Author Topic: Putting Discord-Only Groups Into Different Board  (Read 5156 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Putting Discord-Only Groups Into Different Board
« on: September 12, 2019, 02:48:24 pm »
Should there be a new Roleplay Advertising Board for Discord-only roleplays?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 02:50:01 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

wolfdog01

Re: Putting Discord-Only Groups Into Different Board
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 02:57:53 pm »
Yes. Better organization.

Rhakorra

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 03:04:59 pm »
This. Yes.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 09:57:30 am »
I think it somewhat defeats the purpose of the game if you're just going to be only roleplaying on Discord or any other platform. I'm not saying it's wrong to continue or mix a roleplay in with some Discord and some in game, nor to have a Discord group for your roleplay to further help it's progress/story/activity, but it just feels wrong to only use the game as if it's only a recruitment area for something mostly or entirely unrelated.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 12:23:24 pm »
I agree with A.P.S.'s statement that it defeats the purpose of the game if you're just going to role-play on Discord or any other platform.

Personally I don't think the Discord Servers board should have even been created in the first place because it distracts away from the game and the social side of it too. For example, Feral Heart never decided to have their own server because of this very reason, but it's still happening anyhow. FH has many reasons for people not being active in-game and social anymore and how easy FH have made it to advertise Discord Servers is one of these reasons.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 12:53:23 pm »
"if you're just going to be only roleplaying on Discord"
Then what's the point of having the game?

Just being honest here, things like this irk me quite a bit. =/

Don't get me wrong, having a place to organize group information comes in very handy with how little bio space the game gives, but when players only use the game for recruiting, if that... and then have people wonder where everyone is/went, it's kinda off-putting.

I also don't think there should have been a spot for advertising Discord servers.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

wolfdog01

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 04:26:08 pm »
Most roleplays now have some Discord server attached to them, you can't escape it. I would want a Discord only board so a person could find roleplays that are ingame instead of getting interested but come to find out it's Discord only. Only other option would be to not allow Discord only rps to be posted, but that won't stop people doing it ingame.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 04:34:46 pm by wolfdog01 »

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 04:28:44 pm »
Most roleplays now have some Discord server attached to them, you can't escape it. I would only want a Discord only board so a person could find roleplays that are ingame instead of getting interested only to find out it's Discord only. Only other option would be to not allow Discord only rps to be posted, but that won't stop people doing it ingame.

Ah, that makes some more sense. Disallowing or at least discouraging it on the forums would still help though and I'd vote for that to be a rule.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 04:37:22 pm »
There is a Discord Servers Hub board on the forums where people are free to advertise their discord servers, roleplay based or not. I feel as though putting a discord only roleplay board is unnecessary and, as others have been saying, would take away from the game itself.

You are amazing <3

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 05:08:06 pm »

Personally I don't think the Discord Servers board should have even been created in the first place because it distracts away from the game and the social side of it too. For example, Feral Heart never decided to have their own server because of this very reason, but it's still happening anyhow. FH has many reasons for people not being active in-game and social anymore and how easy FH have made it to advertise Discord Servers is one of these reasons.

I agree with this. I get why some of the former staff decided to create the board though since a number of users have moved off to Discords, they had their own Discords, and some users requested for a Discord based board. Originally we never made a Discord specific board for the same reasons that we never created an Official FH Discord. The game has already been going pretty dead in the chats and part of this is to blame on the Discord usage for socializing and roleplaying. While Discord has its advantages no doubt it is also just hastening the speed at which things are going downward with the game activity. There are less roleplays out there that aren’t Discord based now, and the users who are in game are often already afk if not chatting on the Discords. Discord usage also affects the forum traffic since people now are mostly getting their FH news, updates, and even discussions from Discords rather than visiting the site themselves. By keeping up these Discord specific boards it only further promotes Discord usage and steers more users away from sticking around on the forum and game itself.