Author Topic: Map Making: Trees Not Showing Up  (Read 786 times)

Offline AutisticHyena

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Map Making: Trees Not Showing Up
« on: November 14, 2020, 12:41:40 pm »
So I edited my map, and when I exported it, the trees don't show up. Even before the edit, the trees wouldn't show up here on FH, but on FHN (or FeralHeart: FeralNeighborhood) aka Future FHU (or FeralHeart Unleashed), the trees do show up. When I tried adding the trees as a new object (example: MyTreesII) and then replacing all the MyTrees in the objects code as MyTreesII (a trick a friend taught me), it didn't work, and it broke the game (or map). So when I went back and changed it all back to MyTrees, the map and game worked again, but now the trees still won't show up in my map anymore, and idk what's going on with that. Can someone help me fix this?

Ironic

Re: Map Making: Trees Not Showing Up
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 06:41:28 pm »
So according to this thread: (https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=51336.0)

I guess this is why you're having you're problem?

When you replace things like that in your exports I think (Correct me if I am wrong) you can't see them because they are not in your ''My_Objects'', ''My_Trees'', etc. when you go into Map Maker, Object Maker, Etc. Thus not seeing them in the map. Because the map has messed with the default object groups you may need to delete all your maps (Make sure to create back up copies somewhere else!) and then put the map you are having trouble with back in your FeralHeart folders first and then try that.

Offline AutisticHyena

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 11:59:08 pm »
Actually, they are showing up in the mapmaker on the list and in the map on map maker, but when I export the map, the trees don't show up, despite the file being there. It's weird. For some other friends, the trees may show up, but for me, they don't show up.

Ironic

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 02:01:01 am »
There's another thread where it might help you. I dont know who to quote as I find found everyone helpful.

https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=58166.0

Sorry for not giving exact information. I'm not good at this stuff ;w;