Author Topic: |:|How to role play as a blind character|:|  (Read 6259 times)

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
|:|How to role play as a blind character|:|
« on: May 06, 2017, 08:59:24 pm »
So someone {I forget your username I'm sorry} was asking how to role play as a blind character and I thought it was an interesting topic.

I suggest explaining what the character feels, tastes, smells and/or hears instead of using sight to describe what is happening. Describe textures, is the grass soft and healthy or crunchy and dead?

A quick example {Keep in mind I am not a great role player};

As I awaken to the feeling of my mother's soft and comforting fur I realise an all familiar smell was about to arrive. "Mama, it is going to rain." I mentioned "I can smell it in the air."

I hope this helps!

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: |:|How to role play as a blind character|:|
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 12:37:39 am »
Very nice little tutorial here Toast! Never heard of too many people doing blind character rps, but you set a very good example for one!

Offline xAenigmax

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 01:19:42 am »
Very nice tutorial!

I had a blind Lynx character one time, she was completely blind -- and she was the healer of the clan that she was in.
The thing was, playing the blind character, gave her strength. Her hearing heightened, and her smell heightened.

I find describing what they hear, what smell, and taste helps tons!

You did great on describing on how to do it. :)
[image]http://image.wikifoundry.com/image/3/887541e3f9e492bfae85316730498369/GW1276H265[/image]

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 02:47:10 am »
Very nice little tutorial here Toast! Never heard of too many people doing blind character rps, but you set a very good example for one!
I've noticed it is slowly increasing in popularity lately and thank yeee!

Very nice tutorial!

I had a blind Lynx character one time, she was completely blind -- and she was the healer of the clan that she was in.
The thing was, playing the blind character, gave her strength. Her hearing heightened, and her smell heightened.

I find describing what they hear, what smell, and taste helps tons!

You did great on describing on how to do it. :)

Aw she sounds so lovely! I love it when people pull of blind characters for some reason. Also thank you for sharing your experiences and what you found worked <3

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I might return soon? I dunno
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 12:49:26 am »
This reminds me of a character I used to play as, Drifter! Unfortunately, she died because of the RP, though she was a blind tortoiseshell adolescent she-cat. She spoke with a pirate accent, as did the rest of her crew. One day, though, she got lost. Her crew smelled of the sea, so she followed the scent, until she felt the camp again (she could tell by the scents, and she knew where everything in the camp was located). The camp had evacuated (likely due to an attack, as the group was basically a gang of rogues who'd attack others for fun/food), so Drifter assumed they'd come back, and waited in her den for them to return. They never did, and Drifter waited there for them until her death. (She continued to wait, because she swore loyalty to them, and would rather die than abandon them.)

It was insanely fun to play as her! I have another blind character, his name is Galaxy. I've never had a chance to RP as him before, though.
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Gigi

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 05:15:47 am »
I find this to be adorable! Thanks for making this.

I don't see to many blind characters,though.

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 07:18:26 pm »
This reminds me of a character I used to play as, Drifter! Unfortunately, she died because of the RP, though she was a blind tortoiseshell adolescent she-cat. She spoke with a pirate accent, as did the rest of her crew. One day, though, she got lost. Her crew smelled of the sea, so she followed the scent, until she felt the camp again (she could tell by the scents, and she knew where everything in the camp was located). The camp had evacuated (likely due to an attack, as the group was basically a gang of rogues who'd attack others for fun/food), so Drifter assumed they'd come back, and waited in her den for them to return. They never did, and Drifter waited there for them until her death. (She continued to wait, because she swore loyalty to them, and would rather die than abandon them.)

It was insanely fun to play as her! I have another blind character, his name is Galaxy. I've never had a chance to RP as him before, though.
Drifter sounds so adoreable and incredibly loyal! And I'd love to here more about Galaxy when you get the chance to use him!

I find this to be adorable! Thanks for making this.

I don't see to many blind characters,though.

There was at least 4 people who were unsure on what to do and how to portray their blind characters the day after I posted this. I haven't seen many more although, there may be someone out there in need baha.

Offline dav3spr1tes

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • *cryign noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 04:29:45 pm »
Oh thankies! This is a very nice tutorial! I will be using this to help me roleplay my new blind character. <3