Author Topic: What would you want to see in a new FH forum/site design?  (Read 9404 times)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
What would you want to see in a new FH forum/site design?
« on: August 02, 2019, 02:52:47 am »
Share your thoughts, ideas, and maybe even share what you like about other game sites/forums and why you think FH would benefit from it.

Knock yourselves out my dudes.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: What would you want to see in a new FH forum/site design?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 03:07:47 am »
Def need a cleanup first of all. All the random dots and bland looks just...ech. We also need an actual theme instead of just brown and gold. II honestly think the forums need things like nice artwork and pictures and more colors to make it more lively. Something community driven as well such as art from members or something. Basically things that have been discussed so much at this point it's a wonder why none of these have even remotely been started.

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 03:21:38 am »
*cracks knuckles* I was just talking about this on Discord, but I'll share some of my thoughts:

-Remove the gradients. This game is already getting up there in age, 2000's website gradients is NOT helping it.
-Have a recognizable and consistent color scheme. The old forum's color scheme of yellow/orange on black wasn't the greatest but it was still recognizable and very... Feralheart. These weird inconsistent browns don't really do much.
-Back to basics. Old forum design was imperfect but worked well enough. It was simplistic, so I think more of a return to that simplicity would work.
-More naturalistic kinda graphics from before. For example, the banner up top with the yellow scratchy lines---works very well with FH's theme. More of the paw icons.
-This one's been talked about to death but: banners.
-Get those DISGUSTING orange dots out of here. Absolutely PUTRID. Kidding, but man they're annoying and interfere with text.
-Generally, important information should be a bit more accessible and... in your face. Key thing being the login-page. Yeah, Play Game is on the banner up top, but I think there should be more info pointing to the fact that you NEED to open that in order to access the server.
-Update the home page. Pretty barren atm. Not really the most descriptive or persuasive description... maybe a couple screenshots or something to spice it up?
-Boxes should line up. I love me some rounded corners, but not when the borders are inconsistent, boxes overlap, and some randomly just don't follow the same theme. Prime example of my anger about this being near the top of the page where it shows your avatar and says Feral Heart, those boxes are WACK.
-This is VERY minor and doesn't bother me all that much, however, it is more of a professional thing that should be consistent. The spelling of Feralheart. Some pages say Feral Heart, others FeralHeart, Feralheart, Feral-Heart... super minor thing, but I'll throw it out there.
-Not sure how far they can be edited: but MY GOD THE EMOJIS ARE AWFUL. AT LEAST FIX THE PIXELS.  :o 8) :P :D come on we can support smooth edges without white pixels in 2019 can't we

Sorry this isn't written too eloquently, just throwing all my thoughts out there that I have off the top of my head.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 09:35:10 am »
It’s funny because I talked about this when I submitted to the updated staff anon survey  ;D

I’ll edit this comment later guys.

Edit:
- Remove those orange dots at the profile panel, please.
- Can screenshots of the month be a thing? And then use those screenshots for a head banner that could be at top of the forum/site?
- Make news moving text even more visible. Sometimes that's just not the first thing you notice on the page. Perhaps make them bold? Make the text "News" highlighted or have a banner behind?
- Make the background color of the forum black again as it is more practical to have a color that let's you have it easier to read dark text. Text that is darker than this dark brown background color is a problem. But that's just a personal preference, I guess.
- Make it enjoyable to change the forum's look; Why not create a symbolic or deformed button for each forum section? Let me show you an example:

From boring texts and boxes to clickable buttons? Making it more friendly?

The button to the right is how a button looks when it's highlighted, and hovering the mouse over it.
Please remember it's just to get you and idea of what I mean, I don't want it bo EXACTLY like that. The size of those button designs that I made could be very unpleasant and maybe you wanna add more details of course.
Get it? :)

That's all the ideas I have for now.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 05:56:18 pm by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 12:12:37 pm »
Adding banners and possibly some artwork again to the top, I really miss that. Maybe seasonal banners from contest winners. I pretty much agree with everyone else that these dots need to yeet from here xD. Having badges (contest winners, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, Birthdays, etc...).
I wanna keep the forum a solid color for the most part, so everything can be more organized and clean looking, but with slight changes to colors, I’d personally switch brown parts with something more grey-ish, light grey looking. Only so that we can focues more on user profiles and text. Remove those flower looking things on the Index and possibly add smaller pawpads instead of them.
Add the feature that showed how many people were in public maps.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 02:16:17 pm »
Some solid responses so far.

If you guys have any features you like from other sites, please share them. Keep in mind that the overall site just involves the pages; home, staff, manual, downloads, rules, etc- and the forum is an area the community can just actively communicate in. I feel like the other pages need a whole new make-over and re-vamp first so it actually looks modern and generally attractive before the forum can be re-designed to match the FeralHeart site pages to give general consistency. I feel it's much harder to do it the other way around.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline FrostNight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Elon Musk pls return my calls uwu
    • iFrostNight
    • Frost Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 03:59:14 pm »
Could we have a way to 'like' other peoples' posts?

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 04:08:34 pm »
Could we have a way to 'like' other peoples' posts?
My opinion of this is that this is not really needed and if you like someones posts, you can always give them a Floof for it by using the 'Nuzzle' button on the left. Kind of the same thing but more anonymous and generalized. c:

-Get those DISGUSTING orange dots out of here.
YES, PLEASE! xD
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 04:10:34 pm by VortexAlive »
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline gh0ul

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • ~~Son Fett
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2019, 05:45:15 pm »
1. it was mentioned before but bLEase those dots on peoples' avatars X'D would love them gone, and any other bugs would love them gone too
2. make it more appealing to the eye, this brown color isn't the greatest, to my eyes at least
3. make it feel like it's  forum about an animal game, aka more artwork around it (a paw print here....a paw print there)

that's what i can think of rn :v

<3

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2019, 06:23:50 pm »
Bring the old theme back. Keep it simple and loadable on oledr PCs