Author Topic: Understanding the User Panel  (Read 4811 times)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Understanding the User Panel
« on: April 18, 2017, 10:36:23 pm »

Tutorial Introduction and Navigation.

Welcome to the tutorial!

This is summed up as simply an easy to understand but detailed tutorial based on the User Panel. The User Panel is basically an area in which you can modify and/or change specific things related to your account. The hopeful outcome of this tutorial is that you will learn about and understand the different sections and their uses within the User Panel, as well as how to change your username or even delete your account.

This tutorial is intended to aid those who either; don't understand the user panel, have troubles understanding it or haven't heard of the user panel before and/or it's uses. You are more than welcome to quote and share this tutorial (or pieces of this tutorial) to help those who are in need of it. This tutorial is split into the following different sections:

Post 1 - Welcome and Introduction
Tutorial Introduction and Navigation
(You are here)

Post 2 - How to Access the User Panel
How to access the User panel

Post 3 - All User Panel Contents
Character Reset
Preset Uploader & Preset Sync
Username Change
Changing your E-mail
Full Account Reset
Deleting your Account

Post 4 - Miscellaneous but still Relative
Changing your Password

If you find this tutorial and guide useful, please feel free to share this around with this easy access link! http://tinyurl.com/UserPanelGuide
This tutorial/guide will be updated with any new features the User Panel introduces. So, with that said, let's get started!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 12:42:24 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
How to access the User Panel
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 10:36:30 pm »

How to access the User Panel.

The first thing you want to do is find the yellow box located on the site's Home Page.

Once you have clicked the User Panel link, you will be directed to the User Panel Login page. From here, you must login to the account you want to make modifications/changes to. If you log into the wrong account, the chances are you could make modifications and/or changes you really did not intend to make. Throughout this tutorial, I will be logged into my account 'Bawfle'.

Once logged in, you will then have access to the User Panel where you can make modifications and changes on or to your account. The User Panel (without a scroll box) would generally look like this:

This is how you access the User Panel. Please be sure to read on if you'd like to know and understand how each section works in terms of how it could effect your account.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 12:43:12 pm by Bawfle »

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
All User Panel Contents
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 10:36:49 pm »

Character Reset.

The Character Reset is a very useful tool. This was created so users can reset their character's home, as well as relocate them without being in-game. The main use of this method is so people can access their characters that might have gotten stuck somewhere in-game. For example; you can use this method if your character(s) get stuck in a map, or get stuck connecting to a map. This was introduced so users would no longer have to completely re-make their characters every time their characters got stuck somewhere.

It is pretty self explanatory. To reset your character's home, you just need to select 'Reset Home'. This only resets your character's home to Lonely Cave. You cannot use this method to teleport to any destination you in Feral Heart, only where your character's home is set. As for 'Go Home', that just easily sends your character back to it's set home. It is recommended that if you get stuck in a map that you select 'Reset Home' then 'Go Home' to fix the issue.

Preset Uploader & Preset Sync.

In summary, the Preset Uploader transfers/uploads your character's preset(s) to the Preset Sync.

The Preset Sync was created by Razmirz to provide users with an easy-to-use method that allows users to see each other's presets, without you having to download them manually. Please note that you must have the Preset Sync installed in order to see the presets of those who have uploaded through this method. They do not automatically get uploaded to the game without it. Users MUST have upload their preset(s) through this method in order for you to see their preset(s), and vice versa. If you have done both, and you cannot see the other user's preset, then you must relaunch the game as a 'refresh'.

Everything you need to know on how to install the Preset Sync can be found in the actual thread linked above. I must encourage that any other help related questions and/or issues regarding the Preset Sync must please be asked in the Game Help Boards. Alternatively, if you're quite shy, you can ask anyone through Private Messaging who you know/think can help you. Any issues that you might spot or encounter regarding the Preset Sync itself must be addressed on the thread, or to Razmirz personally for further investigation. Feedback is welcomed on the thread itself as well!

Your preset must be the maximum size of 2MB to be uploaded. If your preset exceeds the maximum file size, you can learn how to shrink your preset here. Also, please keep in mind that if you are inactive in-game for a month, your preset will be automatically removed from the Preset Sync. But do not worry, you can just re-upload it through the same Preset Uploader method.

Username Change.

This is where it's vital that you login to the User Panel on the account you wish to make big changes to. Once you have logged into the User Panel with the account you wish to modify/change, type in your new username into the 'Enter new username' box. Once you have done that, type in your current password in the 'Password' box to confirm the change. This is to prove that the account is yours and the change is being made by you, as you should be the only one who holds access to your account's password. The username change will take effect immediately and you can then log into Feral Heart with your new username. The username change changes your name both In-game and on the Forum. Forum nicknames are no longer an option.

Regarding preset re-exporting, all of your presets will need to be re-exported, UNLESS you have deleted your account and re-named another account you own to the account you had deleted. For example; I had an account named 'BigBangTheory' and a fairly new account named 'Bawfle' (beforehand, username change wasn't possible, and I wanted my username to be Bawfle). Only thing is, when the forum maintenance began, I asked Razmirz about forum nicknames, and he confirmed that forum nicknames weren't returning. So, I decided to delete my fairly new 'Bawfle' account and re-name the 'BigBangTheory' account to 'Bawfle' afterwards. After that, I did not have to re-export any presets whatsoever.

When entering your new username, make sure that the username is no longer than 16 characters long otherwise your account will not work. Please also do not attempt making a username with any foreign letters. It is encouraged that users try to refrain from using symbols such as _+-.,!@#$%&()?=`{}[] as they can also cause issues with the function of your account. a-z, A-Z and 0-9 are perfectly functional. Some people don't have an issue with some of these symbols, but please keep in mind that the symbols can still effect you in the longer run if you ever decide to have a preset for your character. If it doesn't work, try again but without using any symbols to see if it changes anything in terms of success.

If your username change request doesn't work, please send an e-mail to [email protected] using the e-mail you registered that specific account with. The contents of the e-mail should include your old username, and the new username you wish to have. Any other messages sent to that e-mail will not be answered. If you need a little added help, send the e-mail with the contents of "[current username] to [new username]" as that is more specific and helpful. You should hopefully get a response within 48 hours.

Changing your E-mail.

Very self-explanatory. All you need to do is login to the User Panel using the account you wish to have an e-mail changed on, and enter the new e-mail. This will be the replacement of the original e-mail you used to register Feral Heart with. If a message comes up below the box saying "Cannot Update Email", this means that the e-mail is already in use. Either on the same account or another account you may have registered to Feral Heart with.

Full Account Reset.

This section resets your account. This basically deletes all of your characters and removes everyone on your buddy list as well. Please be sure you want to do this before resetting your account as there is no reversing once you have made this decision.

Deleting your Account.

This is also very self-explanatory. This section deletes your account. It is absolutely vital that you login to the User Panel on the account you wish to make this decision with. Once confirmed, your account will automatically be deleted. You cannot get the username back. Once you have deleted your account, it is irreversible, unless you make another account when registration is open, or you recycle an old account. If you choose to recycle/rename an old account, please keep in mind that this doesn't automatically bring back your characters from the account you just deleted.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 12:45:27 pm by Bawfle »

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Miscellaneous but still Relative
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 10:36:59 pm »

Changing your Password.

Sadly, this isn't in the User Panel, but since it does involve modification in your account I will add it here anyway.

First, quite simply locate the 'Forgotten Password' link in the yellow box on the Home Page.

Secondly, enter your username and complete the captcha process.

Once you have successfully completed that stage, select 'submit'.

You should then receive the following message telling you to check your e-mail to continue. Please check the e-mail you registered the account with.

Once you're logged into your e-mail, depending on what you use, you should see the following in your inbox.

Once you have opened that up, a link will be located inside. Click on it and you will be able to change your password through there.

That's the end of this tutorial! If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask. Whether it's on the Help Boards, on this thread or any recommended threads provided in the tutorial above.
Spot any mistakes? Have I left anything out? Please inform me about any mistakes or information I have missed through Private Message. Do NOT reply here. Feedback and general responses are welcome!

Once again, you find this tutorial and guide useful, please feel free to share this around with this easy access link! http://tinyurl.com/UserPanelGuide
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 11:53:57 am by Bawfle »

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Understanding the User Panel
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 11:03:16 pm »
Lovely tutorial Buffy! Gonna be a LOT of people that will find this helpful. I'll be sure to point people in the direction of this thread if they need to as well.^^

ForestHysteria

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 11:31:12 pm »
Very helpful :D My friends who are trying to change their usernames will find this helpful c;

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 12:19:37 am »
Amazing work with this tutorial Buffy. It's very organized and easy to understand. We appreciate this <3
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 02:02:39 am »
Lovely tutorial!
I think it was much needed, Bawf'.

Thanks for making this!
I am sure lots will find it helpful c:
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 01:53:12 pm »
Thank you all for the kind and encouraging responses. I'm happy to know this serves as a helpful guide and tutorial, I hope it will be used to aid those who may need the help and understanding. I'll be sure to complete and release more tutorials soon when I arrive home this weekend. I created this within a few hours last night because I just felt it was completely necessary as I had seen a few inquiries regarding some areas of the User Panel. It was super fun to create overall.

Gigi

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 09:10:26 pm »
I find this to be very helpful! Thank you for making this!