Author Topic: Coming back after almost 8 years...  (Read 1284 times)

Offline pjjitterbug

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Coming back after almost 8 years...
« on: October 04, 2019, 04:07:27 pm »
Hey guys! Feral Heart was one of the biggest and best parts of my childhood. I started playing in 2011 (I think?) when I was in eighth grade. I absolutely loved FH and I played every day for YEARS. I wasn't really active on the forums, though. My char was a big lion named Rufio, and I was part of a pride of around 15 players that had its own website, fanart, all that good stuff. I have such amazing memories from that time, and I wish I could reconnect with the friends I had from the game. I got married this year and my hubs has a gaming computer, so I decided to redownload today. What happened? I can't figure out any of the maps, (I've been stuck in Ficho Tunnels for an aggravating hour) and it seems empty. Does anyone still RP? I definitely don't want to see the game shut down, but things are so different now! Does anyone have any tips on how to navigate and find people to chat with? Are there even people to chat with nowadays? I feel like an old granny trying to play now!
Thanks! :)

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: Coming back after almost 8 years...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 04:40:43 pm »
A lot has changed since you left! All the maps were updated or replaced and while it's true that numbers have dwindled due to registration being closed and people moving on, it's back up and open so hopefully some life gets breathed back into the game ^^

As for navigation, this may help out a bit!
https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=56894.0
There's some images missing but it does list the portals and their direction in each map c:

The grounds tends to be the gathering place for people to chat and advertise their roleplays! It's been a bit quiet but things will pick up!
If you haven't seen already, our Official Halloween Party is being hosted on October 26th, you can check out more info here:
https://tinyurl.com/fhhalloween2019

You are amazing <3

Rhakorra

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 10:04:52 pm »
Hey there! Lots has changed, like Bloo had provided above. As for meeting friends, most folks are hanging around in discord where it is crazy active. For in game starters, you have a better chance in grounds or roleplays! Good luck :3

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 04:51:59 am »
Welcome back to FeralHeart! Goodness, a lot sure has happened throughout the years, but we're still here. Unfortunately yes a lot of things have changed, but there's so much to look forward to~ Congratulations on getting married! That's so awesome x) Excited to see you around!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 09:54:35 am »
If you see me in game you can try & chat with me, i'm not always asleep on my keyboard.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Kahbloom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Happy Camper
    • Kahbloom
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 02:24:11 pm »
Oh gosh, that's such a long time ago, haha. Welcome back! :D
People can be kinda quiet at times but I think it's usually just because a lot of people talk in Party, Whisper, & Group chats nowadays. But you'll definitely still see some people chattin' it up in Local chat! If you see me around at all, don't be afraid to come over & say hi! (: There's a lot of new stuff for ya' to explore!
Please say hello if you see me in-game!
kahbloom.deviantart.com

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 08:40:52 pm »
Welcome back to FH! You'll see the most chitchat (and roleplay advertisement) in the Grounds, I'm sure you'll find a nice bunch to chill with soon!
Farewell everyone<3