Author Topic: Having Mediafire trouble? I may have a solution!  (Read 4623 times)

ArcticGalaxy

Having Mediafire trouble? I may have a solution!
« on: August 06, 2016, 12:01:23 am »
Do you have issues downloading from Mediafire? Does it just refresh after hitting the download button? Are you about to just go insane and chuck your computer across the room? Well, weary floof, I may have your solution right here!!!!

Mediafire has a thing on some internet providers where it is not compatiable with the "Web Acceleration"

"But Arctic...how in the world do I fix that?"

Well child, allow me to explain with a few pictures! 8D

First of all, this is only for Hughesnet users (Dishnet works too) Not positive for any other provider, but you can try this if you need too!

First of all, go to systemcontrolcenter.com and it should automatically take you to your page like this. (It will be your own modem, nothing else is needed. How easy is that?) It should look something like this:

What is circled is what is important. Alrighty, got it? Onto the next step!

Now, you see the thingy where it says "Web Acceleration?"Well, click on that and it should do this:

You're gonna click "Control" and it should take you onto the next step.

It should now look like this:

Ok, that box should ALWAYS stay check marked UNLESS you are downloading from Mediafire. Only during the download should that box be unchecked. Un checking that box just slows down your overall internet performance. But, it allows Mediafire to download to your computer as normal! After you are done downloading, just check the box again and go on your merry little way. (It has to be AFTER the download is finished, not during. I tried that and it immediately stopped the download.)

And that is all there is to it! It's truly a lifesaver here! I really hope this help a lot of people!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:03:24 am by ArcticGalaxy »

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
Re: Having Mediafire trouble? I may have a solution!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 12:25:24 am »
If I have trouble with media fire I will be sure to use this. :3 Thank you for making this tutorial.

Offline {CosmicGhost}

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 03:14:14 am »
I tried to do this but your working with Dish net. You dont have any Hues net pictures so I will show you. I went to my control system and this page came up.

I dont see Web Acceleration anywhere.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 03:29:24 am »
I tried to do this but your working with Dish net. You dont have any Hues net pictures so I will show you. I went to my control system and this page came up.

I dont see Web Acceleration anywhere.

I can't see the picture fluff. Try using Imgur for pictures. (Tinypic doesn't work on the forums anymore)

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 09:30:25 am »
Even though I have no issues with MediaFire, if one ever pops up I'll definitely refer back to this thread for guidance. Thanks for sharing this with the community, Nanny!

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 09:32:30 am »
Even though I have no issues with MediaFire, if one ever pops up I'll definitely refer back to this thread for guidance. Thanks for sharing this with the community, Nanny!

Thank you for taking the time to look through it! ^^

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 11:22:35 am »
Thanks for putting this together Arctic<3 Gonna come in lots of handy, mediafire can always be a bit difficult xD
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline {CosmicGhost}

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 02:13:09 am »
You have to sign up and all that just to send a pic, honestly I dont feel like joining more websites... Any other alternatives..?

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 02:32:01 am »
You have to sign up and all that just to send a pic, honestly I dont feel like joining more websites... Any other alternatives..?

You don't have to sign up for Imgur. There should be a green button at the top that says new post and you'll be set.

Offline cytofin

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • cytofin
    • teahsu
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt/Contact
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 06:07:19 pm »
How does one find/operate this on the Hughesnet website?