Author Topic: Says download new patch, but I have the new patch?  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Amaranthe

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • holyyguacamole
    • stone-and-ichor
    • View Profile
Says download new patch, but I have the new patch?
« on: November 06, 2019, 12:07:24 pm »
When I try to log in to the game it says to download the new patch, but I did download the latest one? I'm confused. Did I somehow download an old one? I downloaded straight off the download page so I have no idea. Spent hours setting it up so I'm losing hope tbh

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
Re: Says download new patch, but I have the new patch?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 01:00:58 pm »
If you installed preset sync then that would cause this as that was not updated.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Amaranthe

• Curious Wanderer
    • holyyguacamole
    • stone-and-ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 12:31:29 am »
If you installed preset sync then that would cause this as that was not updated.

I haven't installed that :(

I think it may be to do with the FHunix.pol file? I'm using Mac.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 01:12:24 am by Amaranthe »

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 10:18:27 am »
Oof Mac? You'll need to set up something extra to play the game such as PlayOnMac. This thread can guide you through that: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=66865.0

If you are updating from an old version, it may also be a good idea to remove old files from old versions of the game before doing an install  since the files may not always be replaced properly or the game might magically use the wrong ones, fh is touchy. xD
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Amaranthe

• Curious Wanderer
    • holyyguacamole
    • stone-and-ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 12:21:16 pm »
Oof Mac? You'll need to set up something extra to play the game such as PlayOnMac. This thread can guide you through that: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=66865.0

If you are updating from an old version, it may also be a good idea to remove old files from old versions of the game before doing an install  since the files may not always be replaced properly or the game might magically use the wrong ones, fh is touchy. xD

Yep :') I have PlayOnMac and xQuartz, but it just does the "download new patch" thing and I'm like heck. Yeah, maybe I'll try removing old files if I can see any.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 03:16:43 am by Amaranthe »

Offline Amaranthe

• Curious Wanderer
    • holyyguacamole
    • stone-and-ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 03:17:15 am »
Bump. Pls help, someone  :'(

SpicyDirt

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 03:48:45 am »
Hey there!

I do not have a Mac and have never really dealt with one, but I know that the Mac download took some time to perfect with the new update. Have you tried completely uninstalling the game and removing everything associated with it? I know that is pretty similar to just saying "turn it off and back on again" but that often is the best fix.

Offline Amaranthe

• Curious Wanderer
    • holyyguacamole
    • stone-and-ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 03:56:17 am »
Hey there!

I do not have a Mac and have never really dealt with one, but I know that the Mac download took some time to perfect with the new update. Have you tried completely uninstalling the game and removing everything associated with it? I know that is pretty similar to just saying "turn it off and back on again" but that often is the best fix.

Yep, I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything and have the same issues. I'm not sure if it's a script issue or what.

SpicyDirt

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 03:58:59 am »
Hmm. I am not 100% sure what is going on. I'd recommend that you take a look at this thread https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=66865.0;topicseen and see if the setting is all set for the game? As I said, I am not too keen on Mac/Apple, and I do apologize that I am not too much of a help.

Offline Amaranthe

• Curious Wanderer
    • holyyguacamole
    • stone-and-ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2019, 04:07:16 am »
Hmm. I am not 100% sure what is going on. I'd recommend that you take a look at this thread https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=66865.0;topicseen and see if the setting is all set for the game? As I said, I am not too keen on Mac/Apple, and I do apologize that I am not too much of a help.

Yeah, just looked at that thread and followed all the steps and having issues still so I've commented on it. Sad times haha.