Author Topic: Latest Patch Issues  (Read 1381 times)

Offline AtlanticWolf1

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • FH veteran
    • View Profile
Latest Patch Issues
« on: January 04, 2021, 04:23:51 pm »
I had the exact same issue on windows. Took me multiple attempts (uninstalling and reinstalling) to get it to work, and it did; however, so many textures are missing. There aren't any background textures. It's nothing but the interface.. Even the program logo is just a default windows program logo. I seriously am at a loss for how this happened. I downloaded it as one regularly would. I then went back and downloaded the vanilla version that came with the new .exe already installed, hoping that a pre-organized all-in-one download would fix it, but the result was the same. I'm missing world textures. The only thing I can see is my character and the HUD. Can you help, please?

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Patch Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 07:12:39 pm »
I've went ahead and split your post from the topic you replied to and turned it into it's own thread so people can better help you with your situation. =) It's always best to start your own topic when asking for help~

Herm... Have you tried changing the rendering system? Here's how to do it manually cause sometimes it's stubborn and won't let you do it regularly:

Go into your FeralHeart folder, locate the ogre.cfg file, aka this guy: and open it. Now what you are looking for is the very first row of text:

My game is set to Direct3D9. Depending on what your game is set to, you're going to want to try switching it to the other rendering system, which would be OpenGl for me. Here are the codes for each one:

Direct3D9:
Code: [Select]
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
OpenGl
Code: [Select]
Render System=OpenGl Rendering Subsystem
There was one user who had a similar issue, but their textures were all outta whack as well. Turns out they didn't have a driver installed on their computer, or it wasn't installed correctly. Either one of the two- I forget exactly. However what version of windows are you using?
Is it windows 10, or?

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline AtlanticWolf1

• Forum Newcomer
  • FH veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 06:42:48 pm »
Hey there, sorry for such a late reply. Unfortunately I can't open the ogre.cfg file. It's not recognized as a text file for some reason:

As far as my operating system goes, yeah, I use Windows 10!

SpicyDirt

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 07:00:29 pm »
You should be able to right click on it and then click "Open With..." and then click on notepad c:

Offline AtlanticWolf1

• Forum Newcomer
  • FH veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 11:16:26 pm »
That worked, thank you.

Seems I have OpenGL. I went ahead and replaced that code with the other one. Should I try opening Feral Heart now, or is there something else I should do first?

SpicyDirt

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 02:15:33 am »
You should be good to try FeralHeart now - let us know how it works out!

Offline AtlanticWolf1

• Forum Newcomer
  • FH veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 06:43:01 am »
Sadly it didn't work. :( All of the world textures are still missing. Here's a screenshot of what I see:

Ironic

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 05:39:36 pm »
Sadly it didn't work. :( All of the world textures are still missing. Here's a screenshot of what I see:

Have you found any files that say something like Particle_0 in amongst your Feral Heart folder? If so, delete them. This happens occasionally by accident in the setup, and will cause problems like this.
Feralheart >> media > particles and delete any ending in _0, _1 and so on.

or

Ohh that looks like you don't have the maps installed.
First i try recommend setting your home and go home and see if that helps.
If that still happens make sure you check FH > Media > Terrains > fhmaps and make sure you have all the maps there:
fhBonfireIslands
fhCapeOfWorlds
fhCherikaValley
fhEAsternPAss
fhFhichoTunnels
fhKibouRidge
fhKiwimbiBeach
fhLonelyCave
fhPodium
fhSeasideGrove
fhTheGrounds
fhZamaGrotto