH on the go! I find this very fascinating and helpful, but sadly I do not own any android or fire tablets. Thankies f'er the tutorial. +floof

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

alleyeevee

Can i use it witg Galaxy Edge or no?

Yep! That is a very high end device, it would handle it without a problem!

alleyeevee

Moving this to the Member Made Tutorials>>Miscellaneous board so that users will know that this is a guide to playing the game.

Thanks! Happy holidays! :3