Author Topic: Freak's Guide To Issues: Connections, Glitches, etc  (Read 4705 times)

Offline FreakAccident

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • http://tophatlady.deviantart.com
    • TortDoll
    • FilthyDrood
    • View Profile
    • Primitive Call
Freak's Guide To Issues: Connections, Glitches, etc
« on: June 27, 2016, 07:45:50 pm »
Hey guys. I keep seeing so many complaints about the game not wanting to connect, or glitches, all that fun stuff.
I figured I'd tell you how to fix these issues.

First, you must understand with connection issues it could also be your internet. Be sure to close out your login page and FeralHeart before doing any of these steps. When you are clearing your browsing data - try closing out of your browser then re-opening.

1Q: My login page is up, and fine, but my game just won't let me connect.... why?!

1A: Are you using Chrome? Try a different browser, even IE (internet Explorer). If this does not cure it, here are a few things that might help...

1: Go to your Chrome Settings and delete your cache, history, and cookies, try deleting it about a weeks time or a months.

1AExplination: Why would this help? Your browser may be pretty full, cookies and "cache" are saved data (such as your auto-fill in when you login to places, notice how it already knows your info?). FeralHeart (site) will/can store information on your browser and with all the cookies (the refreshing, etc) it does, it might need a good cleaning!

2Q: I did that, and it's still not working! Help?!

2A: Well darn! Never fret though, here we are going to try something a bit more... "complicated". You're going to 'flush' your DNS. I'll explain more on what that is in a moment!
** BE SURE YOUR FERALHEART LOGIN AND GAME ARE CLOSED.

2A

WINDOWS 10
- Right click on your 'Start' menu, that little flag. Now open "Command Prompt (Admin)". It is important that you open it as an ADMIN, if you share your computer, be sure your parents are standing by to give you their password (or if you know it, type that in!).

Got it? Awesome! We're already almost done. Now, type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press enter. You're all done! Once it says "Successfully flushed" (or any variation to that), you're done and you can exit! Test it out.  ;)

WINDOWS 8
- Type "cmd" into your search bar, you can also do this by clicking the little windows "flag" in the corner of your screen and under the search type "cmd", otherwise follow the image below. Once you see "Command Prompt" right click and "open as an Administrator", again, if you do not have Admin permissions, have the Admin (or computer owner's) password handy!

The Command Prompt will open up for you, now just type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter. You're all done! Once it says "Successfully flushed" (or any variation to that), you're done and you can exit! Test it out.  ;)

MAC
- YES there is a Mac tutorial for you guys! Unfortunately this one is not as detailed (I am not a Mac user), however there is an image for you to follow, still!

2AExplination: DNS is the Domain Name System. DNS servers convert a domain name (such as feral-heart.com) into an IP address (in this case yours, something like 123.4.56.78). The mapping of names to numbers can change from time to time. Your computer holds a record of DNS entries to save time from looking them up every time. This is your DNS cache. You can delete those records (flush the cache) any time you like, and it's probably best you do it once and a while (clearing all cache for that matter!).

3Q: WHY ISN'T IT WORKING, STILL?!
3A: Could be a number of things! Be sure any ad-blockers are not interfering (try disabling your Ad-Blocker for a second, now go back to your FeralHeart login and try it out!). Perhaps your parents have your computer all secure and what not? Ask them about that and to allow "good data flow" from the FeralHeart login page. Nothing working? Try restarting your router! Ask your parents if you are unsure how, if you don't live with your parents then go to your router and look at the brand name (Should be right on there) and google "how to restart *brand name here* router", there should be lots of helpful tutorials there!
3A: If you want a more simple way than going right to restarting your router, try disconnecting and reconnecting your internet from your computer (that little connections bar there in the corner of your screen, click it, you can do this from here!).

4Q: IT'S STILL NOT WORKING! WHY?!
4A: My friend(s), all I can say at this point is your internet might not be strong enough. Is anyone else using a computer, PS3-4? Make sure you close anything that uses flash such as DeviantArt, Youtube, etc. Are you downloading anything? Your internet may only be able to handle so much, all of the things I listed are using your internet - and you need internet to get onto the game/use the login page. Try waiting until' your download is done, or when your brother, friend, sister, parents, room-mate, or whoever is using the internet to stop.... maybe ask them to close a few pages that uses flash or close a few other games, etc.

I hope this helped! Please feel free to post comments below regarding any issues you may have, I'll try my best to solve them (this also includes game-glitches... like that "transparent chat" window).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 08:34:13 pm by FreakAccident »
No, I'm not new.
DeviantArt | TopHatLady
Connection Issues? Click me!
Sig By Arborath

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
Re: Freak's Guide To Issues: Connections, Glitches, etc
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 07:47:17 pm »
Thank you for making this floofie. I am sure this will come in handy. :3

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 07:51:42 pm »
Thank you for putting this lovely little guide together. I'm sure that it will come in handy to many who stumble upon it.

I'll also move this over to the Miscellaneous Member Made Tutorials board, since the Help Section is generally where users ask for help, instead of a place to post help guides or tutorials. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 07:56:10 pm »
Oo, thanks for putting this together floof ~!

Well done, I'm sure it'll be useful ^^

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 07:58:14 pm »
This is a very detailed step-by-step guide on how to solve these issues! I and some others I'm sure are appreciated that you made this for any present of future difficulties that may occur.

Quick note: If you're internet is strong then it may be the computer's graphics card unable withstand it. Just because your other games don't crash doesn't mean FeralHeart won't. It still has to manage any stored information for running other games while also trying to handle FeralHeart, and it may be too much!

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE

Offline FreakAccident

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • http://tophatlady.deviantart.com
    • TortDoll
    • FilthyDrood
    • View Profile
    • Primitive Call
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 08:17:56 pm »
@BladeDawns @Hakumi @Warriorstrike @fireboss
- Seems tags don't work that way, whoops!

Thanks guys! I am glad you all like it/are already finding it helpful. I get a lot of questions about this and other game-related issues, I do browse the forums (go figure, right?) and I've seen a lot of these issues... the same ones, lol. So, figured "Why the hell not?". Thanks Strike for moving this tutorial to it's proper category, didn't see that there.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 08:19:48 pm by FreakAccident »
No, I'm not new.
DeviantArt | TopHatLady
Connection Issues? Click me!
Sig By Arborath

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 10:07:46 pm »
Very nice job putting this together! A lot of people will find this helpful that's for sure! +floof

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 10:20:26 pm »
Nice work on this tutorial<3 I'm sure lots of users will find this extremely helpful c: Thanks for putting this together for all of us!
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Skorpylu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • :^
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 11:59:43 pm »
I'm amazed to see all these helpful tutorials for people who need them. FH has a really amazing community. :)

Returning member, feel free to say hi!

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 01:28:16 am »
Man I'm really glad you made this, this could really help out a lot of floofs! Good job!