Author Topic: Trip on memory lane  (Read 1812 times)

Offline amber501

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Is probably in the wrong section
    • View Profile
Trip on memory lane
« on: June 29, 2021, 01:18:25 pm »
Hi! Probably still forever in the wrong section of this forum but it’s been a good while since I’ve logged in. I don’t really know why I’m back other than to reminisce about this game.
I started playing this when I was pretty young and now I’ve just graduated lol. I would probably download the game again and explore if the old maps were still around, but idk if that whole issue got sorted. Still, I’ve missed this game, the community, and the friends I made on here. It’s crazy how a free game I had seen from a funny video all those years ago had such a big impact on my life and somewhat helped jumpstart my experience of the internet. As much as I’m thinking about telling stories about the people I’ve met and the fun times I’ve had, I don’t wanna make this post anymore messy or longer than it probably is so I’ll just say I’m pretty grateful to have hung out and been a part of this game while I was.
That’s pretty much all, thanks for reading the word vomit of an old player if you did and thanks to everyone who made my time on this game worthwhile. Much love <3
People don't forget.
Nothing gets forgiven.
-JM
I'm a slut for RDR lol

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: Trip on memory lane
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 02:10:57 pm »
Firstly, welcome back!
I think there's quite a large group of us that feel exactly the same way. I keep disappearing & then reappearing on a regular basis, never able to fully leave and most definitely not capable of keeping FH out from the back of my mind. Hopefully all of this can make a return for everyone in some way, soon enough.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 06:03:27 pm »
You should definitely give the new maps a chance. While they don't hold any sentimental value to you now, taking the time to make new members in them will help you feel more at home again. They are put together very well- you can just see the love and care that was put into them if you look around. I miss the old maps dearly too, but these maps are just as memorable as the old ones. Who knows, there might be a chance that they won't be too far from the main lands once again. You can still download the old maps and visit them though! Here's a link to the thread: Linkie

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline amber501

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 07:12:58 pm »
You should definitely give the new maps a chance. While they don't hold any sentimental value to you now, taking the time to make new members in them will help you feel more at home again. They are put together very well- you can just see the love and care that was put into them if you look around. I miss the old maps dearly too, but these maps are just as memorable as the old ones. Who knows, there might be a chance that they won't be too far from the main lands once again. You can still download the old maps and visit them though! Here's a link to the thread: Linkie

I have! I was still playing when they were changed. :')
They are very gorgeous and I agree it's easy to see there was a lot of love put into them, just it was hard for me to get used to them. It was another revisiting after a while scenario and I was completely lost on all that had happened with the code and stuff lol. Though I probably will cave and redownload the game just to run around again, like you said there's still a lot of good memories that can be made with something new. Thanks for providing me with the old map downloads I really appreciate it!
People don't forget.
Nothing gets forgiven.
-JM
I'm a slut for RDR lol

Offline amber501

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 07:17:52 pm »
Firstly, welcome back!
I think there's quite a large group of us that feel exactly the same way. I keep disappearing & then reappearing on a regular basis, never able to fully leave and most definitely not capable of keeping FH out from the back of my mind. Hopefully all of this can make a return for everyone in some way, soon enough.

I'm glad to know I'm not alone in that feeling, it's definitely hard to leave this game behind. You hit the nail on the head with not being able to keep it off the back burner too, the memories I made on it definitely shaped a bit of me as a kid. For the good I'd say. :)
People don't forget.
Nothing gets forgiven.
-JM
I'm a slut for RDR lol

Offline radioactivedark

• Curious Wanderer
  • i like bread
    • fur-creations
    • outrotearz
    • @im_smol_gae
    • View Profile
    • untitled_lion_game.exe - My IT server
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 07:40:04 pm »
Hey there! I'm an older, returning player as well. Perhaps we should bud up in game sometime. :)
I never was active on the forums of all the old IT games I played, and same with FeralHeart. I think I'll start changing that though, forums seem to be a nice change of pace for me other than Discord. Hmu sometime if you wanna play or just chat :)
I keep trying to escape the Dragonsreach dungeon, but I'm dummy thicc, and the clap of my ass cheeks keeps alerting the guards.