Poll

What sort of map/solution would your personal preference?

I don't mind either way.
A map in which you are alone to prevent any possible lag.
A new map in which everyone is starting in for easier meetings and socializing.

Author Topic: The community views on starting map (Home position/spawns point)  (Read 19369 times)

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
Re: The community views on starting map (Home position/spawns point)
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 12:29:42 pm »
Rofl, typo deluxus on my part, Zaroque* I mean.

Still not keen on the community map idea.
If it was to be new and larger (the new default map), everyone would prefer to stay there and possibly roleplay, instead of spreading the lag out in somewhere like Fluorite. I don't think the staff would like to move everyone into Ficho again. cx
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 12:37:11 pm »
Get a savannah map in the future and poof, lion rps would be gone.

Get a new snow map that has some actual content and poof, wolf rps would be gone.

And half of the rps would never take place there? *tries to think further up ze road*
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 12:42:45 pm »
Poofz? I like deh sound of dat.

Made a recent trip to Bonfire when I couldn't get to sleep, flooded with roleplays.
South Pole: Never used.
We don't exactlly have a Savannah map. The majority of people on FH can't download maps, which is a concern.

New map? New attraction for a while.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 01:23:19 pm »
Question is maybe, why would new players move into another map if they don't offer anything particular than the first one. Savannah map could always be made, and south pole is used more than I thought a few bumps could ever be.

New maps with time spent into them = Permanent extension?
Former community manager of FeralHeart

CloudFish

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 08:57:44 pm »
I myself prefer the Lonely Cave. Mostly for the above mentioned reasons of the lack of lag. Though I see where everyone is coming from about the new players coming in and needing help.

Though, in my opinion, if they browse the site even a little, the problem of them getting stuck on how to move and jumping through portals wouldn't be that big of a deal. Through the manual.

I agree with Red though, more maps would spread out user population if they had something to offer.

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 11:51:22 pm »
I'd personally like a start map where all of the new players could see each other.

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline wlofjaw

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 12:48:53 am »
i like the alone map, it really helps those of us with slow loading computers who would usually have a tough time loading just a new character for us but on top of that has to load the rest of the characters? also its just so loud with all the running about on a public home @_@

though what would be nice is if in the alone home we had somthing like the home tab in the bio page were we can set a spot as our home but instead have it as a fave map so a portal to the area will apear in your defualt home so that you can get new characters straight to say a custom rp map or whatever so you dont leave everyone waiting for you to get back the long way. idk i just feel it'd add a bit more of a personal feel to the lone cave? especially for those who just sorta wander about and listen to what people are talking about.

though wolff's idea of being able to pick before hand of were to go is a nice touch.

Offline Grayshadow

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 12:57:16 am »
Maybe there could be like 2-4 starting maps, linked together by portals, and you pop up in a random map? That would split the lag into halves,thirds or fourths, wouldn't it?  :)
~Sakiko~ - 'Hope Blossom Child'

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 11:27:13 am »
If the start map was as large as the original IT's default, I would be more than happy to have a shared map, especially if it was laid out with the original idea, revelevant portals nears the border as well, and a few nice little landscapes (ex; the conifer tree clump by Castle's portal, I think). But it would have to be a large map, as I said, the size of IT's default at least, maybe a tad bigger, but again, not the size of ReallyBig or something like that >D

Offline VexedCourage

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 01:05:09 pm »
I think both options are good. When you start out alone, it gives you the chance to test out options without people insulting you by calling you a noob. You can type, test animations and so on without worrying someone is watching you. That way you can enter the world knowing the basis of the controls. ^^ It also can encourage exploration. I know it did for me!

But a community map entrance would be really nice too. Because then you can talk with other members right off the bat and ask any questions you may have. A nice way to start to make new friends in game. :3