Poll

Would you be interested in recovering FH+?

Yes, just let me know where to donate!
215 (90%)
No, it's probably best to just move on...
24 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 222

Author Topic: FeralHeart+ : Preview  (Read 101785 times)

Offline Peenut2k7

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • MS Paint artist who likes dinosaurs too much
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart+ : Preview
« Reply #300 on: October 31, 2014, 07:47:07 pm »
Have you made any progress on recovering this? It's been a while since someone's posted.
cartoon lion and dog game

Offline Unio-Mentium

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Side Account for Fantasia_Cross
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 01, 2014, 03:03:06 am »
I don't understand how it could possibly cost that much to repair a hard drive. Hell, mail the thing to me and I'll do it for free.

Hey ^_^ If he really means that, that solves some things right there

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 06, 2014, 08:01:53 pm »
Well, if you are not interested anymore in recovering FH+... well I would give up on it or... or... or... if your laptop was already like really outdated.

Changamko Reborn seems interesting. With the money to recover your laptop I would just use that money to use on a powerful laptop/computer... oh man I don't know if your laptop is really really old. <_<"

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline cookiekitten

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Yo yo yo
    • SpaghettiGodd .
    • STEAM_1:0:216064448
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 15, 2014, 09:47:10 pm »
I completely forgot my entire account on FH for 4 years ayyy
I am the lord of constant failure to connect to front server

Offline meowool

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 23, 2014, 01:07:54 pm »

Offline whitefang20

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 17, 2015, 05:35:12 pm »
How much longer do you think FH+ Will take its been Its already 2015 and No FH+... May I please Have and explanation on this

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 17, 2015, 05:43:06 pm »
How much longer do you think FH+ Will take its been Its already 2015 and No FH+... May I please Have and explanation on this

Please look at the first post:

Where to begin...  First, allow me to apologize for my absence, I would have loved to have had FeralHeart+ done by now, while I didn't always have time to work on it when I did it was always an incredible source of joy to bring my ideas to life in the game.  Unfortunately much has happened in the past year, one event of which I deeply and sorrowfully regret to inform you of is that the hard drive on my laptop died.  With it I lost everything, all the progress I had made on FH+, my new presets, some of my music and photos, everything I had created in The Sims 3, and many of my drawings.  I was devastated and had regrettably not backed up the files like I should have, something I now do at least once every other month.  So where do I go from here?  Well it appears I have two options, one of which I may need some help with.
One, I could sell the laptop for scrap, abandon work on FeralHeart+, and begin work on my second project which I alluded to previously as Changamko Reborn.  Changamko, for those of you who do not know, was an online Lion King roleplaying game originally being developed by a team with KovuLKD as the lead programmer, unfortunately differences arose between members and KovuLKD ended up leaving the group to create his own game Impressive Title, and of course FeralHeart as its successor.  My plan here would be to modify FeralHeart, like I did with FH+, to create a Lion King roleplaying world.  The characters would all look Lion King-esque, the maps would all be locations from the movies or based on locations from the movies, and music would be African with a few scores from the movies and musical.
Or two, after consulting a local computer repair shop I found that there is only one place in the entire United States that could probably recover my laptop, DriveSavers.  Located in California I could pay to ship my laptop there for an estimate and pay to have them attempt to recover FeralHeart+, finish the game, and begin work on the Lion King game.  Unfortunately this is where I may need some assistance, after reading online reviews of DriveSavers I found that to recover data from a crashed hard drive will likely cost me between $800 and $1400, for that I could buy a brand new laptop.  I do plan on sending it in just to get an estimate, but as I am currently in college and have limited funds as it is, my question is would anyone be interested in donating a few bucks if I were to try to pay for this using crowd funding?  Even if I don't manage to raise enough, something would be better than nothing to offset the price of saving FH+.

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Im an IRL dolphin; On hiatus
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 23, 2015, 02:36:58 am »
My dad knows some people who do hard drive recovery, but I think most of them moved and I forgot where they moved to..

Offline domwolf12

• Forum Newcomer
  • "I am that i am for i think there for i am."
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 01, 2015, 06:29:13 am »
i cant wait. it looks promiseing i will be patintly awaiting.

Offline SkylineThePuma

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Icon base by RussianBlues.deviantArt.com
    • SkylineSan
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #309 on: June 13, 2015, 02:22:24 pm »
Oh so FH+ isn't dead yet? :o

My ingame Name: SkylineThePuma